IGNORED

Barcodes (home)

JamesN

1-0 to us - AJ

This is Everton! Surely they'll put in more drama then that :D

3-2 with a last minute goal from Manny! Wait...you mean Moyes always subs him out?

Who will get the last minute goal then? Carsley? Neville (off a deflection)? Hibbert? A tired Yak?

Make that a 2-2 game :rolleyes:

Newcastle's recent revival is deceptive. They've only played two teams from the top half of the table in the unbeaten run before the Chelsea game, West Ham where they got a draw and Pompey where they also drew (doesn't everyone?). They won 4-1 at Spurs but that was a freak result imo.

The fact that we've looked better in our last couple of games is reassuring...they may get a goal because they're relatively strong up front but with a capacity crowd behind us and the players knowing what's at stake we'll get three. AJ, Ossie and Lescott.

Newcastle have kept a clean sheet away from home a mighty impressive twice this season. Once at Fulham, once agains't Pompey. Their defensive record could be described as poor at best. A clean sheet agains't the barmy army is all that lies between us and Uefa Cup football next season. Its in our own hands and I'm sure we'd have all taken that at the start of the season.

The last game invariably throws up some sort of talking point, probably get our 1st penalty of the season and miss it, but i still fancy us to get the draw 2-2 Yakubu gets his 20th and Lescott gets his 10th in an all out assault pulling back from 2-1 down.

As its been said before, this is EFC and nothing is ever cut and dried or easy. :)

Its going to be a nervy game and if we do enough to finish 5th it should guarantee Davey gets his 3rd manager of the season award, unless sir Alex completes the double.

Could only needing a point be our downfall?

Surly Moyes won't send out a team with the instruction "just don't lose"

Should we go for goals ,or just try and stop them from scoring.....the second option brings me out in a cold sweat!

If Villa get a goal or two up, and were holding them to a draw.....bloody sure nerves will set in, and mistakes come from that.

I guess we will play with pressure on our side to secure at least a draw.So i guess we will pack the midfield and go with one upfront attack.Gonna be a dull game...expect plenty of yellow cards....heart says its 0-0 or 1-0, but mind says possible disappointment awaits....phew! tuff...den again i assume its 0-0 game.....The most important is that the crowd needs to be vocal for the entire 90minutes without a minute to spare....we really need the crowd to ensure the ref gives some decisions our way!

3-0

-howard to get his clean sheets record

-the yak to get a clean 20 (first pen of the season)

-J'Lo to get a clean 10( booming header)

- Johnson to get his 100th league goal career ( the ball to come crashing of the bar from a fernandes shot an hit him and go in)

everyone go's home a winner :P

then villa get stuffed by west ham anywyas an we all laugh at ourselves for being worried

on a more serous note

i fancy a 1 or 2 nill doubt they will score past our defence, but you never know in football.

Worryingly Lawrenson's picked us to win and Villa to lose :o .

Everton are back in control of their European destiny and I think they will beat Newcastle.

It's a top performance by David Moyes - he's the best manager outside the top four.

You could argue that, because of his resources - or lack of them - he has done even better than the managers who finished third and fourth this season....

You certainly could....and you'd be right. At the start of the season...

Arsenal 3rd=failure.

Liverpool 4th=failure.

Everton 5th=success.

No argument.

You certainly could....and you'd be right. At the start of the season...

Arsenal 3rd=failure.

Liverpool 4th=failure.

Everton 5th=success.

No argument.

don't agree about arsenal - if you go back to the start of the season they were given a similar chance of winning the league as the shite and were as long as 1/2 to finish ahead of spurs!!! I think they outperformed expectations for the bulk of the season and their disappointment only comes from fading away in the last couple of months (not helped by the loss of arguably their best performer of the season in eduardo).

don't agree about arsenal -

Think if you asked Wenger and Moyes how happy they are with the season (out of ten) DM would say 8/9 and Wenger would say 5/6.

Take your point that at the start of the season a lot of people put Arsenal in fourth, if not getting challenged by Spurs for the Champs League place, but Wenger would have disagreed.

Edited by MikeO

Everton will give late fitness tests to several players before the game with Newcastle.

Manager David Moyes wouldn't be drawn on the identity of the afflicted parties - but will definitely be without Mikel Arteta who underwent surgery this week.

Moyes said: "We aren't looking great. We have a lot of injuries and there are quite a lot of players who we'll fitness test before the game on Sunday."

"We are going to be tight for numbers, there are three or four doubts."

That's all we fucking need :angry:

Kevin Keegan will be without Mark Viduka and Joey Barton for the match with Everton, so some enforced chances will be made. He was already without Shay Given and James Milner, and Emre has been allowed to join Turkey early ahead of the European Championships, so with Stephen Carr and Peter Ramage already told they can leave in the summer Keegan is down to just 17 players to select his 16 from.

Evens it up a bit :) .