IGNORED

Fc Nürnberg

MikeO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands up who was shouting "get it up in the air" every time Arteta took a corner last night...for some reason he was hitting them low.

I am quite excited by Pieenar, he is quite consistent and I like his enthusiasm, always running after the ball.

Valente should join VDM down the pub.

Arteta's set-pieces were terrible, I don't know if it's a different ball in Europe or whether the pitch was just heavy - but he just couldn't get any purchase on the ball all night. I just hope he doesn't become a victim of the Gravesen syndrome, it seems that now that has form has dropped a little people start getting on his back - because they know how talented he is - when in reality he played ok last night. If his name wasn't Mikel Arteta you probably would have watched his performance and thought "this guy looks good." The Daily Mail gave him motm, which was possibly undeserved but he was one of the best players on the pitch. People rave about Pienaar, yet all he did was keep it tidy, get into good positions and not pick anyone out, work hard and nearly cost us a goal with a stupid dummy on the edge of our box. Arteta worked hard, he also passed it around nicely, won loads of free-kicks, played a lovely one-two with Cahill in the box, had a few shots on goal which rebounded out and we could have scored off, plus he scored the penalty etc. He did nothing wrong, apart from his set-pieces, and played better than VDM ever has, BUT he just isn't playing as well as he could. I bet if you ask the Nurnberg fans who our best player was they'd probably say Arteta. He possibly needs a rest but he certainly shouldn't be dropped as he's still playing better than the alternatives (I mean does anyone want to see Jags in midfield instead?). Let's just hope he gets back to top form soon and then we really will be flying.

Cahill looked off the pace last night, contributed little, but Osman was again excellent. Considering we were away from home I thought Nuremburg hardly had a sniff of goal so I thought we defended pretty well, although I missed the first 10 mins or so.

Before the match many were saying they'd take a draw, they think we'll lose etc, we actually won 2-0, so how about we congratulate the team and say well done? The real test is Sunday, but with tired players I think we may struggle.

Great post Sebbo, glad you enjoyed it and I hope we help you out by taking the next six points :P .

Don't think Valente was any worse than the rest of the defence personally, couple of daft mistakes but he wasn't alone in that. At least he always played it on the floor. Watched the game through at speed this morning and Howard was far and away the most guilty of the long punt....which is acceptable at times I suppose, he's not paid to play football. His contribution made it look worse than it was I think, counted Lescott doing it four times, Yobo three and once each for Neville and Arteta (at least he was back helping out).

Majority of the time we played it along the ground.

Edit....you missed out the fact that it was his ball through to Anichebe that got us the pen Carl.

Edited by MikeO

Hands up who was shouting "get it up in the air" every time Arteta took a corner last night...for some reason he was hitting them low.

I am quite excited by Pieenar, he is quite consistent and I like his enthusiasm, always running after the ball.

Valente should join VDM down the pub.

i think, i'm your lucky charm

great result, performance wasn't amazing but we battled it out and got the win, it's enjoyable to win those kin of games, it wasn't easy but we did the job...a few years ago if we didn't play particularly well, we'd more than likely lose...so i'm delighted that we're top of the group

buy an xbox or something

Edited by CraccerC

Yeah, Arteta laid a nice little pass on for Vic before he got fouled for the pen. Well said, MikeO.

I dunno, we never looked like we were gonna lose and if Timmy was a bit fitter (match fitness I mean) then he may have got the other one that Osman laid on for him in the first half.

I don't think there was a bad performance per se, just a little nervy in the midfield when we could have kept the ball better but chose to pass it back, and then it got hoofed over Yaks head, or let them have possesion, or just passed it to Yak to hold it up. So a little naive maybe from some of the midfielders, but fortunately their players seemed to be shot on confidence for the most part so it wasn't punished. Gotta give a shout for Yak and Ossie, and I agree that people need to look at Arteta's game as a whole -- he kept the ball better than the other midfielders but got little support; yes his set plays were shit, but we've got more to our game now than just set plays, as proven over the last few games.

Great post Sebbo, glad you enjoyed it and I hope we help you out by taking the next six points :P .

Don't think Valente was any worse than the rest of the defence personally, couple of daft mistakes but he wasn't alone in that. At least he always played it on the floor. Watched the game through at speed this morning and Howard was far and away the most guilty of the long punt....which is acceptable at times I suppose, he's not paid to play football. His contribution made it look worse than it was I think, counted Lescott doing it four times, Yobo three and once each for Neville and Arteta (at least he was back helping out).

Majority of the time we played it along the ground.

Edit....you missed out the fact that it was his ball through to Anichebe that got us the pen Carl.

yeah I didn't realise, didn't watch the goals again at the end as I was busy so never really noticed! One thing though, how cheesed would you be if you were a Nuremburg fan? I mean, Anichebe did well for the goals (he tries that turning the defender a lot) but from a defensive point of view the goals were embarrassing! That guy was lucky to stay on the pitch, he got booked for the pen and then hauled Anichebe down when he was clean through on goal and should have gotten a straight red imo, yet he didn't even get his second booking! I just hope Anichebe can really get stuck in when he starts a match in future, he definitely has all the physical attributes to be awesome.

Edited by carlmc25

i think, i'm your lucky charm

great result, performance wasn't amazing but we battled it out and got the win, it's enjoyable to win those kin of games, it wasn't easy but we did the job...a few years ago if we didn't play particularly well, we'd more than likely lose...so i'm delighted that we're top of the group

buy an xbox or something

you will always have a special place in my heart ;):P:D

already got a 360, think I will get something for my car...halfway to a set of new coilovers.....

Forgot to mention Osman in my earlier posts, thought he had a good game again. Howard make a couple of good saves when we needed it too.

