IGNORED

Michael Johnson

OK normally I don't gget personal or slightly aggresive but shut the fuck up you dickhead. Why on earth are we a laughing stock, becuase we don't sign every single player we are linked with or that you want?????? Who says it is Everton's fault and not players being offered more money elsewhere?

oh behave will ya. He is a frustrated everton, like many of us, and yes i agree we are a laughing stock atm, every other club that will rival us for our 5th placed finished has gone on and improved their squads. We on the other hand have gone backwards, now to our rivals if thats not being a laughing stock then tell me what is, no please tell me what is, coz to face facts and put it bluntly we are a laughing stick, come mid season we wont be calling spurs, pompy, villa and city our european rivals, we will be calling wigan, newcastle, middlesboro and west ham our mid table rivals. we just havent the squad to play in 4 compitions week in week out. next season with the squad we have, will struggle.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Johnson against AC Milan on 5 the other day. seemed like he had a lot of potential. But would rather see us go for a bit more experience and give our youngsters a chance. If we play our young players maybe people will see that they are just as good as Johnson and havent cost us the 8mil we would have to spend on johnson.

Its time to back the youngsters not get on their backs, the season hasnt started yet. We didnt buy huge last season, we bought late and finished 5th. A bit of faith from the everton faithful is required. A bad atmosphere will not help the team, it will only lead to our own downfall.

It is going over the top saying where a laughing stock........why??? because we havent signed anyone??? The team hasnt changed over night you know!!!!!

All these other teams you talk about....... Most have a net spend of a couple of million quid and I carnt see any MAJOR signings they have made that will set the world on fire......

Look at things with a bit of perspective lads dont just sit there orgainising your lynch mobs just yet......

spurs? no major signings? open your eyes. Dos santos, one of the best youngesters around. Modric, class act all round. Bently, yeah abit overhyped but still a damn good player.

Pompy? Crouch is an epic signing for them, they now have defoe and crouch upfront, that is a strong front forward.

Villa? Now have a top class defence and keeper, midfeild was already sorted.

Please think before you post.

You seem to make out that all these signing will slot right in and work wonders.......

Other than Spurs who do look stronger I carnt see how Peter Crouch makes porthsmouth a better team..... Looked "fantastic on sunday"

OOO Aston Villa Signed an old Keeper.... yes they will run away with the league now!!!!!!

Villas midfield sorted??????? did we finish above them last year????? IM SURE WE DID!!!!!

So other than Spurs (JUST) Im not convinced.......

Get out of your fantasy football world and look at thigs sensibly before you post next time cheecky fucker

It's what Everton is all about! You can read the posts and feel the passion - its just people reacting in different ways, but thats why i love reading all the posts on here

If anyones watching the Liverpool game on 5 at the moment - they look shite. Unite and rejoice!!

If we dont get ANYONE in before the deadline we'll have to muscle our way through to January in mid-table obscurity and then sign some class-acts in the window.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

and I would love Johnson to join...

Edited by Tomwin

Johnson is now an established Premiership performer. Very good player and will improve. Would be a great signing and a real coup if he chose us over Arsenal and the RS- both of whom have room for him in their sides and offer a more attractive package.

Not sure if we're a laughing stock cos we simply will not be competing with the likes of Villa, Spurs, Pompey for 5th place this season. We have lost a first XI starter in Carsley, another first XI/ first choice sub in Fernandez, "impact player" (altho he never shoen it) in Gravesen, all from our midfield and then work horse AJ who played down the right allowing the 4-5-1 to divert to 4-4-2 if needed.

That is 2 or 3 players from our starting XI and not replaced them. We already had a paperweight squad that proven towards the end of last season that wasn't strong enough to see through a full season... and we have weakened it. This is the simple fact.

As for our youngsters, they are not ready yet, that is plain to see. Rodwell is the only one who I would even consider to risk at this stage, but not in a midfield partnership with any of the players we currently have. A lightweight midfield with a youngster who's not ready will see us swamped, even by average players.

Overall, I see the lack of signings as an indication of real troubles within the club. Regardless of what DM and BK say, the new stadium looks to have a major bearing on transfer activity and now it's been called in we seem to have started making moves, however it seems too late.

As a blue, it's very disheartening to see that, after our best all round season for 20 years, a season when we really should have pushed on, improved and pressed the top 4, we have made massive steps backwards.

