IGNORED

Alan Smith £1.75mil

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's shit these days. I would have had him back in the day but he's not what we need right now. Can't score (has scored something like 7 since 2004), gets booked/sent off way too much and is generally a horrible bastard.

If these rumours are true (which i doubt very much they are) why on earth would Newcastle let him go for as little as 1.5 million when they paid 6 million for him 12 months ago?

Because he's a waste of wages.

To be honest, i can't see the barcodes selling him, which is good for us. In that position they have already sold Emre and Barton looks like he will be banned for a long time so probably wont play until christmas. They need smith so i doubt they will sell him.... well i fucking hope they don't. Plus i think his wages will be too high, he is on 50k a week at the moment, 50k a week not to score goals and go missing in games! brilliant.

I really fucking hope this one does not happen.

He,d just be another Graveson or V D Meyde, we might get 10 mins out of him in every ten games, we need class AND i dont understand why peeps are in such a hurry to scrape the bottom of the barrel and settle for rubbish.

Give it a bit of time THERES 3 weeks to go before the window closes. :rolleyes:

anyone realise we need a squad and for 1.5 ime sure he would fit in....trust moyes.

If thats the case lets just sign any old shit to make up numbers!

Kenwright has been going on saying Moyes won't bring anyone in who won't improve the squad, he won't improve our squad for any other reason that for numbers.

I'll be gutted if we sign this guy. A true sign of desperation.

I'm hoping this is just smoke and mirrors to keep our real transfer targets out of the media. If not and this rumour has substance it signals to me a club with problems. How can anyone believe that Alan Smith will strengthen our team. He's not very good and he has a poor injury record. God Noooooooooooooooo.

Seems to be gathering pace.

Its in the sun today and also the Mirror I beleive. Figure gone up to £3m.

Barcodes willing to sell as they would save over £12m in wages over the 4 years

Yeah a few of our members wanted us to sign him last year, i hope they see the error of their ways.

Panic buys are always the last resort when all else has failed, and you usually end up paying for your mistake and regretting the poor decision you made, it all comes down to "you get what you pay for".

Panic signing number one V D Meyde signed 30th August 3 years ago, even if he is only on £25.000 grand a week he has cost us nearly £4 million pounds in wages to keep him in food and drink, for doing sweet fook all.

Panic signings 2 and 3 Graveson and Gardner signed on loan the last day in the january window, no initial fee but i presume we have to pay them. We maybe got a couple of hours in 2 or 3 games from Graveson but Gardner never made a single appearance, so what was the point ?? More money that we cant afford, was just thrown down the drain.

I want to see this club making decent signings, somebody who will give us a decent return for the money we pay out, What i dont want, is to take other teams wasters, crap or injury prone players and pay them good money when they cant even tie their own bootlaces, and never pull on a blue shirt, we have to rise above scraping the barrel if we mean to keep our place in the top half of the league.

So my answer to Smith and other players like him is a resounding NO THANKS, i'll be very disappointed if this comes off.

i do agree with licker as well in terms of panic signings, but the thing is, imagine if we had of had an injury crisis middle of last season, a player like gardner would have been used. sure he was never gonna start above lescott, jags and yobo, except if say 1 or 2 of them got injured he might have saved us. but yeah i do agree that if we sign somebody we want them to be around regularly, and hope they wont be injury prone

This is my first post on this website and I was saving it for something special ie moutinho signing!!!!!

However this has forced my hand early!

IF WE SIGN THIS LOSER THEN IT REALLY DOES SHOW US AS A CLUB WITH VERY LIMITED FUNDS. Supposed to be pushing for top 4???? this signing wont do that!!!!

I do trust in moyes but sometimes i wonder what ideas he has.

He is a striker with a poor scoring record, poor on assists, and with a terrible disciplinary record. He is slow, with a poor touch and I cant believe for a second him and the yak will work well together as both of them dont like sweating too much!!!!

Please sign moutinho and if we do get a striker then get milito for £8mill as just revealed today thats all we can afford as only getting £8mill for AJ.

COYB get signing good players and let smith rot at the geordies!!!