IGNORED

Chelsea (away)

zequist

I felt prompted to go ahead and start this thread now, even though we're all focused on Nurnberg atm, because of the news that Petr Cech has been ruled out of Sunday's game due to an injury that he picked up against Schalke. Will it make any difference for us? Maybe not, since Cudicini's pretty damn good in his own right, but it can't hurt.

Edited by JD in DC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt prompted to go ahead and start this thread now, even though we're all focused on Nurnberg atm, because of the news that Petr Cech has been ruled out of Sunday's game due to an injury that he picked up against Schalke. Will it make any difference for us? Maybe not, since Cudicini's pretty damn good in his own right, but it can't hurt.

Cudicini used to be superb, but when he's come in for Cech he hasn't looked that comfortable to me. Chelsea are also without John Terry and Ashley Cole so their back line is seriously weakened. I think this is a seriously good time to play Chelsea, which is why personally I'd put out a lesser team tonight against a clearly struggling Nuremburg (particularly when it's almost guaranteed we will get through the group). I still think we can beat Nuremburg putting out a decent strength team but if we can rest a couple of key players for Chelsea then I think we can get a result in both matches. Once we see the team tonight I think we will have a lot better idea of Sundays team, if anyone like Cahill, Yakubu etc is rested tonight then we know they're definitely playing on Sunday. If Gravesen plays tonight, then probably no chance he'll play Sunday etc.

Cudicini used to be superb, but when he's come in for Cech he hasn't looked that comfortable to me. Chelsea are also without John Terry and Ashley Cole so their back line is seriously weakened. I think this is a seriously good time to play Chelsea, which is why personally I'd put out a lesser team tonight against a clearly struggling Nuremburg (particularly when it's almost guaranteed we will get through the group). I still think we can beat Nuremburg putting out a decent strength team but if we can rest a couple of key players for Chelsea then I think we can get a result in both matches. Once we see the team tonight I think we will have a lot better idea of Sundays team, if anyone like Cahill, Yakubu etc is rested tonight then we know they're definitely playing on Sunday. If Gravesen plays tonight, then probably no chance he'll play Sunday etc.

I would rather put a stronger team out tonight and make sure of the points and then go into the last 2 games being near enough certain that we go through than put out a weaken sqaud tonight and end up dropping points tonight and Sunday.

Can't take anything for granted and even more so with teams like Chelski or United

Would take a point now but also if we win tonight would be 5 wins on a trot and what a way to get the 6th.

Still think that we will lose on Sunday though by 3 v 1 with jags scoring for us

Chelsea may have a weakened Defence, but 'Weakened' Defence for them is still batter than ours! their 2nd choice players are still top Notch, Alex is awsome, Belleti, great at defending and attacking, And Wayne Bridge IMO better than A.Cole, Bridge should be a Defo start for any team! and Carvalho IMO is a good defender, but is the weak link, he is too aggresive and is always giving Fouls on the edge of the area away!

But to sum it up, it doesnt matter how bad their defence is, their attacking options are still 1 of the best in the league!

Can see a Chelsea 2 - 1 Everton on the Cards, But Hopefully and 1-1.

Stay calm lads....look who's back in the squad, everything's gonna be OK :D .

Everton: Howard, Wessels, Hibbert, Neville, Jagielka, Yobo, Stubbs, Lescott, Valente, Baines, Carsley, Osman, van der Meyde, Pienaar, Arteta, Gravesen, Cahill, Anichebe, Yakubu, McFadden, Vidarsson.

Chelsea may have a weakened Defence, but 'Weakened' Defence for them is still batter than ours! their 2nd choice players are still top Notch, Alex is awsome, Belleti, great at defending and attacking, And Wayne Bridge IMO better than A.Cole, Bridge should be a Defo start for any team! and Carvalho IMO is a good defender, but is the weak link, he is too aggresive and is always giving Fouls on the edge of the area away!

Dont agree, Carvalho is one of the premierships best centerbacks, he doest have much pace but he makes that up how good at defending he is. Him + Terry together are probs the best central partnership in the premiership, and imo one of the best in europe

Edited by Blue4Ever

TBH I think were gunna get beat by Chelski because compare there players to ours and I think it tells its own story. In pervious seasons we have give them gud games and a gud challange and Mourhinio admired that but this Grant fella sounds like hes one of them people who bum up to Liverpool 4 sum strange reason so I think the Chelsea - Everton friendship has gone.

So Chelsea liked us under Mourinho and as a result gave us "good" games.....but now they like Liverpool so they're going to try their hardest to beat us. Hmmm, can I have some of what you're smoking Josh....it must be good stuff.

And thanks for that CFC, be appreciated by many I'm sure (spent years living in Wimbledon myself....few stops up the distict line and I was there, problem was that it was in the days of away supporters being frog-marched everywhere by a police cordon so they'd never let me cross the bridge at Fulham Broadway to go home....had to go north a stop or two and then get off and come back <_< ).

according to offical site Arteta is struggling with an injury. hopefully he gets over it to play, I don't fancy are chances without Arteta to hold the ball a bit and create something.

i've put a couple of quid on Everton 2-1 with Cahill scoring first goal, 220/1!

though really I think it will be 2-1 Chelsea, as long as Arteta is playing.

I think we can score against them but the mix of their ability and our occasional silly mistakes will probably cost us a couple of goals.

Chances looking slimmer :( .

Mikel Arteta misses out for Everton as they take on Chelsea.

The influential Spaniard has a groin problem and is replaced by Tony Hibbert.

Phil Neville switches to midfield with HIbbert slotting in at right back.

The backline is completed by Jospeh Yobo, Joleon Lescott and Nuno Valente.

Neville is joined in midfield by Steven Pienaar, Leon Osman and Lee Carsley, with Tim Cahill offering support to front-man Yakubu.

Chances looking slimmer :( .

Mikel Arteta misses out for Everton as they take on Chelsea.

The influential Spaniard has a groin problem and is replaced by Tony Hibbert.

Phil Neville switches to midfield with HIbbert slotting in at right back.

The backline is completed by Jospeh Yobo, Joleon Lescott and Nuno Valente.

Neville is joined in midfield by Steven Pienaar, Leon Osman and Lee Carsley, with Tim Cahill offering support to front-man Yakubu.

Oh god. Ive changed my mind 3- or even 4-0 to Chelsea

Generally we were poor in the first half....all except Pinar and Lescott have kept us in the game.For the first 30 minutes all decisions seems to go their way (ref??)......I know many will disagee but get T.hibbert off!! he is a waste!! Lescott and Yobo has to bail him opt every time!! and for god's sake some one please tell that fat ass Yukubu to chase and run for ball and not wait for it to drop at his feet!!!...Poor performance.....we have one clear chance, they had few but our goalie was good.....Lets hope second half we improve! else are are asking for 4-0 score line!!

Neville + Yak off for Mcfadden and Anichebe.

Positive thinking from moyes here, Chelsea's back 4 is dodgy aswell it could be are day.

Don't know about their back four being "dodgy" but it's nice to see a positive intent....gladly take 0-0 though.

I predict they'll score within 10mins of the second half starting. It always seems to happen to us.

Made it past that Mark :D ......Go Clock!!!!

Edited by MikeO