IGNORED

Cahill V Yakubu......

Blue 250

an opinion can not be wrong! hence it being opinion and not fact.

no need to be agressive over something like this, get a grip mate

I didn't mean to be aggressive, I think he can speak for himself anyway you don't need to kiss his ass! Licker normally talks a lot of sense but as he said, I think his desperation to see Vaughan back (which I share, as I think he could become our number 1 striker) clouded his judgement! :)

I mean does anybody else think realistically that Vaughan will possibly in a million years start tomorrow....? I have no problem with opinions but sometimes an opinion can be wrong - one of our opinions will be wrong come tomorrow kick-off. As for Romey's comment, Everton were absolutely DESPERATE for a decent cM in our team, we were playing abysmal and we needed Cahill back. We don't have anything like the same need for Vaughan to be rushed back, especially considering his run of injuries - in fact Moyes is probably slightly nervous about trying to keep so many good strikers happy. Even you must know there is no chance that Vaughan will play tomorrow (I'd be surprised if he was on the bench) so in reality you just made that comment about Cahill to make me look stupid when in reality you more than likely think I'm right. If you can think of any possible argument why Vaughan will start tomorrow then I'd welcome the discussion, rather than just smart comments ;)

If somehow Vaughan does start tomorrow (I suppose if it's 442 there could be the remotest possibility) I'll be the first to admit my opinion was wrong and offer a full retraction ;)

Edited by carlmc25

We don't have anything like the same need for Vaughan to be rushed back,

Well I'd say we do!......Cahill it seems is 'key' to playing 4 5 1.......and 4 5 1 looks like it could be the way Moyes likes to play, and we do seem to get better results.

IF were going to play 4 5 1 and with AJ out, then I don't care if Yakubu did cost £11million it just looks far more likely that Vaughan(at his best) would be more suited to the lone role.Sure put it on a plate and Yakubu may well be a great finisher!...but a lone striker may well have to be far more than just that.

I don't pick the team, and I don't care who plays up front as long as we win, and to a certain extent play well......one forward or three as long as we score more than Birmingham then I don't care.......BUT with AJ out and 4 5 1 a possability, then YES hurry back Vaughan!!

If Yakubu plays up front on his own or with a partner, then while he puts the effort in and gives Everton 100% he'll have my support.Perhaps he can adapt to the role!...what will Moyes do then? rotate AJ, Yakubu and Vaughan....one game in three!

Should we build a team around Cahill?............Pick your best team available Moyes, and play to your tactical strengths!

Be great if he could start a game where with his starting eleven and his subs he could change things around to play either way(4 5 1 or 4 4 2)...I'd say it was posssible.

We don't have anything like the same need for Vaughan to be rushed back,

Well I'd say we do!......Cahill it seems is 'key' to playing 4 5 1.......and 4 5 1 looks like it could be the way Moyes likes to play, and we do seem to get better results.

IF were going to play 4 5 1 and with AJ out, then I don't care if Yakubu did cost £11million it just looks far more likely that Vaughan(at his best) would be more suited to the lone role.Sure put it on a plate and Yakubu may well be a great finisher!...but a lone striker may well have to be far more than just that.

I don't pick the team, and I don't care who plays up front as long as we win, and to a certain extent play well......one forward or three as long as we score more than Birmingham then I don't care.......BUT with AJ out and 4 5 1 a possability, then YES hurry back Vaughan!!

If Yakubu plays up front on his own or with a partner, then while he puts the effort in and gives Everton 100% he'll have my support.Perhaps he can adapt to the role!...what will Moyes do then? rotate AJ, Yakubu and Vaughan....one game in three!

Should we build a team around Cahill?............Pick your best team available Moyes, and play to your tactical strengths!

