Louis

Game of Thrones

Thought it was very well done; none of the ridiculous signposting you get in most TV drama when you can see what's going to happen well in advance, must've been a surprise to those that didn't know it was coming.

Incidentally this was what I posted in "What are you reading?" when I read it last year....

Holy crap what a twist 100+ pages into A Storm of Swords 2 (second part of the third Game of Thrones book)ohmy.png .

(No spoilers and that's a deliberately vague page numbertongue.png )

I didn't realise that Rob's wife was Charlie Chaplain's granddaughter.

I can't believe they cast her as his wife. She's supposed to be beautiful (the whole reason he does the dishonourable thing), not look like a fucking horse.

And it's Robb! :major overreaction alert: :guns:

Although not for everybody, the Game of Thrones game is in the upcoming Humble Bundle that starts later today.

Also - I read they have recast actors for series 3. The bloke on the right is replacing the bloke on the left as Daario:

GOTIn.jpg

I'm glad that the incident from last night is out of the way. I'd read about it beforehand and it ruined the surprise for me.

With the popularity of the show it's become pretty difficult to read about it without coming across people who want to ruin it for others.

I'm glad that the incident from last night is out of the way. I'd read about it beforehand and it ruined the surprise for me.

With the popularity of the show it's become pretty difficult to read about it without coming across people who want to ruin it for others.

I'd been waiting for that episode ever since I read it.

I don't think having read the books already ruins things all that much - last season The Red Wedding was just as shocking for me.

been trying to work out how this could play out and think I've sussed it. How do i do the spoiler thing again?

{spoiler}revelation{/spoiler} but with the proper brackets.

Which cliffhanger are we talking?

{spoiler}revelation{/spoiler} but with the proper brackets.

Which cliffhanger are we talking?

cheers Mike. will put it all in the spoiler, just in case you didn't see the last episode. And for the record, I've not read any of the books so if I'm right, it's because I'm lucky/awesome....

Tyrions trial. It ended with him getting rather angry and having a go back, finishing with demanding a trial by combat. My thoughts are that he chooses Bronn again as his champion. His opponent? Jamie Lannister.

Think about it, Bronn was training Jamie a few episodes back, but the real catch 22 would be this. If Jamie wins, he condemns the brother he is trying to save. If Bronn wins, he's killed Tyrions brother and only person who really cares about him anymore. I think Jamie is going to be killed off. Why? Because Cersei will see the brother she hates kill the brother she loves and walk away from it, whilst Tyrion will be the last of the Lannister bloodline and therefore protected by Tywin. Not to mention the irony of Jamie being killed for the brother he was trying to save.

Even if this Doesn't happen, it's a good theory in my eyes!

cheers Mike. will put it all in the spoiler, just in case you didn't see the last episode. And for the record, I've not read any of the books so if I'm right, it's because I'm lucky/awesome....

Tyrions trial. It ended with him getting rather angry and having a go back, finishing with demanding a trial by combat. My thoughts are that he chooses Bronn again as his champion. His opponent? Jamie Lannister.

Think about it, Bronn was training Jamie a few episodes back, but the real catch 22 would be this. If Jamie wins, he condemns the brother he is trying to save. If Bronn wins, he's killed Tyrions brother and only person who really cares about him anymore. I think Jamie is going to be killed off. Why? Because Cersei will see the brother she hates kill the brother she loves and walk away from it, whilst Tyrion will be the last of the Lannister bloodline and therefore protected by Tywin. Not to mention the irony of Jamie being killed for the brother he was trying to save.

Even if this Doesn't happen, it's a good theory in my eyes!

I've read them and let's just say I'm laughing at your theory ;).

My stomach turned.

Effects are so clever now....enjoyed that. Consequences for The Mountain should be interesting to watch next week. No spoilers :P.

That's the only thing that made it bearable because I really liked The Red Viper.

Great character knew it was coming having read into it but he played a great role

Great character knew it was coming having read into it but he played a great role

Have you read the books, Paul? If not, I really do recommend them - as you would expect you get to see more into the characters and get a richer picture. We'll see a lot more of Dorn next season, it's being filmed in Spain I think so it should look good, and we'll learn more about the Martell's etc which will be really interesting.

The fella who played The Mountain really is that big too!

Have you read the books, Paul? If not, I really do recommend them - as you would expect you get to see more into the characters and get a richer picture. We'll see a lot more of Dorn next season, it's being filmed in Spain I think so it should look good, and we'll learn more about the Martell's etc which will be really interesting.

The fella who played The Mountain really is that big too!

I haven't mate I think I'll give them a read once it's all done and dusted, I read a fair bit online when season three finished and got to vague idea of how things go in this season so don't want to spoil things in the long run really.

Love the show great in every way really it's one of those you just want to run and run.

He's a big fella 6ft9 strongman wouldn't want him sat on you! I love the role his brother has taken a fair few characters I originally weren't to keen on have started to become favourites - the Hound and Jamie being the main two.

That fight scene was one of the best choreographed I have seen. Was amazing, the scenery the lot.

I'm a bit of a lazy watcher, I find the dialogue hard to follow at the time I watch it, i'm normally shattered with little ability to concentrate - but I get the general flow. I do think reading the book first would greatly help.

Really hope Tyrion doesn't get written out, he's my favourite character - but yeah the red viper was ace also. Really never expected that turn around - I spent the last hours of last night saying "why didn't you stand in front of him!, why get so sloppy after pretty much a flawless performance"

Effects are so clever now....enjoyed that. Consequences for The Mountain should be interesting to watch next week. No spoilers :P.

It wasn't the effects, it was the disappointment of him losing I think. I was rooting for him. :D

sigh... I think I gave these series more than enough chances to impress me, but really, it's the most overrated series. ever. Not the worst or anything, just overrated. Sensation based entertainment that needs sex and gore to sell. No thanks. The story isn't that good at all, and this comes from a nerd.

It doesn't need the spoiler tags, all the books aren't out so I have no idea how it ends.

You've confirmed what doesn't happen in the next episode though! :P