IGNORED

Your First Everton Game

Randomness

thanks to everton's new comprehensive stats section we can now do this

My First Everton Game :)

Thats the game :lol:

Do you remember mid way through the second half when they did the 'commence Goodison excercise' announcement an 2 leeds fans jumped up and started doing star jumps?

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Do you remember mid way through the second half when they did the 'commence Goodison excercise' announcement an 2 leeds fans jumped up and started doing star jumps?

HaHa, i was sat next to two Irish Fella's at the Birmingham Game and they were off their head. and they did exactly the same.

Sooo Funny

Ok I'm well and truly lost now :( my whole match going history is in doubt, was I even there at all, have I ever been the match, am I even an Evertonian or as all my school stories ended "then I woke up and it was all a dream"??

I was sure it was Southampton at home around the end of September, won 3-0, TC with a hat trick, the last of wich was scored very late on as I didnt see it cos the uncle likes to miss the traffic :rolleyes:

I wonder what game it actually was??

You think you've got problems....my first top flight match was Chelsea v L*v*r*o*l in about 1969, finished 2-1 to the dark side and my brother wore his (Guildford City) red and white scarf :o .

Can't remember my first Everton game (I'm ashamed to say) but I've got a feeling it was at QPR.

Liam ... "I wonder what game it actually was"??

Probably the one Mike mentioned ... Aug 27 1988 Newcastle 4-0. Cottee 3 and Sharp the scorers. TCs League début.

TC scored lots of doubles but i think the only other Hatrick he got while he was here was in a Zenith Data Systems Cup match against Sunderland, when he scored all 4 in a 4-1 win. :) You just missed out on the Glory of the Earlier 80s :D

A few people have said to me about the toon game Bill but I know for sure it was Southampton I must have been mistaken about the hat trick!

Being under 10 at my first game I got well pissed off with trying to see over / around / through peoples heads and stood at the bottom of the isle, upper bullens, 18 yard line, street end. Whilst eating my half time sausage roll I only dropped it right on a coppers head below :lol: all my uncles mates still laugh about it although these days its more along the lines of "remeber the days you threw sausage rolles at bizzies by accident" ;)

Cant remember my first game, ( cant even remember what i had for dinner last week ) :huh: but i didnt start as young as you.

Started watching them regularly the season after 1953 after we lost 4-3 in the Semi final of the FA Cup to Bolton, who in turn lost by the same score to Blackpool in the "Stanley Mathews" Final, so i would have been about 14.

Which brings me onto another Question about how many players i have seen playing for us, who came back to manage the Club. ....

Harry Catterick, (Had seen him once or twice before he left in 52) Billy Bingham, Howard Kendall, Colin Harvey, Joe Royle Might be one more maybe, but my memory's gone. :D

PS ..... think Jimmy Gabriel took over for a time in between Managers, as did Dave Watson for a short time, I think.

OK. This was my first game

http://www.evertonfc.com/stats/?mode=fixtu...fixture_id=3394

What a team!! (Best ever team to win bugger all).

My Dad took me and we were sat in the main stand. It was bloody cold too. I still remember on the day he came into my room and asked the most stupid question ever "Do you want to go the match". I was so excited, seemed like forever waiting to leave the house. And the first sight of the pitch was magic.

Sadly though I dont remember the goals. What stands out about that game was 1) Dave Thomas belting down the wing (or was it Trevor Ross?).

& 2) Pat Jennings making one of his famous one handed saves.

47,000 crowd. Quite impressive that.

http://www.evertonfc.com/stats/?mode=fixtu...fixture_id=3977

My 6th birthday pressie off my grandad (along with the silver and white vertical striped shirt - still one of the best!)

If you need a re-cap on the kits here's a little re-cap (awesome site!!!) - scroll down to everton for bigger image...

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...w=124&prev=

Edited by c1982

http://www.evertonfc.com/stats/?mode=fixtu...fixture_id=4376

Everton 0-0 Feyenoord

Not exactly memorable!!!

I remember going to Dave Watsons testimonial aswell, but cant remember if that was before or after the Feyenoord game.

It was against Rangers and I think we won 3-2 or something like that...(It was probably 0-0).

I only really remember it coz the Royal Oak got smashed up by their fans!

cant say i do i was only 7 and in the glawdy's Street end so i couldn't see that far

, i do remember asking my dad what it was and some fella turned around and said "The Bizzies what they do is hit you and make sure your blood is blue otherwise you get thrown out" :o :o :o

cant say i do i was only 7 and in the glawdy's Street end so i couldn't see that far

, i do remember asking my dad what it was and some fella turned around and said "The Bizzies what they do is hit you and make sure your blood is blue otherwise you get thrown out" :o :o :o

Great shout :lol:

I too was sat in the Gwladys aged 15 and in my first season ticket seat KK99, I'm not sure if the Gwladys was still unreserved seating then but it defo changed from a free for all to reserved seats midway through that season.