IGNORED

Am I The Only One Who Thinks Its Mad To Consider Selling Lescott?

Adpom

i didnt say he would be back soon. but once hes back, we will 3-4 top quality CB's. & 1 maybe 2 good midfielders and the same up front. if we dont have money to buy without selling then lescott will have to go to fund improving our midfield.

Though it would make more sense to wait till january, ill admit that :)

Who wil be our 3/4 "top quality" CB's then.... bare in mind Ill tell you again that Richards & Dunne are shit... and Rodwell just has bags of potential at the moment & has never started a first team game @ CB So im counting 2

Rodwell will do a job for a few months. the only way to go from 'bags of potential,' to quality player is play games in the first time isn't it? As for richards being shit, no way hes a little naive, but a decent manager like moyes will improve him 10 fold.

Rodwell will do a job for a few months. the only way to go from 'bags of potential,' to quality player is play games in the first time isn't it? As for richards being shit, no way hes a little naive, but a decent manager like moyes will improve him 10 fold.

You dont throw some in in out of desperation.... with all sorts of pressure on them and tell them to get on with it........Rodwell will.. in the future be class but you carnt depend on him.... He is 17

Richards has been playing RB for city......... and hes been shit.... just check out their forums.... ffs you can see him fucking up every week on MOTD..... the guy is full of mistakes....

I understand the desire to keep Joleon and don't get me wrong, I share it. But stick pins in a Moyes doll if he sells a CB for 3 times figure he paid for him having had a couple of good seasons service for him? It is the newspapers that are pedalling silly money figures for players at this time of year - do we really think he is worth more than that? If he's worth £20m then what price for Vidic?

They paid more than £15million for De Jong who had a year left on his contract. If we sell for £15million then Moyes and the board are clueless.

true if we sold him without a transfer request wouldnt we have to pay up on his contract?????

If we did thats about 6.25m...... Id expect us to get alot more than 15m if thaty were the case

We'd have to pay him a loyalty bonus for every year remaining on his contract, not sure how much it'd be though.

realistically, i'd sell for £12m + Richards

I Agree, I wouldnt want to lose him, but this would be a sensible offer which could really help, Richards on his day imo is the best rightback in England, we would be fools to reject this, I think Yobo and Lescott are similar in terms of ability and yobo has just that more pace which is needed sometimes however he can make a mistake or 2. Sign that Russian centerhalf we were after and put the rest to Moutinho or Defour.

Edited by Blue4Ever

12 million wont get us the Russian Centrehalf, Moutinho or Defour. 12 million plus Richards isnt a deal i would be pushed on, i think in todays market Lescott is worth 25 mill especially if City are interested and we are not pushed to sell. I would looking for 17 mill plus Richards in this deal, that said i would prefer to keep Lescott.

They paid more than £15million for De Jong who had a year left on his contract. If we sell for £15million then Moyes and the board are clueless.

Yeah if they'd waited til this summer for de jong they could have got for something silly like £1.8m I seem to remember hearing - money is no object for citeh - we need to milk them for all we can get. £12m plus a £6-8m rated player is a fair deal off any other club but if it's citeh then you ask for £20m plus that player or £12m plus 2 players in that bracket. For me this kind of sum plus jo and richards plus they pay wolves off will be a fair deal - it's well over the top but so are man.citeh.

Hey folks. City fan here. Was just browsing the forum to see if you knew already or not. Seems not so I signed up.

According to an extremely reliable source, who has gotten all of City's signings right so far, including the rather obscure Taylor from Villa transfer, Lescott to City is a "100% done deal" as of about 1 hour ago.(he's also said the same about Eto'o). Don't know the price and don't know when it'll be announced (possibly along with Tevez when his loan spell at the Rags is over) but If you're a betting man you may want to put a tenner on today about Lescott - may dampen the blow of losing him abit to make some money on the back of it!

Edited by BornBlue

Guest efctaxi
Hey folks. City fan here. Was just browsing the forum to see if you knew already or not. Seems not so I signed up.

According to an extremely reliable source, who has gotten all of City's signings right so far, including the rather obscure Taylor from Villa transfer, Lescott to City is a "100% done deal" as of about 1 hour ago.(he's also said the same about Eto'o). Don't know the price and don't know when it'll be announced (possibly along with Tevez when his loan spell at the Rags is over) but If you're a betting man you may want to put a tenner on today about Lescott - may dampen the blow of losing him abit to make some money on the back of it!

Why don't you ask his brother Darker Shade of Blue ?

I believe he posts on your mooner forum . :)

£18M + Jo on loan is what I hear. Regardless of the Citeh source, its a case of when rather than if. My concerns are that DM wouldn't get all the money and we could be looking at a negative outlay in terms of transfer spending. I would be absolutely furious if some of that money was siphoned off elsewhere. We need to make at least 5 decent signings if Lescott leaves, not just a hastily-arranged collection of frees and loans either, and history shows thats a big ask for us.

Watchin SSN today on the Eto deal........I`m thinkin to myself "this is gettin ridiculous" Man City who are not even in the Europa League prepared to pay someone sickly money for someone else to join their band of mercenaries.

Now dont get me wrong I would love someone to come in from countries afar to flash their cash for our great club......but and this is a big BUT! this is not footie as everyone remembers it.....The 80`s were about teams built on budgets that was fairly equal across the board. Sky moved in and all kinds of shit happens.

Look at the forward line that could be available to City this season :Robinho,Bellamy,Santa Cruz and possibly Tevez and Eto.

Think everyone knows that Lescott will be gone.....and can you blame him doubling his wages.we would do exactly the same.

Man City are tryin to do a Chelsea,but Chelsea were already knockin on the door.

It would be nice to think that someone would be able to upset Sky and break into the their top "4" at the expense of the shite! But I still think its gonna be us before City even without Lescott and their trillions of loose cash :)

I'd like to see Lescott stay!

But if he goes, let's get top $ and hope he plays for city like he did for us during the first few games of last season, constantly caught out of position and looking lost.

Wouldn't it be a shame if City's mega stars don't gell too well next season!

Guest efctaxi

The main Mooner itk seems to think that the Eto'o and Lescott deal are now 100% done . <_<

He's not got one wrong yet .

I guess now we will have to wait and see how much for .

The main Mooner itk seems to think that the Eto'o and Lescott deal are now 100% done . <_<

He's not got one wrong yet .

I guess now we will have to wait and see how much for .

According to reports, eto will turn down city, making that guy WRONG