Be great if he could start a game where with his starting eleven and his subs he could change things around to play either way(4 5 1 or 4 4 2)...I'd say it was posssible.

no doubting it's possible if Vaughan was fit and in form, but there is no justification for playing him tomorrow especially when Yak scored and had an assist in his last game and was obviously not brought on midweek to keep him fresh for tomorrow. I agree with everything you've said team wise, I was so disappointed when Vaughan got injured as I thought he could become a superstar this season and fire Everton to great things, hopefully he still can. Vaughan looks like the perfect lone striker, a possibly better version of AJ (who is supposedly nearly fully fit by the way, so there is no great rush to rush Vaughan back) and I have serious doubts that Yak can perform this role week in week out, but the fact is he will play tomorrow (barring injury) as he earned his place last weekend and he's 100% fit and ready. The more I see of Yakubu the more hope I have for him to be a success, he looks like he could do the business if we give him anything like decent service.

oh and I think 451 is guaranteed, unless key players are struggling for fitness.

Edited by carlmc25

oh and I think 451 is guaranteed, unless key players are struggling for fitness.

You would expect it to be 4 5 1. but if Arteta is out we have 2 play 4 4 2 imo, we wont give the yak fuck all if Arteta aint on the pitch and we play 4 5 1 because Arteta is a player who makes us play a bit more and give's quality service, without him the midfield will become even more packed because who ever we put out there to replace him will naturally come inside and we will hit several long balls up to yak, make him look shit, then he comes off after 60 mins.

Edited by Blue4Ever

You would expect it to be 4 5 1. but if Arteta is out we have 2 play 4 4 2 imo, we wont give the yak fuck all if Arteta aint on the pitch and we play 4 5 1 because Arteta is a player who makes us play a bit more and give's quality service, without him the midfield will become even more packed because who ever we put out there to replace him will naturally come inside and we will hit several long balls up to yak, make him look shit, then he comes off after 60 mins.

suppose so, although he may just bring Gravesen into the middle (or dare I say - Phil Neville) and push Osman out wide, if both Pienaar and Arteta are out then I'd expect to see possibly McFadden up front with Yak. If everyone is fit I would expect a 451, but as we are at home against a team we expect to beat then I suppose Moyes might just be a little more adventurous. Just cant see it tho, we played poor for weeks with a 442 and once we switched to a 451 we started playing some good football and winning matches, we were poor against luton with a 442 until just before Cahill came on and we went 451, I cant see Moyes changing a winning formula - but sometimes his selections are a little baffling!

Edited by carlmc25

well then it becomes a prediction, not an opinion.

hence, an opinion is something that can not be proven or denied

this is what Licker said:

Saturday will be Vaughan and cahill.. 4-5-1

that doesn't sound much like an opinion to me, it sounds like a prediction so I think I was within my rights to question it :D

I couldn't 100% rule Vaughan out of a 442 (althought I'd rate his chances at about 1 in a thousand) but no way and I repeat NO WAY! will he start in a 451 ahead of Yakubu. Lickers comments about Vaughan doing a lot of running etc are fair enough (and something I had forgotten about) but Yakubu has been kept primed for today and it would be totally unfair to drop him, and totally unfair to ask Vaughan to start after only about 2 days training when we have 3 other fit strikers on our books. Before the Larissa game I was predicting with certainty (I just cant find the topic at the moment that I said it in!) that Cahill would start as he was obviously left out of the derby to keep him fit for Larissa, plus we deserately needed a result and some decent performances as our midfield had been useless all season and Moyes was feeling the heat. Yakubu will play today (unless injured) or I'll run through the streets naked.

Edited by carlmc25

that doesn't sound much like an opinion to me, it sounds like a prediction so I think I was within my rights to question it :D

I couldn't 100% rule Vaughan out of a 442 (althought I'd rate his chances at about 1 in a thousand) but no way and I repeat NO WAY! will he start in a 451 ahead of Yakubu. Lickers comments about Vaughan doing a lot of running etc are fair enough (and something I had forgotten about) but Yakubu has been kept primed for today and it would be totally unfair to drop him, and totally unfair to ask Vaughan to start after only about 2 days training when we have 3 other fit strikers on our books. Before the Larissa game I was predicting with certainty (I just cant find the topic at the moment that I said it in!) that Cahill would start as he was obviously left out of the derby to keep him fit for Larissa, plus we deserately needed a result and some decent performances as our midfield had been useless all season and Moyes was feeling the heat. Yakubu will play today (unless injured) or I'll run through the streets naked.

