IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

IRT MikO

alot of strong belgian beers come with a tulip shaped glass.

but my guess is that it was duvel?

I was thinking Duvel aswell but "Was nearly killed by the fumes in the froth when I tried to drink it normally" doesn't really fit that beer.. though maybe it does if you consider the weak stuff they drink in the UK :).

I was thinking Duvel aswell but "Was nearly killed by the fumes in the froth when I tried to drink it normally" doesn't really fit that beer.. though maybe it does if you consider the weak stuff they drink in the UK :).

Might well have been Duvel....couple of things to bare in mind (in my defence).

Could have been the nose full of froth that was part of the problem, and secondly (as you say) back then the majority of lager sold in pubs in Britain was, I suspect, about 3% alcohol compared to Duvel being 8.5%. We never really knew because even when the "strengths" began to be publicised they were always given as within a range of original gravity (which no-one understood further than, "that one's stronger than that one").

Remember my first pint of draught Stella (Bulls Head, Guidford High Street....not a pub any longer) was a stellar (see what I did there) experience. I fell down soon after :P .

Might well have been Duvel....couple of things to bare in mind (in my defence).

Could have been the nose full of froth that was part of the problem, and secondly (as you say) back then the majority of lager sold in pubs in Britain was, I suspect, about 3% alcohol compared to Duvel being 8.5%. We never really knew because even when the "strengths" began to be publicised they were always given as within a range of original gravity (which no-one understood further than, "that one's stronger than that one").

Remember my first pint of draught Stella (Bulls Head, Guidford High Street....not a pub any longer) was a stellar (see what I did there) experience. I fell down soon after :P .

:). If you're a beer drinker, you should really taste the Trappist beers : Chimay, Orval, Rochefort, Westmalle, Westvleteren and Achel. You'll think you have died and went to heaven.

Edited by holystove

Philistines....I give you poetry....some culture to try and raise the tone of the place and what thanks do I get? None :angry: .

Ah well....back to the gutter. This looks like a nice beer, anyone ever got their lips around one :mellow: ?

Go down a bit....

...go down a bit more...

beer.jpg

Impending doom here. My mother's coming to visit....I've probaly mentioned it on here before (because every time it consumes me) but my wife and her just don't get on at all. They'd probably fight in the street if I weren't here to deflect the thinly veiled jibes going back and forth :unsure: . God I hate it :( .

Impending doom here. My mother's coming to visit....I've probaly mentioned it on here before (because every time it consumes me) but my wife and her just don't get on at all. They'd probably fight in the street if I weren't here to deflect the thinly veiled jibes going back and forth :unsure: . God I hate it :( .

Are you selling tickets?

Are you selling tickets?

I'll set up a webcam :lol: .

Worst part is she's coming after seeing an aged relative....so I've no idea when she's going to arrive. It's like waiting for root canal work in the dentist's (in agony but anticipating worse) not knowing when you're going to be seen :( .

I'll set up a webcam :lol: .

Worst part is she's coming after seeing an aged relative....so I've no idea when she's going to arrive. It's like waiting for root canal work in the dentist's (in agony but anticipating worse) not knowing when you're going to be seen :( .

I look forward to seeing all the action then :P.

I hope by some miracle it isn't actually as bad as you think it'll be though! If only for your sanity.