IGNORED

Toivonen

• 2 weeks later...

Never really heard of him is he any good?

He is an excellent player. Been linked to both Everton and Liverpool in swedsih newspapers. Denied leaving PSV in todays newspaper. He wants to win there first.

Scores a lot of goals. Can play as a winger to.

Swedish number two after Ibrahimovic in the national team. Ranked higher than Elmander in other words, and he is scoring a shitload for Bolton at the mo.

Would be pricey however, would prefer to get Elmander on a bosman ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is no more than a rumour, but if it's true it'd be a perfect buy for the future. He could replace tiny Tim for the asia games and would be a good long term solution. Toivonen is strong and technical and thrives as a pulled back forward. Don't really see him as a goal-getter since he's more for link-up play but he has scored a bunch of goals and is probably the biggest reason behind Marcus Berg's u21 success.

Sadly I feel like the Kenny Miller link from the same page is more in line with our shoe string budget..

• 2 years later...

Everton interested in Toivonen, I just mentioned him in the '2013 Summer Transfers' topic. According to Voetbal International Everton and West Brom are interested in Swedish striker Ola Toivonen (he's somewhat of a mixture between a 9 and a 10 really). He doesn't want to re-sign with PSV and because he's only got 1 year left on his current deal, he'll have to train and play with their U21 team. PSV supposedly want about £3,5m.

(source: http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=189208)

Everton interested in Toivonen, I just mentioned him in the '2013 Summer Transfers' topic. According to Voetbal International Everton and West Brom are interested in Swedish striker Ola Toivonen (he's somewhat of a mixture between a 9 and a 10 really). He doesn't want to re-sign with PSV and because he's only got 1 year left on his current deal, he'll have to train and play with their U21 team. PSV supposedly want about £3,5m.

(source: http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=189208)

Is that an official ruling regarding contract length?

He is a steal at 3.5 mil! PSV captain, gets a few goals, regular swedish caps. Competes with Ibra in the national squad. Prefers an attacking mid role over a striker role. Would do some damage against other prem teams.

I have admired this guy for a long time. Deserves a long run in a better league. Hopefully at Everton. Then again why would Everton be interested, isnt it up to the new manager to find players?

He is cheap because he refuses to sign a new deal. Liverpool offered over 10 mil for this guy a couple of years ago. Worth signing just to raise his value. On a longer contract his pricetag would be around 10-12 mil.

The "has to train and play with U21"-part? That's just a new policy PSV are implementing. Re-sign or fuck off basically.

The irony of it is that Cocu made this new rule to prevent their best players leaving on a bosman, but Cocu left PSV on a bosman if i remember correctly. Edited by Peter H

Toivonen has been interviewed by swedish media about the interest from PL clubs. (he is currently in sweden with the national team)

1) he really wants to leave PSV

2) he is very happy that they have lowered his price tag from 10 mil to 3.5 mil

3) he has not heard anything from Everton or WBA

4) news paper have sources who claims that both PL clubs will contact PSV this week regarding buying the player

5) Toivonen wants to play in the prem.

Edited by Peter H

Norwich seem to be going all out for goals next season. Van Wolfswinkel and now him.

They definitely need freshening up to avoid being dragged into a relegation battle next year, but can they afford these good players' wages & transfer fees? I remember they had the 2nd lowest wage bill the first year they came up, and they don't seem like a club that could naturally afford to increase their wages by a lot and dish out these fees, I imagine it's due to the new TV money?

They definitely need freshening up to avoid being dragged into a relegation battle next year, but can they afford these good players' wages & transfer fees? I remember they had the 2nd lowest wage bill the first year they came up, and they don't seem like a club that could naturally afford to increase their wages by a lot and dish out these fees, I imagine it's due to the new TV money?

That's the most likely reason. Staying in the PL is paramount for clubs with all this TV money so they'll be speculating to accumulate to keep them in the PL without it hurting them financially.

Smart if it comes off and even if they went down they'd still get good fees for Van Wolfwinkel and this bloke.

Ola Toivonen played for Sweden tonight, missed a couple of sitters, no good on the ball either. Same last friday, looks like he is very low on confidence. When he gets it back he will be a really good signing but if he is going to play like this then I say Norwich are welcome to him.

Nothing stopping Norwich sending representatives out there. After all, City just signed Navas while he was away with Spain.

Sure but the Swedish press was quoting the dutch press and when they spoke to him he "knew nothing" about the accepted deal. So i'm fairly sure that Norwich has not spoken to him yet.

(the Swedish team was under lock down after they lost against Austria to, i'm sure the manager wouldn't let anyone meet Ola at the time)