IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

When I realised Margaret Thatcher was dead, I did a double fist pump and shouted ''Fucking brilliant!''

Everyone around me was disgusted, and looking back, I suppose it was out of order.

Especially as I was the first paramedic at the scene.

Edited by Zoo

When I realised Margaret Thatcher was dead, I did a double fist pump and shouted ''Fucking brilliant!''

Everyone around me was disgusted, and looking back, I suppose it was out of order.

Especially as I was the first paramedic at the scene.

laugh.png

That's a good piece, and Thatcher did have her hands full as leader of the country with the plight of 1980s soccer in this country. The Bradford fire disaster and Hillsborough would be prime examples, but on the whole of it, there was much more trouble and hooligan elements evident in those times on a regular basis and the game now is safer and more family friendly than during her tenure. There was a lot of families upset about her involvement in the Hillsborough incident and the handling by the South Yorkshire police, so I think any 'sport tribute' to her name, would may be ill-advised ? However you felt about her, loved or hated her and what she did, she was an immense figure and certainly got herself noticed, although it wasn't always for the better. Still can't bring myself to celebrate her passing. No state funeral also, last one was Churchill in '65 I think, and next one will be The Queen (in however long remains) so Mrs Thatcher will have a lesser occasion to herself. Still a little sad to see her go. If it was natural causes, good enough, but a stroke is something else. No-one deserves to go like that.

Whatever's #1 in the music charts now, be it the United Kingdom, overseas or as far off as New Zealand, doesn't mean much. No surprise that a majority of the Thatcher death enthusiasts are just kids who wouldn't even be largely aware of anything that occured in the 20th century and never even lived through her tenure or was a live witness. Just jump on a bandwagon and join in with berating. They don't know shit. Great example of some 21 year old bum in the news a day or two ago with a bottle of alcoholic beverage, just joining in and getting excited, because others (of a similar age) were getting carried away (or had nothing else to do or simply an excuse for a drink) These kids are just ignorant to the world.

Whatever's #1 in the music charts now, be it the United Kingdom, overseas or as far off as New Zealand, doesn't mean much. No surprise that a majority of the Thatcher death enthusiasts are just kids who wouldn't even be largely aware of anything that occured in the 20th century and never even lived through her tenure or was a live witness. Just jump on a bandwagon and join in with berating. They don't know shit. Great example of some 21 year old bum in the news a day or two ago with a bottle of alcoholic beverage, just joining in and getting excited, because others (of a similar age) were getting carried away (or had nothing else to do or simply an excuse for a drink) These kids are just ignorant to the world.

Do you write for the DailyFail? We all know you like to gnaw on weetabix, but to come on an Everton forum and spout such bollocks is pathetic. You do realise Everton reside in Liverpool, the City that arguably had the most potential in the country and should have been groomed into the economic capital of the country. However, it was shat all over by the fearful money grabbing south.

In answering to the most recent response

Thatcher was the epitome of evil. A worse dictator than Adolf, Stalin or Pol Pot. A supreme nasty and heinous individual.

At least that's what some see of it. Can't always buy into that thinking.

It's all about perspectives, no need for arguments. But point is, she made some people upset, and to others, there really wasn't a whole lot of difference. She closed down mining communities in the north, created great unemployment in those areas, other regions were less effected. Ok, there may have been areas of potential that suffered as a result of her tenure, but I don't have the same feelings as some others or wasn't directly effected. Bottom line is, some feel upset about what she stood for or what she did, and to others, just feel indifferent for the most part. People forget about the positives, such as getting the UK back when Argentina threatened in '82, that's just one example. She was of course leader when the Hillsborough incident occured in 1989, and she appeared to have a level of contempt for soccer and it's supporters, and people didn't get the answers they wanted, and so many things went unanswered. There's going to be a minutes silence at games this weekend in her honor apparently, which needless to say, many will be against the idea and there will be doubtless interruption, and you can appreciate that thinking, but by the same score, the country has just lot a pivotal figure and some will be going along with it. Still maintain you have to be of a certain age to speak out on this.

Edited by Dalziel Kane

I bet your family fit into the higher income category that benefitted. She's a cunt, and everyone who voted for her are worthless mindless bell ends or self centric greedy bastards. The country/world will never recover from her and the US's antics/horrible philosophy.

Well, she's gone now. Toast. A lot of people will be pleased enough, but I couldn't quite bring myself to condemn her, that's all. Not one for politics, and you feel whoever's in charge of this country now, while having moved on from her tenure, isn't going to make much difference from what came directly before. Look at what you have now, a couple of college boys in charge of the country damn it. At least Thatcher had a bit more motivation or get up and go, whether you liked her or not. Fair enough, it's not a name for everybody and she had her detractors. That can be appreciated.

I bet your family fit into the higher income category that benefitted. She's a cunt, and everyone who voted for her are worthless mindless bell ends or self centric greedy bastards. The country/world will never recover from her and the US's antics/horrible philosophy.

Jeez Pete, do you have to?

Surely a little verbal restraint might be in order.

Jeez Pete, do you have to?

Surely a little verbal restraint might be in order.

Why, is there anything in the posts last 2 sentences that you don't agree with? All this faux-liberal bull shit is doing my head in, she's dead good riddance and shame on anyone who condones her actions or even worse admires them.

Why, is there anything in the posts last 2 sentences that you don't agree with? All this faux-liberal bull shit is doing my head in, she's dead good riddance and shame on anyone who condones her actions or even worse admires them.

Are you seriously asking why?

She's a cunt, and everyone who voted for her are worthless mindless bell ends or self centric greedy bastards.

Is there any need mate? Come on. dont%20know.gif

Thatcher was the epitome of evil. A worse dictator than Adolf, Stalin or Pol Pot. A supreme nasty and heinous individual.

At least that's what some see of it.

Ridiculous (first two sentences anyway, the third has some merit)....you lose any credibility for your argument if you pretend that's what you're arguing against.

Some speak on Thatcher as though she sent thousands of people to extermination camps and it wasn't quite like that.

Who?

May be outrageous to some, but most people will feel nothing but indifference towards it.

Fairly damning of the human race there DK....people being treated appallingly and most are indifferent? Hope you're not including yourself among the apathetic.

If you're right then the world's an even more sad and pitiful place than I thought it was.