IGNORED

Arteta

manny and bentley for arteta is a no brainer for me.... there aren't many better than bentley, if i had to choose a replacement, it would be him.

Where is all this bollox coming from ? I would rather have Kaka and Drogba than the Yak or even Steven Gerrard & Gatusso than Carsley or how about Ronaldo & Henry for Piennar?

There all about as likely to happen as Manny and Bentley

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what happens when Bentley's creative form dips just as Arteta's has? Do we go on and trade him in as well? I dunno, I think the risk of replacing one creative player with another one needs to be recognised, though I'm sure Moyes has recognised it :P

And I totally agree Licker, he has been off form, but then again this is why you have multiple players of his quality; to take the pressure off him until his form comes back and then we will really be on fire. Of course he may end up being a one season wonder, but if we can sell him in the Summer for decent money after getting that one season out of him it'll be pretty decent after all. Personally though, I don't think he is a one season wonder and would rather not have Bentley right now... especially since we now Arteta will still work hard when he is going through a creative dry patch.

i dont think arteta is playing bad, just below the high standards he has set himself

I agree his form did take a dip earlier in the season but IM with you even then I dont think hewas playing badly.

I do think that since he has come back he has been a lot better. He was as good as he has ever been against Sunderland and I thought he was great against Arsenal

Where is all this bollox coming from ? I would rather have Kaka and Drogba than the Yak or even Steven Gerrard & Gatusso than Carsley or how about Ronaldo & Henry for Piennar?

There all about as likely to happen as Manny and Bentley

they are not, and don't have a go at me...I was responding to a question or a suggestion, if you read the whole thread you'd know that....maybe the thread has turned into a bit of a fantasy, my fault though? nope

they are not, and don't have a go at me...I was responding to a question or a suggestion, if you read the whole thread you'd know that....maybe the thread has turned into a bit of a fantasy, my fault though? nope

Sorry wasnt meaning to blame you in particular. I have read the entire thread and Im just frustrated that so many people seem to want rid of one of our best players.

I was just dont see the point of the thread , there is no way we could sell Arteta then bring in Manny and Bentley with the proceeds its pure bollox.

Whilst I think Bentley is a great player does everyone think he is on fire week in week out? I was at the game against them this season and he was awful against us.

Manny hasnt had a look in all season over in Spain and has had all kinds of discaplinary probs off the pitch so even though he was a sucess he last year there is a bit of a gamble there.

Arteta never gives anything but 100 %

Every player is going to have there ups and downs . I just cant beleive that there are Everton fans out there who dont appreciate what Mikel Arteta gives to our team

well hes got a three match rest, come back on fire mikey, or manny might have took your place!

Occurred to me that the ban could be a blessing. We beat Boro without him, if we get past Oldham today then get a result at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday (which is likely to be more about graft and keeping it tight than flair), then he's had a nice rest that he'd never have got because he'll always get picked if available. And then hopefully like Steve says he's refreshed and back on fire.

Sorry wasnt meaning to blame you in particular. I have read the entire thread and Im just frustrated that so many people seem to want rid of one of our best players.

I was just dont see the point of the thread , there is no way we could sell Arteta then bring in Manny and Bentley with the proceeds its pure bollox.

Whilst I think Bentley is a great player does everyone think he is on fire week in week out? I was at the game against them this season and he was awful against us.

Manny hasnt had a look in all season over in Spain and has had all kinds of discaplinary probs off the pitch so even though he was a sucess he last year there is a bit of a gamble there.

Arteta never gives anything but 100 %

Every player is going to have there ups and downs . I just cant beleive that there are Everton fans out there who dont appreciate what Mikel Arteta gives to our team

if you really read the thread, no one is saying sell arteta. just lookin at the posibility that he may leave at some point, no one wants to sell our best players, and a few alternatives have been thrown about.

bentley has been on fire week in week out thou, hes been one of the best players in this league this season.

manny hasnt had a look in, but to say hes had disciplinary problems are a bit unfair, he got into a fight over a stolen watch and spent a night in the cells. joey barton has disciplinary problems, manny is just normal.

and i know we wont sell arteta and bring in manny and bentley, i was merely making discussion, you never had a conversation with someone about players you'd like to see brought in to the club?

I'd wait for Bentley for another season to look at him. Not sure if the boy can graft as well as Arteta in the moments when his creative play isn't there.

Also, for the Arteta issue as a whole - has he not already said that he wants to play for Atletico at some point in the future? It is only prudent to plan for that.