Blueblood - a very reasoned analysis of our current situation. I'm feeling very downbeat at the mo - REALLY hope to be proved wrong but we look idiots not to have captured a reasonably big name. Agree it will be difficult to compete with the likes of SPurs A Villa and Pompey. Sad times.

jesus - i nip out to the pub for a few hours and TT has turned into kipper. incase anybody hasnt noticed already, we dont talk kindly to getting personal and just throwing insults around. so if you want to talk about all things blue, this is the best place to do it, but please go read the rules, we dont like to be too strict like, but bringing peoples families into it is totally irrelevant and unnecessary.

i struggle to see how anyone can think we'll be ok. pulling up that we finished 5th. if anybody has noticed any sort of relevance from the last four years, we finished 4th, 5th and 6th, plus that horrible year in the middle. does anybody remember the one thing we missed that whole year? lee carsley. the rock in our midfield, we havent replaced him yet. we are seriously short. ok our defence is fine, we have one fit forward available right now. we have a serious lack of central midfielders, cahill is an avarage "midfielder" but he is not fit. osman has can play there, but had the protection of carsley. we are short. how anybody can not see that, and not find that unacceptable, is beyond me.

jesus - i nip out to the pub for a few hours and TT has turned into kipper. incase anybody hasnt noticed already, we dont talk kindly to getting personal and just throwing insults around. so if you want to talk about all things blue, this is the best place to do it, but please go read the rules, we dont like to be too strict like, but bringing peoples families into it is totally irrelevant and unnecessary.

i struggle to see how anyone can think we'll be ok. pulling up that we finished 5th. if anybody has noticed any sort of relevance from the last four years, we finished 4th, 5th and 6th, plus that horrible year in the middle. does anybody remember the one thing we missed that whole year? lee carsley. the rock in our midfield, we havent replaced him yet. we are seriously short. ok our defence is fine, we have one fit forward available right now. we have a serious lack of central midfielders, cahill is an avarage "midfielder" but he is not fit. osman has can play there, but had the protection of carsley. we are short. how anybody can not see that, and not find that unacceptable, is beyond me.

Spot on Stevo, I tried labouring that point every time somebody slagged Carsley off (and that was common). We need a specific player for that position cos we've tried players in that position before and they couldn't cut it (Cahill, Neville plus others). Not having a go at these players cos this isn't their best position, just making the point that it is a special talent!

Granted we've still got 2 -3 weeks until the window closes but it would be a shame if we got off to a bad start due to the lack of a replacement in this area!

Maybe tomorrow??

Even though there are 2-3 weeks left of the window, we don't have a tean NOW! We may still have chance to bring new faces in but if we get off to a bad start, things will continue to look grim.

There have been several statements concerning our first 5 games all being "easy" which I don't hold the same confidence for unfortunately. Yes, we play the newly promoted sides, but we haven't got a full strength- or even approaching full strength team. Add to that the first few games the newly promoted sides always play without fear and spring a few surprise results (I'm thinking Wigan drawing with Chelski amongst others) and we really could come unstuck.

Had we started this season, even with just the same squad as last year, I'd be a lot more confident and expect at least 11 points from the first 5 games, however as I stated above, the lack of numbers in midfield worries me greatly.

Looking at the players for Saturday

Howard,

Jags Yobo Lescott Valente/ Baines

Neville

Osman Arteta Rodwell Gosling/ Baines

Yak

This looks like a VERY lightweight midfield to me... who's going to win the ball before it reaches Neville????

Saturday doesnt look good but I think that team would be good enough to get a draw...... attacking wise though.... urgh

Im not a lover of Gosling...have only seen him play a couple of times and defensivly looks ok.......passing is abit shit though........then again Carsley wasnt the best passer of a ball...

We will see Saturday......

Any Ideas on the attendance??? do you think generally people wont be arsed going???

Still think we'll get at least 30k. As shit as things are at the moment i think the majority of everton fans will be loyal. We've been through at lot worse times than this and still drawn a crowd. If we don't then we are very fickle. Moving out of the city may be a reason not to go to the game and i'll support anyone who does that, you have to stand my your morals. But a frustrating summer transfer wise isn't in my book, enough to turn your back on the club, especially seeing as the window is yet to close

jesus christ will every please stop bitchin about not signing anyone. Have a lil faith and get behind the lads. Yeah yesterdays game was heart breakin i was there but i didnt think we deserved to lose with a weak midfield we did better than expected. get behind the lad COYB

Edited by Ferguson Is God

jesus christ will every please stop bitchin about not signing anyone. Have a lil faith and get behind the lads. Yeah yesterdays game was heart breakin i was there but i didnt think we deserved to lose with a weak midfield we did better than expected. get behind the lad COYB

Will you still be saying this an hour before the window closes? FFS we have 2 weeks ish left and look at how the players performed yesterday, the time for worrying is now. Yesterday was shocking and faith is not deserved.

i agree Romey its heart breaking and if moyes or BK doesnt sort it out soon i can see us slipping out of the top 10 this season...

Pompy, Spurs and Villa have all spent money on big players to improve their squad thats what we should be doing!!!!!!