IGNORED

Arteta

I hate the thought of selling Arteta - and don't want or expect him to leave in the immediate future.

BUT

This is interesting to consider... we sell arteta to valencia with manny/albelda in the deal + significant cash and we invest the cash in long-term target Stewart Downing. Which midfield 5 is stronger?

Current: Arteta, Osman, Timmy, Cars, Pienaar.

If and buts: Pienaar, Manny, Timmy, Albelda, Downing.

I'm not saying this will happen but the later is a stronger midfield altogether in my eyes - but I believe that arteta is the outstanding player over the other names I have mentioned.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. Was only joking! Would be nice though!

To damn right it would be nice, been linked with chelsea for £30mil - only 24 and one of the best strikers in the world. Hes FAR to good for Everton.

Manny + albeda + 15mil i would take. Bentley would be a great signing (probaly could get him for 12mil) then sign pinaer for 2mil

Pinaer---Fernandes---Cahill---Bentley

---------------albeda-----------------

Now thats ALOT better than

Pinaer---Osman---Cahill---Arteta

--------------Carsley--------------

Whilst im on the bentley subjecy how much do you think he would cost us?

P.S Silva anyone? :P

Edited by Adams

To damn right it would be nice, been linked with chelsea for £30mil - only 24 and one of the best strikers in the world. Hes FAR to good for Everton.

Manny + albeda + 15mil i would take. Bentley would be a great signing (probaly could get him for 12mil) then sign pinaer for 2mil

Pinaer---Fernandes---Cahill---Bentley

---------------albeda-----------------

Now thats ALOT better than

Pinaer---Osman---Cahill---Arteta

--------------Carsley--------------

Whilst im on the bentley subjecy how much do you think he would cost us?

P.S Silva anyone? :P

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Get in the real world

You cant compare the prices of those two players. Henry has already peaked and will go for a large price because of his name not his gameplay, personally i think that he's past it and won't make any kind of dent in spain. However arteta is still young and will soon be hitting his peak.

If he goes to spain he will prob go about 15m. if he goes to another english club then it will be at least 20m.

I really wouldn't want to let him go, don't care about the money because it will just go to lining bills pockets and help fund the new stadium. we would be lucky to see 10m out of the transfer fee for new players.

Manny + Villa for Arteta would be very very very very good, but its not really going to happen is it? We probably couldn't afford Villa's wages anyway. and he'd want to go the one of the biggest clubs in europe.

As for manny+albelda+18m. I mean, come on, how do you come up with this?

Villa wouldn't come to us, He wants Over 100k in wages and We would have to Give them Arteta and 10 million to get him!

Albelda is on a free so he doesnt really count,(well i think he is anyway)

Manny was 10 mil or sumin, and + 18 million, Spud aint worth 28 million!!!! more like Manny and Albelda 5 mill. or if albelda still has a contract it will probs just be Manny and ALbelda.

But i think Spud is happy at the Club and wont leave in this Transfer window!

Manny + Villa for Arteta would be very very very very good, but its not really going to happen is it? We probably couldn't afford Villa's wages anyway. and he'd want to go the one of the biggest clubs in europe.

As for manny+albelda+18m. I mean, come on, how do you come up with this?

id heard 15 n manny was offered like, as a rumour...which id have taken personally

If it was for full manny plus that kind of money I can't see turning it down. While Manny is obviously a very different player he's in the same league as Mikel and younger still. Manny would give us a great base in the middle of the park and I'm sure Moyes could conjure something up for 15 million on the wing.

Valencia can only give us half of his ownership seeing as that's all they have. We'd have to agree two different deals.

maybe we could have agreed a deal where they had to buy the other half of him or somthin, tbh I dont want Mikel to go but one day he will and I dont think we will get much for him.

arteta is an amazing player i would price him 20+ if Valencia offered this IMO i would turn it down i would want a player aswell manny would be nice but the half ownership situaltion will fk it up albelda would also be nice.

On who eva it was who said 12 million - are u having a monkey he's class!!! :S

Then mayb with the money we could buy bently from blackburn for £10 mill or summin like tht i dont know im sure moyes will make the best desicion!!!

Moyes = God!

arteta is an amazing player i would price him 20+ if Valencia offered this IMO i would turn it down i would want a player aswell manny would be nice but the half ownership situaltion will fk it up albelda would also be nice.

On who eva it was who said 12 million - are u having a monkey he's class!!! :S

Then mayb with the money we could buy bently from blackburn for £10 mill or summin like tht i dont know im sure moyes will make the best desicion!!!

Moyes = God!

It was me who said we would get about 12 million for Arteta

Yes he is class, but Stephen Hunt does the Job aswell as Arteta is he 20 million, NO he is not even 5 million. If we sold Arteta to an overbroad team apart from Real madrid we wouldnt get anywhere near 20 million, the Spanish clubs know how to get a buy and dont spend 20 million plus players who are inexperienced in the Champions league and are not even in their Country Squad. Only Madrid would pay 20 mil plus(which would never happen cos they have robinho)