IGNORED

Least Favourite Sport

American sports annoy me no end and golf just doesnt interest me.

How wonderfully provincial of you. ;) Of course, most of my fellow Americans would rather shove hot pokers under their fingernails than watch cricket, rugby, or polo (or soccer, to be perfectly honest), and I've been witness to more arguments than I care to remember between NASCAR fans and F1 fans who can't understand why anyone would ever be interested in watching the *other* kind of racing, so I suppose it cuts both ways.

Personally, I think fishing is the most boring sport on the planet, and I can't believe that they actually televise fishing tournaments nowadays. Only time I'd ever turn one of those on is if I was on a bad insomnia kick and getting desperate for something to put me to sleep.

Runners-up in the "never did much for me" category: boxing, figure skating, and platform diving

How wonderfully provincial of you. ;) Of course, most of my fellow Americans would rather shove hot pokers under their fingernails than watch cricket, rugby, or polo (or soccer, to be perfectly honest), and I've been witness to more arguments than I care to remember between NASCAR fans and F1 fans who can't understand why anyone would ever be interested in watching the *other* kind of racing, so I suppose it cuts both ways.

Personally, I think fishing is the most boring sport on the planet, and I can't believe that they actually televise fishing tournaments nowadays. Only time I'd ever turn one of those on is if I was on a bad insomnia kick and getting desperate for something to put me to sleep.

Runners-up in the "never did much for me" category: boxing, figure skating, and platform diving

It gets responses that way :D:P:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tennis, why oh why the BBC use my Lisence fee money to continue showing Wimbledon every summer really does baffle me, its a load of old shite, a bit like our hopefuls.

American sports i just find dull and uninspiring, i could see why the NFL may get a following but its not for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
darts: not a sport. summit you do in the pub. plus commentators get on my tits

golf: again not a sport and just boring to watch and play

American Football: seriously its so stop and start its annoying. plus its a rip off of rugby but it includes more kevlar

Man, you just took the words outta' my mouth. Exact same reasons, Darts players and commentators need to seriously lighten up, they throw darts at a board in a dark room. I mean even when Phil Taylor plays it's still at a venue that's done up to look like a pub. It's not a sport, it's a nice little activity to occupy drunks that happen to be in the pub at 1:00 in the morning.

polo, curling, any olympics game except boxing.

american football.

how on earth can you hate basketball? its well good imo.

Basketball is awesome. I'm going to try and start following it this season. Los Angeles Lakers are my favourite team, I watched Russia and Lithuania in action at the Beijing Olympics and it was a great game!

Does anyone know how to get NBA coverage in the United Kingdom?

Thanks in advance ;)

Curling.

i mean, wtf? sliding stones across the ice??

:rolleyes:

Amongst the other sports I hate, Tennis, no skill just two men hitting a ball back and forth to each other. Sailing, it's a guy in some wet water freezing his nuts off trying to move a sail towards the wind in order to get his boat to the finish line in order to get onto dry land and have a warm cup of tea. Totally poinless, nearly as pointless as fishing which is now considered a sport.

-Fishing

-Tennis

-Sailing

-Curling :rolleyes:

-American Football (It's rugby for puffs)

-Darts

-Golf (Yeah, just use your hand its easier)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't stand synchronised swimming, ice dance, figure skating. Lukewarm on cricket, anything to do with horses and baseball.

Other than that I can put up with most sports, used to dislike ice hockey too. It doesn't come across very well on the box, but a friend of mine persuaded me to go to a match a few years back and I loved it!