IGNORED

Alan Smith £1.75mil

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

The nightmare will end when, either we sign him or he retires.If Smith makes it to retirement and having never played for Everton....it will be a DREAM come true!

Just can't see what Smith can bring to Everton!...we already have people who can't score, we have players who get injured, and we have people prone to getting sent off! There is no role for him here! We can manage without him.

Old rumour recycled. Fuck all in it. Can you imagine in training Billy, Peanuts, Mikel passing the ball around one touch then this tit running in and twatting them. We have moved on big time. Smith will be next seen at Bolton or Burnley when his contract has been "mutually terminated".

I think you are being overly critical of Smith here. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see Smith here as we've moved on. But saying things like he wil move somewhere next season after his contract is "mutally terminated" is plain stupid. He's had a brilliant season for Newcastle so far and is realy doing well at that level. Why Newcastle would want to terminate his contract is well beyond me. I'm not saying we should sign him, but just becasue we're now probably too good for him its no reason to totally slate the player.

We signed the injury plagued Saha and it turned out to be a master stroke.

In Moyes we trust.

I think a lot of you forget that we don't have ANY money. We have to take risks.

He's not great but we need a squad and Moyes may reignite his career, it wouldn't be the first time he's done that would it?

He's committed to the cause, experienced, versatile and used to be a very good player (an England international).

Tim Cahil and Arteta hardly got me excited when they signed.

Once again...In Moyes...

We signed the injury plagued Saha and it turned out to be a master stroke.

In Moyes we trust.

I think a lot of you forget that we don't have ANY money. We have to take risks.

He's not great but we need a squad and Moyes may reignite his career, it wouldn't be the first time he's done that would it?

He's committed to the cause, experienced, versatile and used to be a very good player (an England international).

Tim Cahil and Arteta hardly got me excited when they signed.

Once again...In Moyes...

I can see what you are saying and to be honest I dont think Smith is a bad player.

But the difference is we signed Saha because we were desperate for a forward and I just dont see where we have a need for Smith

I think once we get everybody back we have pretty much got decent cover for every position and so we dont need anymore squad players so if we were to bring anybody else in I would prefer them to be an improvement on what we have got already even if that means we only make one signing per window or as is more likely one per season

• 1 year later...

If it was £4,000,000 then no way. He's been out of action for too long and it's too much of a gamble, the only way that I'd see us getting him would be on a free. If Moyes says he can't pay £11m for Donovan then put the £4m towards Smith, because I'd be fuming if we payed that for him.

In Moyes we trust - but please, just no.

I'm surprised that some peeps are still taking this seriously, If anybody in the prem bought him they must be off their fookin trolley, the mans finished as a prem player and will probably end up back at Leeds or Middlesboro. ;)

Haha THIS so much!!!!

As if moyes would sign him now, come on lads show moysie some repsect!

• 1 month later...