IGNORED

Orlando Engelaar

How many times have you seen him play Jonny? I've only seen him in that one game.

iv seen him play a couple of dutch friendlies, and Moyes was at the dutch/italy game to look at defensive midfielders. so unless it was gattuso then i dont know.

my source is bbc radio 5 live. on the commentary the commentator said that cappelo was in the stands along with a host of premiership managers, one of which was moyes and that he was 'scouting' out a midfielder. as he has said on the tv that he wasnt after a creative midfielder it makes sense that he was after a defensive one.

engelaar isnt rumoured to come but cos FC Twente are without a manager I know a couple of players are unsure of their future.

I hope we are not interested in this lad. Isnt he quite old? I doubt we are to be honest. The names we have been linked with we where probably looking at van der vaart or sneijder. :rolleyes:

Spurs were looking at him, but he seems to have joined Schalke. Many of Europe's UEFA Cup teams were interested in him.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_3644473,00.html

we're getting closer to getting him. looked good again tonight versus romania.

my main problem is that the player doesnt actually want to come here. he is still pining over a move to the german league to be with his former coach.

not sure id want a player that doesn want to play here.

His distribution has looked alright to me, i'd say a step up from that of Carsleys. i think the main thing with this fella is that he looks like he could eat people which makes him a good sigining in my opinion.

It was on City Talk earlier today confirming our interest but also his preference of Shalke.

Y not get the young belgium lad we were linked with back in january hes a giant and hes only 20 but lacks experience playing in big games(something that Engelaar has, playing at the euros for Holland).I think his name is Maroune Fellani and when we were linked with him apparently Bayern Munich wanted him aswell! :o

He has agreed terms coz his old manager is there - schalke and his current club haven't agreed a fee though, so the plug could be fesibly pulled if he decided a move to the prem would be a better opportunity - with mclaren in charge now he may encourage a move to the prem for the lad...