IGNORED

Pre-season Friendlies

jamiemaher85

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-0 up (Jags) early in the second half at PNE.

41 mins - The impressive Andy van der Meyde finds Jutkiewicz on the left.

Love it :D !

56 mins - Van der Meyde cuts in from the left and rockets a shot agonisingly over the crossbar. It's a fine effort from the Dutchman, who has once again caught the eye.

I was reading updates from the PNE site last night (obviously slightly biased) and their 'commentator' had nothing but good to say about both Baxter and Shandy.

Sounds good from our man from amsterdam!

I believe Gosling played last ngiht as well, any reports on him?

Shit. Anyone know if the Arteta injury is bad at all?

Can't say im surprised about VDM, he's had a good run though! Best in his Everton Career

It looked like his ankle and he was limping the whole time so it could be bad. Take a look at our midfield atm - Molyneux Gosling Rodwell Baxter - we need to sign midfielders, and soon.

VDM looked like his thigh or hamstring had gone.

It looked like his ankle and he was limping the whole time so it could be bad. Take a look at our midfield atm - Molyneux Gosling Rodwell Baxter - we need to sign midfielders, and soon.

VDM looked like his thigh or hamstring had gone.

Thats very very scary, I'm all up for giving youth a chance, but seriously, it would be good to have at least some options available to us.

Get in. As i said before i do think that Baxer has been looking good, agree with what you said about his size. Once he builds himself up he could be a real asset, give him another 6-9 months and i think that he could really start to push for a place in the squad, not necesarilly starting but bench. On anothe note im really glad Baines is on.

Game over - 1-1.

We played well but lacked an attacking threat again. Very bad news to lose another 2 midfielders, though it should force us into making moves in the transfer market so every cloud has a silver lining.

Once again I was impressed with Rodwell and Baxter. I'd put Rodwell on the bench at least for every game this season and play him in the early cup games. Baxter's goal was quality, ran at their defence from way out and then shifted the ball onto his left foot and curled it round the keeper. Give him a season in the reserves and he'll be ready for our team I reckon (maybe not starting 11, but definitely on the bench). He'd be another player I'd play in the early cup games if we get lower league opposition.

Everton's future seems to look bright. The youth academy seems to be producing players. Now we just need to focus on keeping these players in our ranks. Hopefully we can hear about Baxter, Rodwell, and Gosling for a long time.

On another note it is sad to see Andy Van Der Meyde go down with an injury. Hopefully it isn't too serious and he can come back where he left off. Arteta's injury should be a cause for concern, hopefully it is just a sprain and he can be good to go in a couple of days.

VDM .... faces a spell on the sidelines with Hamstring problem, its a shame just when he looked as tho he was getting somewhere near fitness, unfortunately his body can not reach the level required for a sustained run in competetive matches.

ARTETA .... due back next week after a kick on the shin, no problem.

It also means that JV could miss the start of the season through suspension if the sending off is reported (bit like Rooney and Scholes for Man U the other season)

Possible even less striking options for the start of the season then