Really chuffed with the result last night, performance was not vintage but we definatly deserved the result that we got.

Arteta is defo showboating a bit too much, i feel abit uneasy with the amount of free kicks he was "buying". they wern't really blatant dives but it still grates with me, i just don't like it. But if it gets us results then i won;t complain much. If we had a player that could consistanlty hit a free kick then we could start flying.

i think it was a great performance, compared with the two legs against metallist, always room for more improvement, but i didnt feel overly worried, in fact i felt had Nuremberg Scored we were more than capable of equalising, IMO we were just stuck in 2nd gear and Vic got us playing with some urgency which is good to see.

Kev The Rat Called it well (again) we've now got a strong Bench to Back up our Starting XI

it was a better performance than metalist but i'm not sure if it was that much beter than against larrisa. I'm not saying that it was much worse, but it wasn't much better. But we are getting results so i really don't mind, and vic is becoming a super sub which is always good. Can you imagine a Bayern final with vic coming on and doing a solskjaer. I'm salivating now

Really chuffed with the result last night, performance was not vintage but we definatly deserved the result that we got.

Arteta is defo showboating a bit too much, i feel abit uneasy with the amount of free kicks he was "buying". they wern't really blatant dives but it still grates with me, i just don't like it. But if it gets us results then i won;t complain much. If we had a player that could consistanlty hit a free kick then we could start flying.

Arteta is usually about the best there is from set-pieces, we score loads of goals off his deliveries, that being said he hasn't been on top form recently and last night his set-pieces were abysmal, but usually he's the best around imo. Gravesen can whip in a mean delivery too and is probably not far off Arteta standard and Carsley isn't too shabby.

Good honest performace, yes areas for improvement as always

Didnt see anything wrong with Valente

5 wins on the trot. I wonder what Everton have to do for everyone to be positive

Next Chelski - Oh dear, heres the real Litmus test

Arteta is usually about the best there is from set-pieces, we score loads of goals off his deliveries, that being said he hasn't been on top form recently and last night his set-pieces were abysmal, but usually he's the best around imo. Gravesen can whip in a mean delivery too and is probably not far off Arteta standard and Carsley isn't too shabby.

arteta is good at setting up goals from set pieces but doesn't score many directly from free kicks. Thats what i meant, having a player who when they step up you think, yes- we could score. Its a big ask but with arteta buying all these free kicks, having a set piece master would really push the team forward.

Good honest performace, yes areas for improvement as always

Didnt see anything wrong with Valente

5 wins on the trot. I wonder what Everton have to do for everyone to be positive

Next Chelski - Oh dear, heres the real Litmus test

in some ways yes, some ways no. It's definitely the ultimate test of how good our squad is, but not how good our first 11 is. I mean, our team are going to be a lot more tired than Chelsea's and we're away from home. I think you'd have to expect us to struggle on Sunday or to rotate a few players, but I'm still hoping that as their defence is a bit weak at the moment we may pull something out of the bag. Any result at all would be fantastic, I can only assume Vaughan etc may be brought in to give us the energy we need. Be interesting to see what team he puts out.

Any1 have a link to those goals? I fell asleep on the half-time

What were you drinking? :o

Make sure you get to see Vic's goal!!...Did anyone else notice that Vic's first touch was a header

at a height that Yakubu hadn't won one at all during the match!I'm fairly sure he even managed to direct to another Blue.........Raw talent at it's best.I wonder if the coach at Everton resposilble for the strikers will be able to get the best out of him?

I thought valente actually looked quite good. He looked soild and distributed well.

Arteta was influencial but is definately showboating. Mind you every time he had the ball they had 2 or 3 players around him.

Cheebie is so strong for his age! What is going to be like when he is 28?!

Though howard was good last night, he installs confidence in me.

We controlled the game last night without ever threatening much. I don't think yak got any real service.

Well happy with the points away from home though. They are probably going to be the hardest team in the pool.

Onwards and upwards boys!

Hey Guys,

i am a FC NÜRNBERG fan and i had been in the stadium. I must say you have really great fans and I like them. We had very much fun together in the "gärtla" where we stood together on the tables and drunk together. ( so much together :D ) It was a really great day. Congratiulation for your succes and i hope we will see us again and i also hope that you will win all matches in the uefa cup

So good luck and have fun

( sorry if there are many misstakes but i am not very good in speaking english)

Perhaps somebody who also had been in the "gärtla" before the game he can write me an e-mail and can stay in conenction

Sincerely yours

René

email:goetzren@hotmail.de

Hey Guys,

i am a FC NÜRNBERG fan and i had been in the stadium. I must say you have really great fans and I like them. We had very much fun together in the "gärtla" where we stood together on the tables and drunk together. ( so much together :D ) It was a really great day. Congratiulation for your succes and i hope we will see us again and i also hope that you will win all matches in the uefa cup

So good luck and have fun

( sorry if there are many misstakes but i am not very good in speaking english)

Perhaps somebody who also had been in the "gärtla" before the game he can write me an e-mail and can stay in conenction

Sincerely yours

René

email:goetzren@hotmail.de

Your fans sounded great on the TV, what an atmosphere they created

Glad you all had such a good time, better luck with the rest of your season

Nice post Rene!.............Gracious in defeat!! That's a fine attribute to yourself and your team.A rare thing these days.I enjoyed the match on TV and thought your fans played their part, but as you've said our travelling fans are something special!

Good luck to Nurnburg this season, hope you get yourselves higher up the league.

I haven't heard of any trouble after the game, and as the fans were mixed up a bit in the stadium this also shows that even after defeat you must have some excellent fans.