IGNORED

Arteta

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do they do differently????????

Hunt, gets the ball in the box just like arteta, but doesnt fanny about taking players on.(even thought thats the bit every1 loves, and what i love to do when i play footy). Hunt scores more goals than Arteta, Takes Corners and free kicks aswell as arteta.

i probably take freekicks aswell as ronaldo.... doesnt mean im as good, actually, maybe i should have 75 mil price tag too

arteta has that class to win a game, and the vision to carve a defense apart... hutn may have a good left peg, but he doesn't have the brain arteta has, and that's a big big difference

Edited by CraccerC

I can't believe that this thread has gone on to say that Hunt could do as good as job as Arteta. Jokes. I don't even think Reading fans would agree, I don't think Hunt would agree. Just because he takes corners and plays in the same position does not mean he plays as well as him, i mean seriously come on!!!!

Arteta = one of the best creative midfielders in the premier league

Hunt= one of the midfielders in the premier league.

There is no doubting that Manny and Mikel are quality players and both would be a great asset to a team, but given the work ethic and camaradery at the club I'd try everything to keep spud, for his attitude as much as his ability. The guy obviously enjoys playing for us or he wouldn't have signed a long term deal - so he's mentioned he'd like to go back to play in Spain one day, but not now. What did Manny do, f*cked off without a buy or leave at the last second, when he thought the grass was greener at Valencia. That, in my opinion, shows what type of character he is and gives little assurance that he won't do it again. Loyalty is not a word that's often found in a footballers vocabulary these days, but I reckon you'd get more out of Mikky than Manny.

I't surprises and disappoints me how many posts on here would choose to have Manny over Mikel.

There is no doubting that Manny and Mikel are quality players and both would be a great asset to a team, but given the work ethic and camaradery at the club I'd try everything to keep spud, for his attitude as much as his ability. The guy obviously enjoys playing for us or he wouldn't have signed a long term deal - so he's mentioned he'd like to go back to play in Spain one day, but not now. What did Manny do, f*cked off without a buy or leave at the last second, when he thought the grass was greener at Valencia. That, in my opinion, shows what type of character he is and gives little assurance that he won't do it again. Loyalty is not a word that's often found in a footballers vocabulary these days, but I reckon you'd get more out of Mikky than Manny.

I't surprises and disappoints me how many posts on here would choose to have Manny over Mikel.

Id choose to have manny over mikel because manny is a center midfielder which imo we need more than anything, plus i said id only have manny if it came with 15 million, with that we would have a quality center midfielder and money to buy a replacement winger.

if it was a strait swap I dont think anyone would swap Mikel for him, I wouldnt. But theres not much difference between them.

Edited by Blue4Ever

lol boys boys boys, Hunt does the Job for Reading aswell as Mikel Does it for us, End off, if you dont agree go talk to a reading fan.

Bluegaz, i think the point ppl on here are trying to say is not that they would rather have Manny than Mikel but its that Mikel is going to want to go soon when he gets a Sniff from a Bigger Club than ourselves and their is going to be a time when we will have to cash in on him, and ppl here think that a deal from valencia involving Manny would be a good one

I'm sorry but with Hunt and Arteta there is no comparison. At all. If we had both players Hunt wouldn't get a look in past Arteta.

I'm seriously amazed people are even comparing the two.

I can se what you are trying to say - you are saying that although he doesn't have the tricks the end results is the same.

However, I just don't agree. Arteta's tricks allow him to beat a defender or get room to get a cross in. How many assists does this man get? Nearly all of them!

I don't think Arteta has had a great season to be honest but on top of his game he is almost unplayable.

It was me who said we would get about 12 million for Arteta

Yes he is class, but Stephen Hunt does the Job aswell as Arteta is he 20 million, NO he is not even 5 million. If we sold Arteta to an overbroad team apart from Real madrid we wouldnt get anywhere near 20 million, the Spanish clubs know how to get a buy and dont spend 20 million plus players who are inexperienced in the Champions league and are not even in their Country Squad. Only Madrid would pay 20 mil plus(which would never happen cos they have robinho)

:lol::lol::lol:

Haha I am truly lost for words!

I'm seriously amazed people are even comparing the two.

I can se what you are trying to say - you are saying that although he doesn't have the tricks the end results is the same.

However, I just don't agree. Arteta's tricks allow him to beat a defender or get room to get a cross in. How many assists does this man get? Nearly all of them!

I don't think Arteta has had a great season to be honest but on top of his game he is almost unplayable.

I wouldnt exactly call 3 assists "nearly all of them".

