IGNORED

Fernandes £6m?

Everton finally look set to land Manuel Fernandes from Valencia for £6million.

The Portuguese ace has been told he can leave the Spanish club by new boss Unai Emery, having spent most of last season on loan at the Blues.

Goodison chief David Moyes has been desperate to sign the 22-year-old midfielder for two seasons and is in talks with Valencia about bringing him in on a permanent basis.

Moyes tried to sign Fernandes when the player left Benfica a year ago, but thought his £10m price tag was too high.

At the cut-down price, Valencia have told Everton the deal must be done by June 20 and Moyes is confident he has finally snared his man.

(sorry i couldnt do the Italic lol)

Just Seen This in The People....

What Do You All Think?

Edited by Murphy the Blue

Be a good signing on the grounds of his last 2 or 3 performances but part from that he was wasnt very good in his second loan spell. Also he is ment to be very lazy in training but i wouldnt mind singing him just hope he performs like he did in his first loan spell.

This would be a great signing an at that price id grab him with both hands put him in me suit case an head on home 2 Goodison imo its a steel half price from what Valencia's paid only last season. Yes he didn't have the same effect that he had the first time around but i think with him knowing where his future is and playing regular first team football the lad will become a legend. The talents definitely there and on form can be the best player on the park by a mile so i say Yes get him signed an give him his chance.

Not sure I would say no to a permanent deal, but agree that another loan period like Pienaars would be good. Be good to have him for the full year, get him through our pre season schedule and see what he can offer us then.

£6m for a young International is a good price, and as we all know, he has plenty of ability, think he needs a run of games, and fitness as toward the end of last year, he started showing how good he is. Would love him here! Better than what we have there now, so would be an improvement!

hope its true!

Jake will be estatic hahaha

haha to right lad id be all smiles if we baged manny :)

loan...... 6 million....26 million..... makes no differance too me aslong as he is in an everton shirt next season im very happy

p.s- Im well aware I like fernandes alot more than I should :P

loan yes, £6m no IMO

Has done nothing to justify even £6m (and I still stand by this), would rather have had unproven Ramsey than Fernandes.

I honestly can't believe this, you wouldn't have a player of his talent for £6m :o Players like Chopra and Barton are going for that price.

Has done nothing to prove hes worth that? What about his first loan spell? Moyes was willing to pay £12m for him.

It would be a huge mistake if we didn't sign him for that price and I'm sure if his price is only £6m then we will see him in a blue shirt next year because Moyes knows the talent he has

I honestly can't believe this, you wouldn't have a player of his talent for £6m :o Players like Chopra and Barton are going for that price.

Has done nothing to prove hes worth that? What about his first loan spell? Moyes was willing to pay £12m for him.

It would be a huge mistake if we didn't sign him for that price and I'm sure if his price is only £6m then we will see him in a blue shirt next year because Moyes knows the talent he has

Maybe you are looking at this with rose, or in this case blue, tinted glasses.

Look at him as an asset, he has devalued by 50%, is no longer in demand and his last public appearance was a disappointment.

If he is such a talent, why aren't we fighting other clubs off to sign him?

Why was he not signed when his loan agreement concluded?

Why is he now wort £6m when he was worth £12m a year ago?

I like the fact you did not mention last season in your justification for him, instead you rely on form from 2 seasons ago.

Sorry, in my opinion I would not have him. In yours you would....

:D

we're lacking in depth.

last 10 games are very winnable. we need to be winning them and be able to rest players and be assured of a good team with the players we have to come in.

we have lost a midfielder already, and we were seriously short of players last year. which means at this current stage we are desperatelt short. the maths dont add up.

so with that reason, any player coming in is a good buy. cos i can see us letting it go right down to the last day before we buy players. and for a team consistently knocking at the big table, it isnt good enough.

NSNO get it from another article though - reported deadline tomorrow anyway so we will see...

That's what I meant...wasn't slagging NSNO...just pointing out that "Accountancy Age" is probably not the most reliable source for transfer info :) .