IGNORED

Shocking If True

He's left footed and plays wide Midfield for Reading, is also a hard worker and i think he can fill in well for Pienaar when he goes to africa. Top stars dont always make for a good team, if he is the right piece to slot into the Jigsaw then i'm all for it, plus it boosts the squad.

Would also like to see another holding midfielder cos Carsley deserves a rest.

Everton boss David Moyes is planning a £3m move for Reading midfield man Stephen Hunt in the January transfer window. (Daily Mirror)

please tell me this aint true i no we need some back up but jesus would rather moyes put on shirt what do you all think ????

Tbh, Steven Hunt is a pretty Decent player, but No thanx,

Edited by Licker

He isnt the "world class" playmaker I was hoping for but I do rate him and think at that price he would be a good signing.

He always plays well every time I watch him. reminds me a bitof Ray Houghton

None of are midfielders are classed as 'World Class' tbh, Arteta may seem it to us as we watch him week in week out and he's one of the better players in the team, but wouldnt a 'World class' player be in his countrys Squad? Was Pienaar a world class player when he joined us onloan?..... no, but look at him now, its not about buying a 'world class player, but making one.

And if you can buy a 'World class' player for 3 million let me know and i will break into myes' house and leave the players name on his fridge!

dont think he'll be up for a spell on the bench TBH as he's getting played every week for reading.

None of are midfielders are classed as 'World Class' tbh, Arteta may seem it to us as we watch him week in week out and he's one of the better players in the team, but wouldnt a 'World class' player be in his countrys Squad? Was Pienaar a world class player when he joined us onloan?..... no, but look at him now, its not about buying a 'world class player, but making one.

And if you can buy a 'World class' player for 3 million let me know and i will break into myes' house and leave the players name on his fridge!

dont think he'll be up for a spell on the bench TBH as he's getting played every week for reading.

I never claimed that any of our current midfielders was world class and I certainly never said you could get a world class player for £3M.

The point I was trying to make was that we already have a good midfield and I was hoping we would sign a world class plater to take us on to the next step

maybe give us a bit of rotation and competition, 5 players fighting for 4 spots. arteta or pienaar may move infield possibly with ossie missing out, anyway its all speculation but would give us some options.

admittedly not a player we need though at the moment, more urgent positions

I think we do Mike, OSMAN out for possibly 6 weeks and PIENAAR off to Africa will leave us short in that department, dont want to see any more injuries or Tommy g might have to play. :(

I think we do Mike, OSMAN out for possibly 6 weeks and PIENAAR off to Africa will leave us short in that department, dont want to see any more injuries or Tommy g might have to play. :(

He's not that bad..

Personally I hate Hunt, he's a dirty bastard. but even tho he is a decent player I dont want him.

Edited by Blue4Ever

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the Daily Post article linking us with Stephen Hunt again today. Apparently, though, his comments the DP referred to about his future being "in the hands" of Reading was actually in regards to a 2.5 million pound offer made by Sunderland, which the article didn't mention (but the one below does). No surprise that Keane wants him, or that Reading wouldn't sell that low.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premi...MHD=premiership

in paper today coppell sayin he wont leave this window...so doesnt look likely

as for our midfielders being world class...none of them are, it's pretty much fact. some very good players, but world class is a term that relates to few, and as good as they are, they're not in that band

Dont suppose that 13 game unbeaten run had anything to do with Pienaar playing great football, OR Osman coming in from the wing and playing great in midfield, OR Carsley playing some of his best footy, which allowed Cahill to do his stuff. :)

It was just a one man band was it.??

Dont suppose that 13 game unbeaten run had anything to do with Pienaar playing great football, OR Osman coming in from the wing and playing great in midfield, OR Carsley playing some of his best footy, which allowed Cahill to do his stuff. :)

Its just a one man band is it.??

No denying that Licker, and I don't think the unbeaten was all on Cahill but you can play all the pretty football you want but what matters is sticking the ball in the back of the net. When Cahill plays the creators know there is someone there who will die trying to get on the end of their piece of skill, he gives the striker infront of him more freedom and confidence as has been proven with the Yak. It's not all down to Cahill but he has played a massive role in making us better this season. I love Cahill myself, in footballing terms obviously :mellow:

Can I just say I think the "World Class" discussion is a pretty pointless one unless you set perameters.

If you have a list of the top 1000 golfers (or tennis players, or welly throwers) in the World how many of them are "world class". The top ten? Twenty? Fifty? Five hundred? There'll all pretty shit hot players/throwers for sure but who decides where you draw the line?

Otherwise it's a "How long is a piece of string?" question.