IGNORED

4th Place

jofanon

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at run ins is fine!.......BUT! Today we would have been dissapointed at not getting 3 points from Fulham!....0 points

Arsenal would have been dissapointed with less than 3 points against Borough!...1 point!

Most of us would have been happy with a point at Man City.....3 points!!

Is Middlesborough an easy game?...........Arsenals form has dipped! are they suddenly an eaiser game than we thought?

What about Aston Villa....if we beat the hammers and Villa lose!.....will they give up the chase and become an easy 3 points?

Will Everton raise their game against luckypool.....and come away with more than we got at that easy.....Fulham :huh: ...

TIP.......Don't put your life savings on an easy game!

Even if we dont finish 4th its an improvement from last season and we've got more points than last season i think that is a big step in our challenge to abolish the top 4 and make it the top 3. Ethier way am still proud of Everton and there sucses this season especially the uefa cup. I hope we get 4th but am not really bothered.

COYB!!!

From back to August the one (realistic) thing I wanted us to achieve this season was to qualify for the UEFA Cup again for the 08-09 season...to qualify for it in consecutive seasons would be a real sign of progress and consistency..helping us to attract decent players as Moyes continues his fantastic evolution of the club.

That aim remains for me and still believe we will get that as a minimum.

However, I have been astounded at how many supporters of other teams have said to me this week how the dream of 4th has gone. Maybe its my competitive nature refusing to accept their glib references but to me it remains game on for 4th.

Of course the pressure is now one and the injuries are a major worry, but if we beat the Hammers and Liverpool lose at OT, then game on for the 30th..

Come on Blues.

Believe.

Pressure from behind easing. Villa lost, Pompey lost, City drew....only Blackburn won but that leaves them seven points behind us before the Wham game.

Gonna be easier to concentrate on hanging on to Liverpool if we don't have to worry about being caught for fifth.

WIN 8. DRAW 3. LOSE 5. Might look easy but if we manage that, has a team who's lost 12 games ever finished in the top 4. :o

Looking back though this we've gone 5-3-1 since then, so we could lose four of the last seven (as long as we win the other three) and still hit the 66 point target. It won't be enough for fourth but would almost certainly get fifth.

^^

To be honest thats all i really care about, its so important that we secure 5th. Sure Champions League football would be good next year but if we don't make it then i'm not going to think to myself that we have let ourselves down or really feel any sort of dissapointment. If we miss out of 5th however we will really have let ourselves down and i'll be very pissed off. We need to keep this european momentum going.

Just looking at the odds to finish fifth (actally it's the "without 'big' four," which amounts to pretty much the same thing), we're anywhere between 2-7 and 1-9. Villa and Pompey best price is 12-1, Blackburn 20-1 and City pushing 30-1....so I figure...

If you're worried we might blow it have a tenner on each of them, and then at least if the worst comes to the worst you'll have a pocket full of cash to drown your sorrows :) . £90 at worst or £270 at best.

But realistically it's good to see that the bookies have faith that we're relatively safe from those below us.

I'm off down Ladbrooks!!! :P But your right Mike the bookies don't often get it wrong so I guess we are safe. Eitherway we will be playing in Europe as I think Pompey will now qualify for europe through FA cup and IF villa pass us we still have fair play and intertoto. I don't want or think we'll need this but its there as backup.

• 5 weeks later...

OK, nine points and fifteen goals behind now. If Liverpool lose their last two games by the odd goal then we need to have a plus fourteen over the next three.... I suggest..

5-0 tomorrow.

4-1 win at the Emirates.

6-0 against the bar codes.

Champions League here we come!

Could happen ;) .

OK, nine points and fifteen goals behind now. If Liverpool lose their last two games by the odd goal then we need to have a plus fourteen over the next three.... I suggest..

5-0 tomorrow.

4-1 win at the Emirates.

6-0 against the bar codes.

Champions League here we come!

Could happen ;) .

Could get some very good odds for that :lol:. Worth a £5 bet you think?

I think Moyes is a brilliant manager, he has brought Everton up from the dregs of the premier league to a position as "best of the rest".

However, I'm growing increasingly worried at how cautious he is with subs. He never brings them on on 60mins, he insists on waiting till 70, even 80 mins.

I realise that this avoids breaking our flow, however, in games such as the Aston Villa game where Osman did nothing, and Johnson did nothing, you would think he would show more daring in bringing on Arteta and Anichebe sooner. Anichebe had no time to affect the game. I feel Anichebe should have started A LOT MORE this season, both to help him develop and because he is so much better than Johnson(get rid off him)

What do you lot think? I'm quite worried.

p.s. We need a top quality Winger and a top quality striker in the summer, not some ify 3m/5m buys. I hope Moyes gets a healthy kitty and had the guts to use it

I think Moyes is a brilliant manager, he has brought Everton up from the dregs of the premier league to a position as "best of the rest".

However, I'm growing increasingly worried at how cautious he is with subs. He never brings them on on 60mins, he insists on waiting till 70, even 80 mins.

I realise that this avoids breaking our flow, however, in games such as the Aston Villa game where Osman did nothing, and Johnson did nothing, you would think he would show more daring in bringing on Arteta and Anichebe sooner. Anichebe had no time to affect the game. I feel Anichebe should have started A LOT MORE this season, both to help him develop and because he is so much better than Johnson(get rid off him)

p.s. We need a top quality Winger and a top quality striker in the summer, not some ify 3m/5m buys. I hope Moyes gets a healthy kitty and had the guts to use it

You're only just noticing this. He isn't called dithering dave for nothing....

i nealy wee at the thought of victor being better than johnson!

we do need a winger thou