IGNORED

DKs random facts

I was going to put all this in a seperate thread some time back but never got round to it, since Matthew has gone to the trouble of starting this off I see no reason why not to continue.

Incidentally, why not, in the 'all talk index', or miscellaneous section ?, as I thought 'anything goes' over there, but we'll let it lie.

Today, 25 September -

Olivier Dacourt has a birthday, 37 years old, short lived midfield unit of the late 1990s before a transfer to Leeds United. Was initially excited at time of signing, but not a player that will live long in the memory.

Cliff Britton, first game as manager today in 1948. Last Toffee's manager to suffer a team relegation in the 1950s, (although Michael Walker and Howard Kendall came damn near to being the most recent)

From what I can remember left here about 1999/2000 and scored against us in a 2-2 score at Goodison Park in early 2001, therefore I assumed automatically he never went overseas or to another club in that time.

Wikipedia says in fact he played a handful of games in France in between, I had a look. I was unaware of this.

But still a disappointing purchase after some initial hype on arrival, John Collins was another name around the time of acquisition that never quite worked out amid some transfer frenzy.

I have no idea what people are talking about.

In any event, technical difficulties aside, today (26 September) Ken Sansom, needless purchase by Kendall in 1992, and featured about six times in all competitions, 54 Years Old Today. Was he even here?

Today in 1992 - a 2-0 reverse to Leeds United at Elland Road stadium

Today in 2004 - a 1-0 success at Portsmouth, new signing Cahill with only strike

Today in 1978 - a 5-0 home win over Finn Harps, UEFA cup, Round One, second fixture

Andrew Van Der Meyde - 33 years old today.

Was promised to be the best player at Euro 2004 by some media sources but that turned out as well as some saying 'Everton have a good signing on their hands' when first purchased.

Today in 1986 - a 4 -1 home setback to Liverpool in some now long forgotten charity cup event I can't even remember ?

Today in 2000 - a 3 - 0 home defeat to Ipswich Town (Marcus Stewart Day, they had a very good side)

Today in 1989 - a 2 -1 reverse at Crystal Palace (fine side that would go on to the FA cup Final)

Today in 1955 - James Dean died in an automobile accident in California

Today John Ebbrell has a Birthday, hard working, efficient and no thrills midfield player of the 1980s/90s - 43 Years Old

Bert Freeman also has a Birthday, star player of years past, center forward extreme, would have been 127 years old today

Today in 1997 - a 5 - 0 home success over Scunthorpe, early days for Kendalls third time as manager, but an embarrassment at Coventry City would be but a few days away

Today in 1995 - a 3 - 1 home loss to Newcastle United and the all star team that Keegan was building

Today in 1977 - a 1 - 1 home score with Manchester City, they finished runners up in the league that year

Today in 1975 - a 0 - 1 loss at AC Milan sees the end of our UEFA cup challenge

Three minutes to a new day so leaving this damn late..

Today (just about) - October 2nd

Michael Ball (not the singer) - has a Birthday today - 33 years old . Fine player of the Walter Smith/ late 1990s era

Today in 1984 - lowest ever attendance at Goodison Park for a Euro game, as only 16,000 see us beat Dublin University College to progress in the European Cup Winners Cup that we would go on to win

New Day!

Today (October 3rd ?!)

Sees us have a record win at Anfield 5 - 0. - In 1914..

Michael Ferguson has a Birthday today - short lived center forward of the 1980s - 58 Years Old.

more facts and figures coming up soon..

Damn it, I'm not waiting any longer

October 4th will be -

No former Everton player has a Birthday today

Today in 1995 - we played Millwall at Goodison Park in the League Cup and went 2 - 0 ahead,. only to lose 2 - 4 by end of game, it was some comeback by the South London side, they also beat Arsenal and Chelsea away that year in the FA cup too if I remember, they had quite a good side. It was yet another cup embarrassment against lower league opposition. I remember (just about) getting inebriated on cheap liquor near a rail station and waking up in a field in Dorset. Must have been quite a fucking night. Tried to upload some footage of the games in question but it wouldn't work, will try again tomorrow - maybe

http://www.evertonfc...n-this-day.html

Everton beat Charlton Athletic 7-1 ON THIS DAY in 1930.

Ted Critchley, Dixie Dean and Jimmy Dunn all scored twice with Tom Griffiths grabbing the other.

The Second Division match was part of an unbeaten run which saw Dixie Dean score nine in as many matches.

Everton finished the season as Second Division champions.

Everton were beaten at home for the only time in the whole season ON THIS DAY in 1986.

A first half goal from Steve Williams settled the match which was part of a three game losing streak.

That didn't matter eventually as Everton went on to be crowned League Champions for the ninth time at the end of the season.

Kevin Mirallas - 25 Years Old today (October 5th)

no other significant birthdays today

Today in 1994 - we play Portsmouth in the League Cup, a 1 - 1 score at Fratton Park, but we were eliminated by losing the first game 2 - 3 at Goodison Park. Walker would not have much time left as manager.

