IGNORED

Birmingham (away)

Josh Berno

"But Zarate struck a curling equaliser after a handball by Lee Carsley."

FFS! What is it with lee Carsley and giving away free kicks that are in shooting range

That's the sign of a brilliant DEFENSIVE midfielder isn't it? Wait ... his job is quite the opposite to giving away free kicks in shooting range isn't it? :rolleyes:

You don't wanna be criticising the wonderous Carsley around here mate, he's an unsung hero remember ...

Edited by Romey 1878

with second rate shit heads like nevile and hibbert in your team what else do you expect?

now we have chelsea on thursday and villa on sunday

europian football is once again sliping from our grasp.

our season died the second cahill got injured, he is the spark.

Not only Cahill but Osman and Arteta as well, We can usually cover for one by going 4-4-2 but not with two or three missing from midfield, and on top of that Davey brings in Hibbert and drops Yobo, :o wtf is all that about.

All moyes had to do was play yobo, move them across so Lescott is fullback and Baines can play in a wide left midfield role, Neville and Carsley are never going to create anything for the Attack.

Thats another rag tag and bobtail team we've had to scrape together, Its going to take a miracle for us to finish in 5th place when we can't field 11 half decent players without them all playing out of position.

Fooking good job we applied for the Intertoto.

does anyone know if pompy finish 5th & win the FA cup and we finish 6th if we still get in europe ?

Yes.

And possibly if they lose the cup final as well, unless the FA change the rules to allow Cardiff to go into the UEFA (which I don't think they'll do because UEFA have indicated that they'll give Cardiff a wild card).

That's the sign of a brilliant DEFENSIVE midfielder isn't it? Wait ... his job is quite the opposite to giving away free kicks in shooting range isn't it? :rolleyes:

You don't wanna be criticising the wonderous Carsley around here mate, he's an unsung hero remember ...

we've got the 5th best defensive record in the league (bearing in mind we started off the season shipping goals without Carsley in the team) so he must be doing something right. Giving away a free-kick outside the box happens all the time, it's the first direct we've conceded from this season so I wouldn't exactly castigate him for the goal, it's called bad luck.

How we miss Cahill, I see all those people saying how he shouldn't be playing, how he's overrated, how we shouldn't build our formation around him have gone back into the woodwork. Our results this season with and without him are conclusive, without him our team is nothing like as effective - fact. Anyway, portsmouth drew so a good days work as far as I'm concerned, plus they'll most likely win the FA Cup so UEFA should be in the bag.

Just watched it on motd and Carsley looked very unlucky to me, plus he set up our goal as well.

Edited by carlmc25

we've got the 5th best defensive record in the league (bearing in mind we started off the season shipping goals without Carsley in the team) so he must be doing something right. Giving away a free-kick outside the box happens all the time, it's the first direct we've conceded from this season so I wouldn't exactly castigate him for the goal, it's called bad luck.

How we miss Cahill, I see all those people saying how he shouldn't be playing, how he's overrated, how we shouldn't build our formation around him have gone back into the woodwork. Our results this season with and without him are conclusive, without him our team is nothing like as effective - fact. Anyway, portsmouth drew so a good days work as far as I'm concerned, plus they'll most likely win the FA Cup so UEFA should be in the bag.

Just watched it on motd and Carsley looked very unlucky to me, plus he set up our goal as well.

:rolleyes:

I'm glad at least someone (Romey) can acknowledge when someone's play sucks. I'd rather have a central midfielder who can put pressure on the opposing team then the antics of Lee Carsley for another season. :D

With team Hoof-It in full force today, I'm shocked we were even able to get a goal.

:rolleyes:

I'm glad at least someone (Romey) can acknowledge when someone's play sucks. I'd rather have a central midfielder who can put pressure on the opposing team then the antics of Lee Carsley for another season. :D

With team Hoof-It in full force today, I'm shocked we were even able to get a goal.

Agreed, Carsley does a better job than Neville centermidfield but still they both need dropping <_<

Lovely to see Joleon has his scoring head on again, I'm hoping he makes double figures before the season is ended. I also want to see Yak break the 20 goal mark because that too would be an incredible acheivement for both players.

We were very lucky that Pompey didnt take advantadge and dropped points themselves.

Jack you expressed "europian football is once again sliping from our grasp."

I think this is overly pessimistic. Im confident we will finish at minimum 5th, and if we dont there are so many variables including intertoto, rules involving cardif and their eligability, not to mention possibilty of a fair play place becoming available. Weve just about every base possible covered.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlay...,,12306,00.html

I wont allow myself to be dissapointed about a season in which we had set a new bench mark for EPL points accumulated, consecutive wins in Europe, uefa coefficiant points tally, number of cleans sheets, number of home wins the list goes on. If these arent indicators of the improvements made by our team what is?

If anybody saw that game live or just the highlights on TV, it has to be Howard for MOTM, he saved us from getting a good hiding.

He got my vote. No question, I'm amazed he's only got three of the (rather poor) twelve votes so far.

Actually only eleven because the vote for Phil Neville was plainly cast by one of our friends from the dark side and will as such be discarded <_< .

Edited by MikeO