eadand2003

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax lads, Lawrensens tipped Villa...

Everton v Aston Villa

Kick-off 1600 BST

Everton seem to have run out of gas and consequently look a little short of ideas. They are not playing particularly badly but they do not look like they are going to create any chances or score goals.

In contrast, Villa are in a rich vein of form and have been buoyed by the number of goals they have scored of late - and by their hammering of neighbours Birmingham last week.

Verdict: 0-2

.....that's a relief, it's in the bag!

He tipped a Liverpool win in the derby too Mike ...

There has to be an exception to prove the rule Mark as any statastician worth his salt will tell you ;) .

Quietly confident....what have you tipped in the Anusol? That's the real question. Home win all the way from me.

Edited by MikeO

There has to be an exception to prove the rule Mark as any statastician worth his salt will tell you ;) .

Quietly confident....what have you tipped in the Anusol? That's the real question. Home win all the way from me.

:lol:

As if I'm going to tell you that. Heart or head? You decide what I chose Mike ;)

"Our result against Derby County was 1-0 at home (shite) Villas 6-0 against them was away"

Our away result agains't derby was 2-0 as i have already pointed out to you licker.

You said our results didn't compare to Villa's, but as I explained there not likely to if you use there home results agaisn't our away results and vice versa.

Its not the best idea if you're looking for comparisons.

"If they hadn't beaten these teams they wouldn't deserve to be in the top ten let alone challanging us for 5th spot." . "I can remember getting beat at Reading" I

Is this the same Reading who stuffed the shite and who have run hot and cold all season by chance? and only a couple of weeks ago getting beat by Fulham, so i take it you dont think we deserve to be in the top ten either" Please don't assume to know what I think. Or use sarcasm rather than make a valid point.

Edited by EvilG

"Our result against Derby County was 1-0 at home (shite) Villas 6-0 against them was away"

Our away result agains't derby was 2-0 as i have already pointed out to you licker.

You said our results didn't compare to Villa's, but as I explained there not likely to if you use there home results agaisn't our away results and vice versa.

Its not the best idea if you're looking for comparisons.

"If they hadn't beaten these teams they wouldn't deserve to be in the top ten let alone challanging us for 5th spot." . "I can remember getting beat at Reading" I

Is this the same Reading who stuffed the shite and who have run hot and cold all season by chance? and only a couple of weeks ago getting beat by Fulham, so i take it you dont think we deserve to be in the top ten either" Please don't assume to know what I think. Or use sarcasm rather than make a valid point.

:unsure: Touchy or what. Home or away makes no difference to your comment about they should'nt be in the top ten if they dont beat them, just pointing out that we have had shite results against the bottom four clubs the only win of late was a lucky win against Derby, therefore your comment should also apply to us, sorry to point it out to you but I think its just called a difference of opinion. :)

And i dont think that pointing out our defeats by Reading and Fulham can be labelled as Sarcasm.

Wigan only getting one point today, whilst Birmingham got one will mean that Wigan WILL have

a lot to play for against Villa.............does that make sence :blink:

Wigan can get sucked down at the last moment!......so they sure as hell wont roll over against

Aston Villa.

Villa being favorites tomorrow wont do us any harm, if it had been a team we should beat easily then we (on present form) maybe would have struggled.Pride and desire should kick back in Sunday.........our defence can limit even the best to few chances, and watch Fernandes carve open the Villa defence for the Yak to start scoring again.

What a huge game for us (and for Villa too). At the start of the season the one thing I wanted us to achieve was to qualify for Europe again as a sign of consistent progress. With the money that the likes of Spurs, Newcastle and City are likely to splash (and the more considered great work being done at the likes of Villa, Blackburn and Portsmouth) we simply have to get this UEFA Cup spot.

After being worried all week, I reckon we might pinch this 3-2. Yak, Osman and a winner from Fernandes.

Come on Blues...

Im shitting my self about this game now. Also i have just realised that my train to liverpool will be the one that goes through birmingham earlier on. i cant be fucked with sitting on a train full of villa fans.

anyway, im really nervous about this now. Biggest game of the season by a long way, in the bigger picture its bigger than the fiorentina game.

If Blackburn take something from Pompey in the early kick-off it'll remove a bit of pressure :) .

I dreamt last night that we lost 1-0....I was driving to the ground, got stuck in traffic and arrived just as everyone was leaving looking totally miserable :( .

Nervy day, wish the kick-off was earlier.

Well am going today and I will be cheering on the blues. This game is actually one of the most important games of the season and it's a must win like the next three games will be thats if we fail to beat Villa today.

I can't predicit what the score of this one is going to be. Tough game Villa have got some decent youngsters who we should shut out of the game if we do that we will have no problems... well apart from putting the ball in the back of the net!

Does anybody else think Yakubu is going to get his 20 goal target what he set himself when he joined?

Mikel Arteta is only fit enough for the bench for today's clash with Aston Villa.

Arteta has been struggling with a stomach injury and was receiving treatment in Spain earlier this week.

But David Moyes has named an attacking 4-4-2 formation with both Yakubu and Andrew Johnson selected.

Leon Osman, Steven Pienaar will feature in an attacking midfield that also includes Manuel Fernandes and Lee Carsley.

Joleon Lescott continues at left back, while Phil Neville reverts to right back with Tony Hibbert amongst the substitutes.

Phil Jagielka and Joseph Yobo maintain their partnership in the centre of defence.

Joining Hibbert and Arteta on the bench are Victor Anichebe, Leighton Baines and keeper Stefan Wessels.

Villa's own attacking threat looks likely to come in the form of John Carew, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ashley Young who all start.

Mikel Arteta is only fit enough for the bench for today's clash with Aston Villa.

Arteta has been struggling with a stomach injury and was receiving treatment in Spain earlier this week.

But David Moyes has named an attacking 4-4-2 formation with both Yakubu and Andrew Johnson selected.

Leon Osman, Steven Pienaar will feature in an attacking midfield that also includes Manuel Fernandes and Lee Carsley.

Joleon Lescott continues at left back, while Phil Neville reverts to right back with Tony Hibbert amongst the substitutes.

Phil Jagielka and Joseph Yobo maintain their partnership in the centre of defence.

Joining Hibbert and Arteta on the bench are Victor Anichebe, Leighton Baines and keeper Stefan Wessels.

Villa's own attacking threat looks likely to come in the form of John Carew, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ashley Young who all start.

I really like that selection. Hopefully Manny keeps on improving for this game. And thank god Hibbs in on the bench, maybe we can get a half decent cross from Neville....

First time: very poor game. I think we need Arteta like air to breathe. Only one shot and then nothing, nothing, nothing. Attacking with this team sounds utopic. Midfield is lost; strikers so.

Let´s see if there´s a different attitude for the second time

Edited by cismo