IGNORED

Rodwell; Is His Potential Overrated?

Memmaclub

Yep seen that pass lat night, get rid I thought he was meant to be a future great. Up for £6m, in fact first one in can get Pienaar for £6m too. That's £12m to spend on hhhhmmmm let's see...... John O'shea? Well we got them both for a combined cost of £2.5m so it's good business. OK just being arsey. Strange title to a thread IMO - he's 18 and looked the most mature early season, let him learn.

I want to see him make a few more mistakes, you don't become great without learning from mistakes. Personally I see him as a ball winning/playing centre mid, we can buy a centre half who can win ball, pass to Jack to build up play from the back.

Less we talk about him the better, just let him develop and hope we keep him, a two footed classy midfielder, English, aged 18, other clubs would go mad for him if we were looking to sell.

OK so first of all rodwell somtimes looks a decent prem midfielder.

But he is direct competition for felli and felli (on current form) is far better. I know it's a squad but if Man U come in at 20 mil in the summer why would we turn it down.

Against Sporting he looked like a duck out of water. I am not going to judge him one one performance but if he doesn't reach anywhere near his potential have we lost 20 mil on him.

I would sell I can't see him being a first team regular and felli is only a couple of years older.

So according to you we should get rid of Rodwell and (going by your post about Saha v Yak), Saha is shite. YOU ARE A MUPPET. I think youre just after a response. I will await your next stupid, nonsensical post. I'm sure its not too far away.

Your lack of footballing knowledge is of RS proportions. Are you a RS?. I have my suspicions.

Good goal today, almost Gerrard-esque the way he went past (the rubbish) Evans and slotted it home, just doesn't have quite that burst of pace that Gerrard has.

He obviously has class, he has quality but he now needs to get involved like Osman, Arteta and Pienaar do in that midfield. They are three small guys yet they get stuck in, they play quick passes into feet, they have great feet. I know Rodwell is 18, I know he has great potential but at the moment that is all it is, he is not yet good enough for our midfield, unless he picks up his game from what I have seen so far. How he develops will only be proven over time.

I don't want us to sell him, all I'm saying is at this moment, he could only be rated in the £20m bracket as he hardly plays for Everton never mind England. What we really need at this moment is a world class striker, we just played a poor United team off the park, we just outplayed Chelsea as well and we've dominated against Arsenal and Liverpool earlier in the season (although we lost 2-0) - we have a great team, especially once Jags is back, the only area we are a little weak is up front. Once we have a striker we can be top 4 regulars imo, which is why I said I could see the merits of selling Rodwell to fund this, even though I don't think we should.

oh and how ridiculous was it for Sky to give him man of the match, ffs he was only on the pitch 5 minutes, talk about hype. Bily's goal was miles better as well!

The reason Michael Johnson hasnt made any real progress yet is because he has constantly been injured for the last couple of seasons. He is a bit like JV in that respect, showing bags of potential but gets injured far too frequently and its bad injuries not just bumps and bruises.

Shame really as he did look very good and now that City have got the money men in it makes you wonder whether he will ever really play for them again.

Its also because he started drinkin and gambling, and went into a massive downer with debt and health issuses. Moyes may have seen it :P

I'd like to make a request of you Memma. Could you please have a go at Bily in a thread? Maybe he'll piss on your chips too.

oooo Markus you naughty boy.

But i do agree...i hope he starts pulling his fingers from out of his ass. Provide more magic like that one off yday.

However i really think he could do better in the middle behind Saha, playing free, keeping the ball at his feet (which he is good at) and also his slick passing through players could do some damage in the right position. We know he can finish and we also know he has no pace to beat a man running, so do the passing and let Saha run!!

oooo Markus you naughty boy.

But i do agree...i hope he starts pulling his fingers from out of his ass. Provide more magic like that one off yday.

However i really think he could do better in the middle behind Saha, playing free, keeping the ball at his feet (which he is good at) and also his slick passing through players could do some damage in the right position. We know he can finish and we also know he has no pace to beat a man running, so do the passing and let Saha run!!

Problem is we already have Cahill and Osman to play off one main striker, we bought Bily as a winger/wide midfield player. I agree about his lack of pace, but although he may not have set the world alight in his first season, his goal/assist return has been pretty good - pretty similar to Felli, in fact, and look how he's improved in his second season after we were all tearing our hair out about him last year.

I think Bily will be fine, he's got great touch and a peach of a left foot, once he's had a proper pre-season and is up to the job physically i think we've got a really good player. And you don't always have to be quick to play out wide, look at beckham.

its Billys first season! yes its frustrating but to see the best of someone you need to give them time and games. Were you all like this last year with Screech? How frustrating has he been!

Same for Rodwell. Moments of brilliance, moments of stupidity, moments of complete indifference. Give them a chance to get settled, have a little patience and look forward to the reward that will come!

Can Rodders play right back/wing back?

i hope not, he would be wasted there. Waiting for Coleman to come claim his stake on that position!

Edited by galacticaracnid