IGNORED

Pre-season Friendlies

jamiemaher85

Thought I would start a thread for all the pre-season games as they don't really warrant there own game threads.

Anyway, I think we are playing Sion Fc today at 3pm. It will be good to see the youngsters get a run out. Is Vaughn ready yet does anyone know? It will also be interesting to see if Aj features in any of the upcoming friendlies.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone getting the impression that Moyes is just going to stick with Neville as our DM? If it's true that we dont have a pot to piss in then I think it's likely - first game of the season expect Neville in midfield :angry: and Irving as our RB.

Whats happened to Dan Gosling.? thought Moyes said he would be pushing for a 1st team place this season.

Think it will have been good experience for some of the younger lads such as rodwell and agard. I was also shoked to see VDM involved, though I suppose it was almost a reserve game, wonder if that could be a sign of things to come. Would be interesting to see what he could do if he actually got fit and started to play som..hahaha... almost got through that without laughing.

I was also shoked to see VDM involved, though I suppose it was almost a reserve game, wonder if that could be a sign of things to come. Would be interesting to see what he could do if he actually got fit and started to play som..hahaha... almost got through that without laughing.

MOTM according to Toffeeweb, and he must have flown :o .

He played a lot last pre-season though so I wouldn't start getting too excited just yet :) .

WTF our team should have thrashed them. Lost two out of two friendlies so far. I know that team wont be are team for the season but could be in for a bad season? :crying_anim02:

Unlucky anyway nice to see the reserves get a good runout this is probably the only chance they will get because are main boys will be back soon :)

We looked ok for sections but looked very poor going forward, but we where missing alot of our first team attacking players, in fact all creativity from our first team was missing. I think that we did look weak at the back, Ruddy never comanded his area or the defensive line for me, i still think we need to get a decent back-up for Howard, I know some people want to see Ruddy or Turner be given a run out but i still feel that we need some more experience at the back for an understudy to Howard.

None of the defence looked bothered today and just let Cambridge do what they wanted

I'm not overly concerned at the moment, if we start playing like we have for the last two games when we have players such as Spud, Pienaar, Yak and Ossie playing properly then we can start worrying, we are essentially playing our reserves at the moment.

I would say that on positives it was good to see VDM getting another good run out, don't think he did himself any harm in Moyes eyes today, and also thought that O'Kane looked good in the first half.

I dont think a goalie is any problem to us, how often would you have to call on a goalie from the bench.

I Dont think we subbed Howard once last season, so its totally unnecessary, but midfield is a different proposition, i think we need two or three at least.

I still think we need to pick up another goal keeper, im not saying its number one priority, but it still needs to be sorted. I don't feel comfertable with any of the keepers we have in reserve at the moment and with extra european games and the fact that next year Howard will be called for World Cup Qualifiers i really feel that we need to have back up, if howard picks up a knock we could be fucked, as much as i would like to see some youngsters come through i really don't think that ruddy or turner are going to cut it at the top and we need ample cover at the back rahter than regretting the situation later on