hope he does, can see him scoring today. FEED THE YAK, FEED THE YAK, FEEEED THE YAK AND HE WILL SCORE! FEED THE YAK ALONG THE FLOOR!

then you kept refering to it being an opinion because???

if you wanna keep being picky with people i'm happy to play the language & grammar police

then you kept refering to it being an opinion because???

if you wanna keep being picky with people i'm happy to play the language & grammar police

because at the end of the day it IS an opinion, but it is ALSO a prediction. It can't be anything other than an opinion until it becomes either fact or fallacy, but it's still a prediction at the same time which is why I said it was wrong all along. Anyway, who cares? The fact is I made my post to highlight the flaws in Lickers statement, I don't do it to have petty arguments I do it because I felt what he said was quite obviously 100% wrong - and so maybe I got a little over excited in my post, but it certainly wasn't meant to be aggressive and we all love the club and should be big enough boys to have lively debates. I'm happy to debate it and if someone changes my mind then fair enough, that's the whole point of a forum is it not? Both you and Romey stuck up for Licker but do you actually honestly think Vaughan will start ahead of Yakubu in a 451 today, and if so, why?

we stuck up for him due to your attitude, not because we think the same players will start the game.

bill doesnt need us to stick up for him one bit, it just gets right up my arse when people insist they are right and have no respect for others ideas and get aggressive when people dont share your ideas. hence me getting picky, we can all be arse holes, and we can all have different thoughts on the club, they dont come hand in hand thou

I mean does anybody else think realistically that Vaughan will possibly in a million years start tomorrow....? I have no problem with opinions but sometimes an opinion can be wrong - one of our opinions will be wrong come tomorrow kick-off. As for Romey's comment, Everton were absolutely DESPERATE for a decent cM in our team, we were playing abysmal and we needed Cahill back. We don't have anything like the same need for Vaughan to be rushed back, especially considering his run of injuries - in fact Moyes is probably slightly nervous about trying to keep so many good strikers happy. Even you must know there is no chance that Vaughan will play tomorrow (I'd be surprised if he was on the bench) so in reality you just made that comment about Cahill to make me look stupid when in reality you more than likely think I'm right. If you can think of any possible argument why Vaughan will start tomorrow then I'd welcome the discussion, rather than just smart comments ;)

If somehow Vaughan does start tomorrow (I suppose if it's 442 there could be the remotest possibility) I'll be the first to admit my opinion was wrong and offer a full retraction ;)

I did not say what I said to make you look stupid, I said it to point out that your reasoning behind saying Licker was dead wrong was not entirely sound. Can you not handle other people's opinions or something? Because you're constantly telling people are wrong when they don't agree with you, i.e. 451, Vaughan. You're getting right on my tits mate. So what if he thinks Vaughan's going to start? How can you say he's wrong? Do you live Mr. Moyes? Are you his wife? Nobody wants a retraction if your opinion is wrong, if that was the case people would be retracting things all the god damn time.

Pull your head out.

"I made my post to highlight the flaws in Lickers statement"

Carl. So now i'm an illiterate am i, you've gone a gone a bit too far mate just take a deep breadth and read all the posts back slowly.

c1982 ... Saturday will be yak and cahill though.

My reply.. Saturday will be vaughan and cahill. My comment was in reply too C1982 nobody elses

But from nowhere comes Fair Wooney.. don't talk shite!!!

And then you ....I'm sorry Licker but it's not all about opinions when yours is so obviously wrong! and also shouted at the end of your post ..VAUGHAN WILL NOT START TOMORROW UNLESS EVERY OTHER FIRST TEAM STRIKER IS INJURED!

is that an opinion or statement of fact ?

and another statement from you I think his desperation to see Vaughan back clouded his judgement!

is your desperation to see yakubu play clouding your Judgement ??

Your latest statement is Yakubu will play today is that any different to the one i made at the start of this Debate.

