• Pienaar
    • Carsley
    • Yobo
    • Neville
    • Lescott
    • Jagielka
    • Howard??
    • Graveson

Still think it should be a easy game for us, seems as bolton have been going downhill for a bit now.

On the contrary, Bolton have played much better since they fired Lee and brought in Megson. They've lost only two of their last ten, a stretch that includes a draw at Bayern Munich and a win over ManU, so they can certainly beat us if we take them lightly.

That said, I do think we'll take them seriously and I think we should come out of it with all three points.

Slightly worrying :) .

David Moyes has revealed there are doubts over Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill for the Boxing Day clash with Bolton Wanderers.

Arteta missed Sunday's defeat to Manchester United because of illness, whilst the Aussie goalscorer at Old Trafford had to be withdrawn from the action late in the second period after picking up a knock.

The Blues' chief admits both are now doubtful for the visit of Gary Megson's men.

He told evertonfc.com: "Tim took a knock and we had to take him off and we will have to see how he is for the next game.

"Mikel has been sick for a day and a bit and hopefully he will be back for Boxing Day."

If they fail to prove their fitness they will join Leighton Baines, Alan Stubbs and Leon Osman on the injured list.

Everton from: Howard, Wessels, Hibbert, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Arteta, Cahill, Carsley, Gravesen, Pienaar, McFadden, Yakubu, Johnson, Vaughan, Anichebe.

Off out now for family day with five children of various sizes plus two grandkids, fortunately at daughters house so chaos doesn't intrude here :D . Will have to sneak out to the car to get updates on the radio 'cos I think any request to put on the TV might be unpopular :( .

Need a win and we should (again) have too much for these, even short handed. 3-1, don't give a fuck who scores, though Lescott would be nice....not got one for a bit. Happy Boxing day all!

Goal for Pip!?!? Rarer than him winning a major trophy (eight goals and nine trophies before today) and as shocking as Haley's Comet at the Battle of Hastings :o !!!

Nice win though (according to the stats at least), eleven shots on target, nine off and nine corners. Sounds straightforward enough :) . Nice little gap to seventh place as well as long as Pompey don't beat the Arse.

One Word : Good Performance....Was much better in second half...Played some nice football....Arsenal in the making? lol....Jagel was rock solid at the back,....S.Pnear ran his ass out (Give a year and probably S.Pienar would be the player who covered the most distance in total matches)....In all we deserve it.....!!!

It was a good performance and we didnt even get out of second gear. The first half was slow with not much happening but the second half was much better. Howard had a bit of an off day but he still didn't let us down. Jagielka was a rock for us once again, he won EVERYTHING. Pip had a good game for us I felt and I'm glad he scored, two fluked goals for us now lol. Yobo was solid as he has been for a while now. Joley was good defensively and offensively, when attacking though he does my head in by taking one too many touches sometimes. I didn't really notice Carsley tbh which must mean he played well, however, it could have been coz I thought he was Grav half of the time lol. I was disappointed and worried when I found out Grav was starting, and after most of the first half it was looking like I was right to be worried. But, second half he settled in better and worked well with Spuddy, not 6months Grav but he was decent. If possible though, I wouldnt start him against Arsenal just because of their pace. Spuddy looked a lot better yesterday than he has for a while, hopefully he'll keep on improving and get back to the level we want him at. He still needs to work on his set pieces though. Pienaar worked hard as usual but I don't think it was one of his better games for us, could be down to the Manure game? Cahill worked tirelessly and took his goal very well, should have scored at the beginning of the half after good work from the Yak. The Yak was rubbish for most of the first half, every ball was just bouncing off him. In the second half though, he held the ball up well and used his strength and power perfectly. Hopefully he can bully the Arsenal defenders like that.

Well done lads. Nothing to fear from Arsenal in a couple of days.

After the first 15 mins we dominated, but it was a funny game in which the players and the crowd couldnt get going

Could have been an even higher score and I thought it was going to be one of those games

Phil nevilles deft chip over the keeper (which he meant) changed everything

Bloody missed the second goal, becasue like the bolton players I stopped looking and started texted my daughter. Bugger

Whatever was in the half time tea they needed to be drinking pre game. Felt sorry for the yak, in that he didnt get a goal because his passing running and vision in the 2nd half was great, thought we were guilty of overplaying it sometimes, (trying to be arsenal?) big problem in the first half was a massive lack of movement, *tommy instead of Ossie effect*

It wasnt a great match by any stretch but a very good win all the same.

I thought Bolton were hard to break down, we couldnt play any sort of fancy football in the first half which we have been able to in recent weeks. There a twat of a team Bolton, I lost count of the number of fouls in the first half!

I thought if we got one we would get a few to be honest, they where there for the taking, it was only Anelka who ever looked capable of doing anything. Neville's was forunate but desereved in all fairness, and i was made up it was that bellend in goal who made the mistake. (Great chant started by some fella a few rows back, 'Feed the Nev and he'll score' :lol:)

Mikky was class as ever I though, he gets better every game and doesnt mind mixing it up with players who's sole purpose is to just boot players (most of the Bolton team...)

Tommy was quiet, still doesnt look match fit IMO but he had me crying when he 'accidently' booted the lad Gardener 3 foot in the air. When Gardener was on the floor Graveson looked at us in the Gwladys and pulled one of his strange faces, nearly pissed meself :lol:

MOTM: The Jag - Anelka in his arse pocket the whole game, his block in the second half was superb, the new Stubbsy!

Great three points, BRING ON THE ARSE!

COYB

Edited by Ian