IGNORED

Derby County. (home)

Bill

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way things are going at the mo I'm relieved we don't have a match against PSV tomorrow :) .

Or would we still be flying if we'd beaten Fiorentina? Who knows.

Anyway, if ever there was a "must win" this is it.

None of our last five games can be classed as easy, even Newcastle seem to have found some form at just the wrong time for us. Brum away will be tough and there's Villa, Arsenal and Chelsea to face with a small and seemingly knackered squad.

We have to beat Derby.

Can Derby beat us?....I'm afraid the answer to that is yes!

Not only have we got a small squad, with injuries to key players, but we are having to contend with the mind set that!.We went out of europe, lost in a semi-final(Chelsea), have probably lost out on 4th place......there's a lot of failure in that little lot!!

Moyes has got to get the team to now focus on that 5th place......a place we would have snatched at at the start of he season, that would be a huge achievment with our squad.

Don't dwell on the past!....look to getting that 5th place....look to beating Derby!

Neville, Lescott and Yakubu were abused last week, would be nice if a huge crowd showed them a massive amount of support!

Sure we played crap last week.....but we still only conceded 1 goal as we have in the previous games where we were very poor ie Fulham and West Ham, our defence is hard to score against, Derby will struggle to score against us.......we will surely score a couple.

Get the pride back......the Yak to score a couple.

My only fear is that Derby have nothing to play for now so theres no pressure on them and how many times have we seen at team that are getting relegated pull of a shock result. Hope it doesn't happen at Goodison on Sunday.

They have not had nothing to play for for a while tbh have they! But i spose they are chasing sunderland with that lowest points total record.

I'll be 1 of 20 at this game courtesy of Joleon Lescott. R kid's stag doo...

- on the piss friday

- Grand National saturday

- Everton 5 - 0 Derby sunday

Joleon sorted us 20 tickets out through links we've got at Wolves - still charged us though - I'm sure there'll be a signed shirt somewhere along the line though!!!

another reason for why it is so important to take all 3 points as it will pull us right away from pompeyas they are in FA semi's at the weekend and allthough it will just be a game in hand for them its more psychological and lets not foget they have no guarente that they will win there game in hand.

1-0 yak in the 10th minute or something, and then we make a shite team look good 2nd half................................... So Last Season's Team Then. And the end Carsley/neville get praise, and its more important to get the win.

Now i'm going to go a bit out of line here, we havent performed in the last 3 games or got results. I EXPECT BOTH A PERFORMACE AND A RESULT!

My only fear is that Derby have nothing to play for now so theres no pressure on them and how many times have we seen at team that are getting relegated pull of a shock result. Hope it doesn't happen at Goodison on Sunday.

Yeah, that´s a true thing, but it will not happen on Sunday, that game is too important for us!

We will win 2-0 and still look forward to our Europe Tour again!

^^^ DONT YOU READ THE POSTS ^^^ read the post above yours, Hibberts injured. :rolleyes:

Blues manager David Moyes told evertonfc.com: "Things are looking a wee bit better. Andy Johnson did some training today, Victor did some training today.

"Steven took a knock in the derby so he hasn't trained and Tony Hibbert has a sore hip".

....like against Oldham :unsure: .

Yeah... I remember how we hyped it up before Oldham... but Derby this season has been woeful. If there's ever a team where we should be odds on winning against, they would have to be it. I hope that DM hammers it into the lads NOT to be complacent. We want a drubbing this match like we did against Sunderland. 5-0 time for us to kick it up a gear!