IGNORED

Beer

rubecula

What beer are you drinking?

OK maybe not right now but similar to what are you listening to/

I have been supping King Goblin from the Wychwood Brewery lately.

Just now at this very moment I am gently imbibing on a bottle of Worthington's White Shield.

Both of them have a good flavour, 9/10

Strength 9/10

Price 6/10

overall White Shield 4/5 : King Goblin 4.5/5

I had an 8 week spell off the ale last August and broke this on a lads golf weekend where I drank nothing but premium lager. Carlsberg export to be exact... normal Carlsberg is disgusting but export is nice but strong....

So a weekend on that followed by a Sunday evening session on San Miguel and it's fair to say I felt ruined. Took me 4 days to recover. In short, as much as premium lagers are nice and get you merry they leave you feeling dreadful.

So... I changed from premiums to normal percentage lager and real ale. Carling to quench thirst and a local ale called trappers hat.. very very nice indeed, from the brimstone brewery which is a place 3 miles from me.

Well worth a try.

Btw, tried hobgoblin. That stuff is like Stella, it changes your personality!

I had an 8 week spell off the ale last August and broke this on a lads golf weekend where I drank nothing but premium lager. Carlsberg export to be exact... normal Carlsberg is disgusting but export is nice but strong....

So a weekend on that followed by a Sunday evening session on San Miguel and it's fair to say I felt ruined. Took me 4 days to recover. In short, as much as premium lagers are nice and get you merry they leave you feeling dreadful.

So... I changed from premiums to normal percentage lager and real ale. Carling to quench thirst and a local ale called trappers hat.. very very nice indeed, from the brimstone brewery which is a place 3 miles from me.

Well worth a try.

Btw, tried hobgoblin. That stuff is like Stella, it changes your personality!

Never found that true of Hobgoblin, it's lovely stuff, as is King Goblin. Only thing that changes me is rum.

I can't drink lager anymore, which is funny because I never could drink ales beforehand and now I love experimenting with different ales and wine.

Miller Lite begs the question ..... WHY? :rofl:

Cause I'm skint rubes. Went looking at the store and 6 tall boys for 7 dollars or I could get 6 regular beers for 9. same percent alcohol but I got more quantity with Miller lite. I'm a cheap date :)

Haf you think Stella is strong? Maybe they goose it up over there but that's some weak shit here in the states. Due yourself a favor and grab an IPA at 9.0% alcohol. 3 of those and you're a monkeys uncle

Edited by markjazzbassist

Cause I'm skint rubes. Went looking at the store and 6 tall boys for 7 dollars or I could get 6 regular beers for 9. same percent alcohol but I got more quantity with Miller lite. I'm a cheap date :)

Haf you think Stella is strong? Maybe they goose it up over there but that's some weak shit here in the states. Due yourself a favor and grab an IPA at 9.0% alcohol. 3 of those and you're a monkeys uncle

You could just piss into a bucket of ice and siphon it off...

Stella is 4.8% here.

I've been drinking San Miguel recently as it's been really reduced in price for some reason in a lot of places, £1.25 for a 660ml bottle.

Rare visit to the two pubs I use I'll drink 1664 in one and Grolsch in the other. Both are much better draught than in can/bottle I think.

Can't stand "real" ale, have never liked it.

Not really a fan of lager beers but a good one to try imo is Warsteiner. (We used to call it Wobbly)

Once upon a time my cousin and I used to have what we termed the Friday night treatment.

Rubes Friday Night Treatment

Ten large Aussie whites in a local Yate's followed by as many Snakebites made with Elephant beer and K as we could manage. Sometimes I miss those days.

Not really a fan of lager beers but a good one to try imo is Warsteiner. (We used to call it Wobbly)

Once upon a time my cousin and I used to have what we termed the Friday night treatment.

Rubes Friday Night Treatment

Ten large Aussie whites in a local Yate's followed by as many Snakebites made with Elephant beer and K as we could manage. Sometimes I miss those days.

Ah warsteiner.... I too have a story about that.

2000 and in Malia (at the time where it was only just taking off) me and my best mate on a lads holiday. Aged 24 it's fair to say I was a pig in shit, spent 10pm till 6am on the lash, chasing girls and generally having an ace time. The problem was the ale in the night clubs etc was garbage, we could drink far too much and it just didn't work as it should!

So... one day 3pm about an hour after getting out of bed we decided to go to a nice quiet bar over the road that no one drank in. A bit of a Bavarian feel to it and it had a ceramic beer pump and nice big beer glasses. "Two of those please mate".... wow. Proper lager. An hour and 4 pints later we were more pissed off those beers than we had been drinking shite for 7-8 hours straight...

Good ale after 3pm in the sun with some tunes is one of the best chill outs you can have. Warsteiner is still something I look at fondly but yeah, it's strong.

Edited by Hafnia

Ah warsteiner.... I too have a story about that.

Good ale after 3pm in the sun with some tunes is one of the best chill outs you can have. Warsteiner is still something I look at fondly but yeah, it's strong.

Good story Haf. My first night in Germany I had Warsteiner... Lord above I was so drunk I needed people to hold me up while I was sitting down. Still love the taste though. Last time I had it on draught was in 2008 near Blackpool. Just as I remembered it (smacks lips)

Good story Haf. My first night in Germany I had Warsteiner... Lord above I was so drunk I needed people to hold me up while I was sitting down. Still love the taste though. Last time I had it on draught was in 2008 near Blackpool. Just as I remembered it (smacks lips)

It's a real "lager", deffo one that would cause wardrobes to be used as toilets.

when i was in london i drank a lot of london pride, good stuff. also drank that stuff you call "scrumpy". supposed to be like drinking rubbing alcohol but it didn't mess me up.

You can't get proper scrumpy in London, well you could when I lived there because I used to do the "scrumpy run" to this place and sell on to order to my mates (just covering costs, not for profit).

http://wilkinscider.com/

Used to drive back up with forty/fifty gallons of the stuff.....and trust me it would've messed you up!

When my parents "semi-retired" to run a village store in Somerset I did a deal with the guy to supply them, so whenever I visited had it free on tap. Dangerous stuff, goes down like water but has a kick like a mule which just sneaks up on you.

You can't get proper scrumpy in London, well you could when I lived there because I used to do the "scrumpy run" to this place and sell on to order to my mates (just covering costs, not for profit).

http://wilkinscider.com/

Used to drive back up with forty/fifty gallons of the stuff.....and trust me it would've messed you up!

When my parents "semi-retired" to run a village store in Somerset I did a deal with the guy to supply them, so whenever I visited had it free on tap. Dangerous stuff, goes down like water but has a kick like a mule which just sneaks up on you.

yep that's the stuff mike! the local guys at the clubs we played kept telling us about it and we had read about it before heading over. we were all very excited to have a night getting hammered on scrumpy but alas it wasn't the real deal i guess. the London Pride was nice though i do remember that :)

yeah we had heard those kinda stories about it too. like the real stuff if you drank enough you'd go blind cause it was so high alcohol and fermented. basically english moonshine i guess?

They have a good selection of bottled real ales in asda but not as nice as a pint got a micro keg of sleck dust from a brewery near me at Christmas for £15 absolutely spot on it was just like a pint from a pub you get about 8pints out of them.

What did you drink the next day :D?

when i was in

when i was in london i drank a lot of london pride, good stuff. also drank that stuff you call "scrumpy". supposed to be like drinking rubbing alcohol but it didn't mess me up.

That is not real Scrumpy Mark, to get the real stuff you have to go to the west country area. It has dead things floating in it (At least things that do not wriggle much anyway) :D