IGNORED

Villa (home)

eadand2003

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carsley had a good game and then went and spoiled it for me by standing like a statue when Barry had the ball for their second goal. Same goes for Neville. AND they both could have cleared it before it even got to that stage :(

Agree - and osman was stood watching.

How do you stop a rampent Aston Villa scoring?..........don't know, WE couldn't, can Wigan?

Unless Fernandes was injured I would have left him on! Arteta isn't fit, and maybe Fernandes could have got that last minute free kick over the wall.

Guess a draw was a fair result.

I think we can beat Newcastle at home next week, they surely wont play like Villa did today!

Meaning Villa will need to win both of their games.

A point at Arsenal isn't out of the question if we can produce another game like today.

I like AJ, for the way he gives 100%....but I think a fully fit Vaughan in that position would be a great move.

Jagielka was excellent today, and Yakubu gave his all.Carsley showed Derby could be getting a half decent player.................where was Ossie in the 2nd half?

If you think about the position we would have been in if Villa won then a draw isnt bad.

I thought we played shite when fernandes went off, Pienaar or Osman should have went off instead imo.

What the fuck was carsley doing on there goal standing off as usual <_<

we could do with a point next week :rolleyes:

Can i just say that that is one of the best atmospheres at a everton game i been to in a long time just got back before an everyone sung there heart out for us... Shame we couldnt hold on.

No one had a really poor game today Yakubu and Johnson were shite but at least we seen good signs from Carsley and Neville. Fernandes shouldn't have been taken off I would have took Osman off he looked really off today. Maybe he didn't celebrate because he was thought he shouldn't have been taken off.

Bet the match of the day highlights make us look really good today!

Other than their two goals, and a couple of other chances(hitting the post)...we had more chances, a few times the ball was crossed just behind the front runner, Yobo had one cleared off the line, a few goal bound shots were blocked etc.

Also there were times today when our passing was excellent.Villa couldn't have come to us more up, confidence is a wonderfull thing and but for a couple of lapses we would have won, against what are a team that's really flying.

Some are now tipping Villa to get 5th!.......the last few games, the ones where they really played some great open football, were games where they weren't expected to catch us!!!

Maybe, no pressure helped them along a bit.Now perhaps they should get 5th.

THE PRESSURE IS THERE NOW!!!!..Let's see how they handle at a desperate Wigan.

I watched the game with my mate whos a villa season ticket holder and he was alot happier than me on the final whistle! I think the point was much better for villa than us as their goal difference will mean that they will beat us if we finish level (due to us having to lose and them winning two). I think we will do well to get any points from next week and that'll mean it will go down to the last game! Well I'm gutted we should have have this all sown up by now and as usual we can't do anything easily. At least DM put Neville back in the defence today and I think it showed that he shouldn't play in the midfield as he did OK today. Really annoyed with us standing off Barry for their second goal (both Arteta and Carley guilty). This won't be the game that loses us 5th place (if it happens) as the last 6 or so have done that. Still its in our own hands and at least Wigan have something to play for next week against villa as they arn't safe yet. All in all it was a better performance than in recent weeks and I'm as always optomistic!

One Word:We lost it....

We could have walked away with three points but we let in two silly goals! Set pieces were their strength and defending was suppose to be our strength....but we failed at defence......

I guess if only Osman (he was havin a poor game from my view..) was not in the field and Fernanedes stayed, we could have done better. I guess Osman totally lost his marker for their First goal....

sigh

One Word:We lost it....

That's three words....and we didn't, we drew :huh::lol: .

It was the first thing I thought of this morning, so frustrating.....but if we play like that in the last two games we may still be OK. Arsenal are completely out of the championship race whatever happens tonight so you never know and we'll beat Newcastle.

If we have to go through the Intertoto it'll be a bit annoying but I'd have settled for sixth at the start of the season, just a pain the way we've hit the rough patch at the end after such a stunning four and a half months....if we'd dropped points regularly over the season rather than predominantly at the start and the finish we'd all be delighted with our current position.

Ecstacy to despair in less than a minute! unbelievable. The most annoying thing is Villa didn't cause us a single problem in open play until that second goal, Howard had nothing to do and all we had to contend with was Villa's set-pieces. The first goal was soft enough, but the second goal was criminal. Why everyone was standing off Barry I'll never know, Carsley didn't seem sure whether to close him down (and possibly commit himself) or hang back and stay in position, but personally I thought Lescott's defending was abysmal - he just seemed to let Carew pick his spot and guide his header home, they were both standing together and the least he should have done was give him a firm nudge to put him off balance. It's not the first time Lescott has cost us goals from routine balls into the box, it's why I think he is better at full-back because in the middle he costs us goals. Unbelievably frustrating result, but even with a patched up team we matched Villa no problem, we deserve to finish 5th. Just a pity Moyes put Fernandez out on the wing and Osman in the middle, Osman just isn't up to a 4 man centre midfield spot, but then again hardly any of our team are and once again proved it with an endless stream of long balls aimed at Johnson (useless AGAIN) and Yakubu. AJ needs to go in the Summer, he and Yakubu just don't work together and if you're going to play one up front on his own then you'd have to play Yakubu as AJ isn't fit to lace his boots. We need a quality second striker, someone with a bit of height, pace and touch. Plus obviously we need to sort out the midfield big time, it's too lightweight and in a 4 it's poor.

Let's just see how Villa cope with playing first this weekend, they're not that good and it wouldn't surprise me if they slip up between now and the end of the season, if we can beat Newcastle (we should do) then I think that'll be enough.

Just watched it through again. Another possible penalty turned down but it got lost in the excitement at the end of the game. Carsley's shot just before the first goal clearly hit Petrov's arm, came from a long way (which was the reason given for Chelsea's penalty getting awarded on Saturday) and could easily have been given.

It's 1 2-legged tie - against obscure opponents. Rather finish 5th (that we're on course to do!) intertoto's not a bad insurance policy.

It is only one game in the Intertoto, but then we'd have to play a qualifying game for the UEFA before the first round, so it would actually be an extra four games on this season. We should find out pretty soon whether the Fair Play place is available to us, the cut-off point is 30th April but England has dropped behind Norway in the provisional list. We'd then have to wait for the UEFA cup final day when the draw for the other two available places from seven (at present) would be made.

Edited by MikeO

oh yeah, did anyone else see the flare that got thrown onto the pitch, Fucking Neanderthal whoever did that.

i enjoyed it despite it being a draw, may have gone a bit wild when phil neville scored, thought christmas had came early. as its usually this time of year he scores own goals.