Your taking so many minor things and making them into something they are not and are becoming more aggressive with it, who cares if joe bloggs plays or not, its just a toffeetalk thread where other peeps can put forward their wishes, hopes and views.

When things start getting personal and you start offering out Challenges to people, its time to put it to bed.

The old Toffeetalk remedy .... Agree to Disagree and move on. Hopefully thats the end of it.

fuck the mayweather hatton fight, this ones better

:D

personally all I think this thread has done is highlight the cliques on this messageboard, I've seen far mor offensive (including swearing) posts on this board by the more established members and nothing is said, but as I soon as I have the audacity to state that what Licker said was undoubtedly incorrect the established buddies come out and stick up for him when, as of yet, they have still not come out and actually agreed with anything he said. Everyone knows Vaughan will not play ahead of Yakubu today, you don't need to be David Moyes wife you just need to think logically. I'm sorry if that offends some people but I'm not here to make lifelong buddies, I'm here to talk sense. As far as Romey goes, I really don't give a hoot if I'm getting on your tits as you obviously just dont like the fact I've gone on about 451 for weeks and as soon as we start playing it we start winning - just because you have a higher post count doesn't mean you know more than me. At the end of the day, if you dont agree with what I say then come out with an argument for it, rather than a sarcastic comment and we'll discuss it like men. I've never got personal with anyone on a forum and never would. I'm still waiting for a justified reason from you as to why on earth Vaughan would play ahead of Yakubu...

If I came out and said Lucas Justiewicz WILL play today then I'd expect some stick, which is why I think team selections through before I post.

Sorry Licker, Fairwooney maybe shouldn't have sworn, but in reality what he said I think most Evertonians would have been thinking.

Anyway, this is my last post on this topic as quite frankly we'll see who's right come 3 o'clock. If I'm wrong then I won't go hiding I'll take it like a man.

" what Licker said was undoubtedly incorrect"

"Anyway, this is my last post on this topic as quite frankly we'll see who's right come 3 o'clock. If I'm wrong then I won't go hiding I'll take it like a man".

There you go again, who gives a monkeys toss who's right or wrong, the thread is to give peeps the opportunity to submit what team THEY THINK might be chosen to play, give yourself a big pat on the back if you are correct, thats obviously your "I TOLD YOU" so attitude on this forum.

Like you said your not here to gain lifelong friends, Dont worry about that because nobody likes a smart arse.

You also show a lot of insecurity if you think you need to go hiding at kick-off time, peeps got onto you not because of any Cliques as you call it, but just to point out that your over inflated ego on any subject you talk about, wont let anybody else be right if their view doesnt fall in line with yours.

I SINCERELY HOPE THAT WAS YOUR LAST POST ON THE SUBJECT. :angry:

" what Licker said was undoubtedly incorrect"

"Anyway, this is my last post on this topic as quite frankly we'll see who's right come 3 o'clock. If I'm wrong then I won't go hiding I'll take it like a man".

There you go again, who gives a monkeys toss who's right or wrong, the thread is to give peeps the opportunity to submit what team THEY THINK might be chosen to play, give yourself a big pat on the back if you are correct, thats obviously your "I TOLD YOU" so attitude on this forum.

Like you said your not here to gain lifelong friends, Dont worry about that because nobody likes a smart arse.

You also show a lot of insecurity if you think you need to go hiding at kick-off time, peeps got onto you not because of any Cliques as you call it, but just to point out that your over inflated ego on any subject you talk about, wont let anybody else be right if their view doesnt fall in line with yours.

I SINCERELY HOPE THAT WAS YOUR LAST POST ON THE SUBJECT. :angry:

well teams are in and Yakubu starts in a 451 formation, as I 'predicted.' To be honest I'm not here to win a popularity contest, I made a post in this thread because you quite obviously came out with a team line up that didn't make sense and I pointed it out. I'm just happy Moyes has put out the right team on current form. I think we can do Birmingham over.

"I made my post to highlight the flaws in Lickers statement"

Carl. So now i'm an illiterate am i, you've gone a gone a bit too far mate just take a deep breadth and read all the posts back slowly.

c1982 ... Saturday will be yak and cahill though.

