IGNORED

Arteta And Aj

you forgot to add that we're going to use the money from those to buy Crouch and Rooney.....in other words i smell a bit of brown stuff from a cow.

Beef? in that case i'd go for red from the above selections.

Can't see either of them leaving (this season) but i can imagine teams coming in for them. I'd go with the swap for Ashton at the drop of a hat though!

Can't see the Hammers swapping Ashton for AJ when Ashton is far better and probably their best player,if Arteta does go wont be fussed as long as it is a decent amount of cash so we can buy Manny and get someone else in!

EDIT... Also who is Real madrids other winger, Robinho and.........?

Edited by jacko1990

a little off topic but still worth asking, if you had a £16-18million bid for arteta, would you accept?

bearing in mind, depending if the transfer market goes into over drive after the european championships, you could to pick up fernandes and joaquin with it

I'll give Arteta benefit of the doubt and give him another chance to prove he's the player we know he is and that this season he was playing with injuries. But if we got a big offer then it would have to be considered. As for AJ, sell him ASAP - he had one or two good games this season, against anything even resembling a decent defence he's a total waste of space - we played well against Arsenal but everytime a ball went forward into a remotely dangerous area AJ was always on the back foot, he hardly ever anticipates anything, his all round play is average at best, his finishing not brilliant, all he does is work hard. I've seen enough, Yakubu has 10 times the talent.We need someone like Santa Cruz - height, class on the ball, experience, then another striker as cover if Vaughan looks like he's not going to recover. Midfield is where we need to spend the money, big time. Keep hold of Carsley for cover - once again another excellent season, possibly my player of the season - but get in some younger, more energetic and physically imposing players in the centre, plus some cover for out wide. Defence is brilliant, except we need an RB.

if west ham offered us 9 mil for aj it would be beyond fantastic.

as for arteta if real are still paying the stupid prices they have in the past, then player and cash would very likely be too good to turn down. arteta was too consistently poor in the 2nd half of the season (injuries or not) to be indispensable.

Not too sure I like cash/player deals!.....The player coming this way perhaps isn't really that keen on the situation.Better all cash and get a player who does want to come.

Yes keep Carsley as cover, another season like this one from him would be fine.

If Vaughan could make it back then maybe big money for AJ would be hard to turn down, but I think to be fair the service to AJ isn't always that great and I wouldn't really want him to go if Vaughan can't get back full fitness.

Edited by Blue 250

Just read that Curbishley is looking at AJ again......

Ashton is in talks at the moment ........

Fingers crossed they go tits up and we can strike some sort of deal.

I'm still not convinced on Ashton long term, he looks a decentish player but I'd rather we brought someone else in who's a bit quicker and more exciting (this Jo guy possibly?). I'd sell AJ though for anything like £9 in the blink of an eye, use the money for a better replacement. Just a pity we didn't sign Roque Cruz last year, he looked the type of player we needed. That being said, if we do have decent money to spend I'd rather get someone a little younger and hungrier (again Jo? I've never seen the guy play but he's brazilian!).

It was reportred that Curbs offered around 15 million for Johnson last summer .......

If you're reading this Alan try again mate!!!!!

I see Ashton as bit of Shearer type player, maybe not as prolific but not many are, perfect foil for Vaughan.

I think the weight stuff is a bit harsh, he might have put on a little bit of weight while he was injured but i think when you're immobile like he was then that is always going to happen. I still think Ashton is a very good player but i think that the money you would have to lay out for him would be too much of a risk. He could go two ways with his career now, he could either live up to his potential (which for englands sake I hope he does becasue we need a striker like him), either that or injuries will keep him as an also-ran. He has the potential, just got to see if he has the body for it now

i said that at the time, i like him, but it was too much to refuse. whether there was a concrete offer or not though

Are you finally admitting that he isn't very good or do you still think we should keep him? I'd sell him for more like £8m never mind the ludicrous £15m they were rumoured to be offering in the Summer.

Edited by carlmc25

^ as above

i still think he's a good player and asset to the club, just not 15 million good, never was.

i'd sell both arteta and aj if a decent enough bid came in. 15 each would do, snap their hand off

We'll surely never get anything like £15m for AJ, last pre-season was different, his first season was perceived as somewhat successful in some quarters and he was in the England frame - now his stock has gone down, he won't get anywhere near the England team and he is a cast iron second choice (behind Yak) in the Everton team. Teams will know Everton wouldn't be too bothered about selling him now, I think if anyone was kind enough to offer us anywhere near £10m we should take it. The Everton team should only be moving onwards and upwards in terms of quality and imo AJ is already not good enough, that fact is only going to get more obvious the longer he stays.

Don't get me wrong, in a perfect world we'd have enough money to keep AJ as a third/fourth choice striker, use him as a sub and in cup matches, but we just don't have that money so we need to sell high value players who aren't contributing enough. As you say, Arteta on last seasons form was very poor and if a big offer came in it would have to be considered. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he may have been carrying injuries for some time and we all know how good a player he really is, but if a big offer does come in it will certainly be interesting. It is a very real possibility as I still think Arteta is seen as our best/most talented player in most quarters - not many outsiders seem to have noticed his indifferent form.