Today in 1991 - a 3 - 1 home win over Tottenham and Cottee scores all three goals

Today in 1985 - a 2 - 0 home victory over Oxford, as we continue our championship defense

Today in 1982 - only 8,000 arrive at Goodison to see us beat Newport County in the League Cup tournament

Feel I'm wasting my time with this now but in any event,

Today in 2002 - a 3 - 0 loss at Manchester United for a Monday night game

Today in 1992 - we beat Rotherham United 3 - 0 at home in the League Cup tournament. The 'Chuckle Brothers' were in attendance apparently ?

Today in 1990 - a 3 - 1 loss at Nottingham Forest in the old First Division, Neil McDonald was the scorer

Today in 1986 - a 5 - 1 win at Newport County in the League Cup

Today in 1980 - a 3 - 1 away score at Brighton and Hove Albion, Gordon Lee's last season as manager.

No significant birthdays today October 8th

but worth a mention that today in 1927 William Dean scored all five goals in a win over Manchester United

other dates on this day we played

1994 - a 2 - 0 loss at Southampton. Walker was still manager at the time I remember, but it wouldn't last long..

1991 - a 2 -1 win at Watford in the League Cup. David James was goalkeeper at the time.

1985 - a win at Bournemouth in the League (Milk) Cup. Oxford would go on to be winners of all things.

1977 - a win by 4 to 1 at Queens Park Rangers who had a very good side incidentally. Latchford got four goals that day

being quick, today - October 9th

Kendall has a Birthday, that's Jack Kendall, a short lived goalkeeper of the 1920s, would have been 112 years old today

significant dates this day in history

Today in 1990 - a 6 - 0 home win over Wrexham in the League Cup

Today in 1982 - a 2 - 1 home win over Manchester City, 1st division

Today in 1979 - a 4 - 1 win over Aston Villa in the League Cup

not much of a day for past excitements..

Mark Ward, short lived midfield player of the early 1990s with a most memorable game against Arsenal in 1991 and even a Merseyside derby game in September 1993, - 50 Years Old Today

no other significant birthdays

Today in 1987 - a 4 - 1 home win over Chelsea and Sharp and Heath get two goals each. The London side would be relegated at the end of season and drop into the second division. That's how recent it was when they were a poor side, more recent that even that in actual fact.

Today in 1984 - a 4 - 0 win over Sheffield United at Goodison Park in the League Cup tournament

Today in 1981 - a 1 - 1 score at West Ham in the 1st division, I think we would play again in the FA cup later that season, but can't quite remember

Today in 1953 - a 4 - 0 loss at Plymouth Argyle in the second division

Today in 1925 - a 3 - 7 loss at Sunderland in the league

1977 - a win by 4 to 1 at Queens Park Rangers who had a very good side incidentally. Latchford got four goals that day

5-1, I think. We beat them 4-0 on the opening day of the previous season, too. 'Everton run rings round runners-up' was the headline on the back of the Express. Bob got a brace then, too.

5-1, I think. We beat them 4-0 on the opening day of the previous season, too. 'Everton run rings round runners-up' was the headline on the back of the Express. Bob got a brace then, too.

That was a couple of years before I moved to London....in the eighties/nineties I used to go to Loftus Road regularly and I never saw us win theresad.png . One year we were 3-0 down by half-time,,,and it stayed that way 'til the end (Edit...was 85/86, just looked it up, team was Southall, Stevens, Ratcliffe, Mountfield, Van Den Hauwe, Reid, Steven, Lineker, Sharp, Bracewell, Heath; an away banker if ever there was one).

Quite a day for a statistic as on this day - October 11th

Today in 1958 - We let in Ten Goals at Tottenham Hotspurs in a 4 - 10 defeat, the most goals ever conceded in any game for us, but not the heaviest defeat incidentally. I thought we may have been heading for a similar outcome on New Years Day there a few years ago on our European Cup season.

Seamus Coleman has a Birthday today - 24 Years of age

Other dates today -

Today in 1986 - a 2 - 3 defeat at Charlton Athletic, but we would go on to be League Champions

Today in 1980 - a 0 - 1 loss at Leeds United in the First Division

Today in 1975 - a 0 - 5 loss at Queens Park Rangers. They would go on to finish second place in the old 1st Division in 1976.

Today in 1969 - a 3 - 1 win with Sunderland at home on our way to the League Title once again

more facts and figures another time

may as well keep this rolling

Jimmy Husband - 65 Years Old today. Almost won us the game in the '68 FA cup Final some will remember but missed a chance

Alex Nyarko - 39 Years Old today

Today in 1887 - It was considered the clubs first ever competitive fixture - a 0 - 1 defeat at Bolton Wanderers in the FA cup tournament

Today in 1898 - a 5 - 5 score draw at Derby County. One of only two times it ever occured

Today in 1997 - a 1 - 4 defeat at Coventry City in the League Cup rounds. Awful fucking night, it rained where we were all night, and the team put in a very poor performance

Today in 1994 - a 0 - 2 loss at home to the above opposition. We wouldn't win a game all season until November

Today in 1983 - a 0 - 1 home defeat to Luton Town. Only 14,000 were in attendance that day