My reply.. Saturday will be vaughan and cahill. My comment was in reply too C1982 nobody elses

But from nowhere comes Fair Wooney.. don't talk shite!!!

And then you ....I'm sorry Licker but it's not all about opinions when yours is so obviously wrong! and also shouted at the end of your post ..VAUGHAN WILL NOT START TOMORROW UNLESS EVERY OTHER FIRST TEAM STRIKER IS INJURED!

is that an opinion or statement of fact ?

and another statement from you I think his desperation to see Vaughan back clouded his judgement!

is your desperation to see yakubu play clouding your Judgement ??

Your latest statement is Yakubu will play today is that any different to the one i made at the start of this Debate.

Your taking so many minor things and making them into something they are not and are becoming more aggressive with it, who cares if joe bloggs plays or not, its just a toffeetalk thread where other peeps can put forward their wishes, hopes and views.

When things start getting personal and you start offering out Challenges to people, its time to put it to bed.

The old Toffeetalk remedy .... Agree to Disagree and move on. Hopefully thats the end of it.

Look what I started - and there I was just stating the obvious and World War III erupts - the joys of ToffeeTalk - I think they've (yak and cahill) earnt the right to start again against Nuremburg!

Cue the arguement...

Look what I started - and there I was just stating the obvious and World War III erupts - the joys of ToffeeTalk - I think they've (yak and cahill) earnt the right to start again against Nuremburg!

Cue the arguement...

No argument from me, i quite agree. Yak and cahill played well together yesterday

No argument from me, i quite agree. Yak and cahill played well together yesterday

it's ok - the argument is over! I apologised to Licker as looking back at my first post maybe typing in capitals wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had and I possibly got a little carried away, sometimes I just get a little too passionate. That being said, I still stand by thinking it was insanity to pick Vaughan (at that moment in time) ahead of Yak in a 451! I just went about it the wrong way! Bottom line is we won again and long may it continue.

Personally, I'm not sure about what team to put out against Nuremburg. We won the first group match so this one isn't QUITE as important, we already look like favourites to progress now so I would possibly rotate a little to keep our players fresh for Chelsea next weekend. We need to keep in touch with the likes of Blackburn, Man City etc and whilst it's going to be a big ask to get points off Chelsea, whatever team we put out, I think it is possible if we have a full strength and fully fit line-up (especially as they have a midweek match as well, although a fairly straightforward one). I'd consider resting Cahill again, possibly Yakubu again and maybe go 442 and bring in McFadden and either Vaughan/Anichebe. I'm not convinced a 442 is the answer at all, but Nuremburg aren't the world's greatest team and I think we can at least match them and bring on the big guns with 20 mins to go to try and snatch the win. I'd also look at resting Osman, who faded badly at the weekend, and bring in Gravesen, possibly also rest Pienaar - but I've no idea who we could bring in for him, Baines? We have a bigger squad so now is the time to use it, particularly in the earlier rounds of the UEFA cup when the opposition isn't as strong and when we already have 3 points on the board.

Yakubu had his best game in an Everton shirt since he's been here, confidence will be high and i think he should start again, I also think we should go all out to win this one and if we do we are more or less qualified out of the Group, therefore making the other two group games meaningless then we can think about rotating the Squad and resting players.

Get the job done and then rest the players. I would be all for starting the same team that started yesterday with Baines coming in to replace Stubbs if he's available, so well done to all for a solid Team performance although it was so easy they almost went to sleep.

A few players below par, Osman, Neville, Arteta, but the rest gave a solid performance none better than Pienaar and Carsley, I think Pienaars performance deserved a goal same as Carsley deserved his.

Gulp!!!........I'm seriously considering never starting another thread called Cahill V Yakubu!

Kinda ended up Vaughan V Yakubu....and the result 1-1.

As for Licker V Carlmc 25....well, I think probably a draw as well. We all want whats best for Everton!...........Footballs a very passionate game....leading to passionate debate....which can only really lead to one conclusion.....I'M ALWAYS RIGHT :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: For anyone who wants a fight.....that last bit was a joke :P