Bearing in mind he takes all corners and all free kicks he is not having the best of seasons, too much showboating and playing for free kicks maybe.???

MWSnap035.jpg

This is silly. Arteta has been, and still is, a wonderful player for Everton FC; he played a significant part in getting us into the position to qualify for Europe and has undoubtedly been an influence in creating a "pass and move" ethos on the pitch, even if his performances have been low by his standards this year. His influence could conceivably be part of why Pienaar came to the club and why Ossie has found such great form before his injury - not saying it is, but it wouldn't be beyond the realms of logic to assume so. Not only all of this, but he still works his nuts off even though his creative play hasn't been brilliant.

Then you have Hunt... he has ever played for Everton, but instead played in a brave Reading side last year that played well, yet relied on certain players who either aren't there this season or aren't in good form at all this season. Oh yes, and he happens to either nearly kill people or nearly end their careers because he can't tackle.

To me, there is no comparison. But then again, maybe I watch too much football.

Calico, not disputing he's probably the best forward player we have, just pointing out that a lot of his directness has gone from his game this year, he seems quite content to stand motionless with the ball while tempting to take the piss out of defenders, and is more intent on earning free kicks.

Has not been as effective because his delivery has not been as good, and he should score more goals.

No, and i didn't say you did either. You said they could do the job as well as each other. I disagreed and stated that hunt wouldn't get picked over arteta. If you agree with that then it also means you agree that Arteta is better than Hunt.

Jamie were Settled now mate, lets leave it, we ended up witht the same conclusion ^^

I wouldnt exactly call 3 assists "nearly all of them".

Bearing in mind he takes all corners and all free kicks he is not having the best of seasons, too much showboating and playing for free kicks maybe.???

MWSnap035.jpg

Licker u do research into everything dont you :D that site is pretty useful for comparing players.

Btw do u edit ur screenshots in paint or wot?

just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, if we could swap manny + cash for arteta and bring in bentley as artetas replacement. so arteta out, manny and bentley in, would you take it?

I wouldnt Know wether or not to do it, IMO Manny could be a risk atm, not bin playing that many games, +all this about 3rd party ownership could be a nitemare, and Bentley is a no-Brainer.

I do agree that he isn't as 'direct' as last year.

However, these stats are basically useless. If Arteta beats 5 players and passes it to AJ who nudges it onto Yak to score then AJ get's the assist. I stand by the fact that most of the goals stem from something good by Arteta (and increasingly Pienaar).

Licker u do research into everything dont you :D that site is pretty useful for comparing players.

Btw do u edit ur screenshots in paint or wot?

Jacko, its a free screenshot tool i downloaded, (MWSnap), as well as taking a full screenshot you can also draw a square or rectangle on any part of the screen that you want, and can also put a coloured frame around it and it goes straight into "My Pics" AS A JPEG or MPEG or whatever file you want to keep it as.

Its so easy to use i dont need to edit it with Paint, or anything else, Give it a try. http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

The site i've been using lately is www.telegraph.co.uk click on sport, football, then Players stats, gives you two side by side so you can type any players names in and compare their stats, but i think you already know that. :)

I do agree that he isn't as 'direct' as last year.

However, these stats are basically useless. If Arteta beats 5 players and passes it to AJ who nudges it onto Yak to score then AJ get's the assist. I stand by the fact that most of the goals stem from something good by Arteta (and increasingly Pienaar).

The Stats are worked out the same for Rooney, Ronaldo, Bentley or any other player, must be useless for them as well, Tho i dont recollect Spuddy ever beating five players. :)

As i said, I'm not saying he's not a good player just dont think he's playing as well as he can this season, His delivery from free kicks and Corners have been shite, one league goal against Derby and a penalty goal against Nuremberg are a poor return from 20 odd games.

And a YES to Stevo's post......... i would also Swap him for Fernandes and Bentley.

The Stats are worked out the same for Rooney, Ronaldo, Bentley or any other player, must be useless for them as well, Tho i dont recollect Spuddy ever beating five players. :)

As i said, I'm not saying he's not a good player just dont think he's playing as well as he can this season, His delivery from free kicks and Corners have been shite, one league goal against Derby and a penalty goal against Nuremberg are a poor return from 20 odd games.

And a YES to Stevo's post......... i would also Swap him for Fernandes and Bentley.

Maybe he hasnt hit the same heights as last season consistantly this season but he is still a class act an is still by far and away our most creative player and I also believe he brings out the best in players like Stevie P and Ossie.

He is on record as saying he loves it here and thats good enough for me. I really cant understand why anybody would want to get rid of him