IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Stupidity of the young.

Don't know that it's stupidity....people have been climbing mountains for hundreds of years (with less secure hand holds). Maybe these can't afford to travel to stretch themselves. People have always climbed mountains "because they're there," this might be the modern equivalent.

Personally I can't cope with walking over a motorway bridge without a mild panic attackunsure.png .

Don't know that it's stupidity....people have been climbing mountains for hundreds of years (with less secure hand holds). Maybe these can't afford to travel to stretch themselves. People have always climbed mountains "because they're there," this might be the modern equivalent.

Personally I can't cope with walking over a motorway bridge without a mild panic attackunsure.png .

You don't get mountaineers hanging on to ledges with one hand for a laugh.

Recent news story from Devon that needs some tidying up. Customers praised for their bravery, but what exactly was going on down there, unless the man had a heart condition. I don't condone armed raids or these type of events, but a man lost his life here, and there appears to be a bit of sorting out with this. Have a look and see what you think

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21213789

Lemmings do not commit suicide. They migrate in large groups when a population density becomes too large for them to live in. Lemmings can swim and will choose this option should they need to and this is why they are known to jump off cliffs into water (so that they can swim to a new habitat). Often in places such as Sweden and Norway large groups will reach cliff edges in an attempt to migrate and will stop there until their need to migrate grows too great so that they are forced to jump off the cliff and start swimming to new land (which can lead to exhaustion and therefore death). Lemmings are also often pushed over the cliff by others as so many of them migrate at once.

They do not commit suicide - it's a misconception.

Lemmings do not commit suicide. They migrate in large groups when a population density becomes too large for them to live in. Lemmings can swim and will choose this option should they need to and this is why they are known to jump off cliffs into water (so that they can swim to a new habitat). Often in places such as Sweden and Norway large groups will reach cliff edges in an attempt to migrate and will stop there until their need to migrate grows too great so that they are forced to jump off the cliff and start swimming to new land (which can lead to exhaustion and therefore death). Lemmings are also often pushed over the cliff by others as so many of them migrate at once.

They do not commit suicide - it's a misconception.

I learnt that from watching QI.

Scholes lives in a house ?

and - Ice Bandits FFS ?

All Scholes had to do was wait a day or two until the weather changed and he could have avoided this little misfortune. Thought it was freaking April out and about today damn it. 20 degrees up from Friday, and only a few days after heavy snowfall. Crazy fucking weather, and I got irritated enough with it all. Scholes has got money to burn. He won't be too upset

I've been involved with computers for the best part of 30 years but some of the stuff they put together now is just frightening, it's all so advanced today with everything, and wouldn't even want to attempt the above. Beginners or not, I just don't think I'd have the patience for it, so it's as good as dead in the water for me. Not to say one day I wouldn't attempt things like that, but seems doubtful

Today is Groundhog Day

You've seen the movie, man gets stuck in a small Penn state town and relives the same day - over and over again, although I can fucking appreciate that, as can most other other individuals reading this item

For the uneducated, some rodent appears out of a box and if he sees a shadow, it's all dependant on the next weeks of weather. The movie was fun, but this has always been a nonsense event.

http://earthsky.org/earth/groundhog-day-2013-how-accurate-is-punxsutawney-phil

Was lying in bed last night wondering how I was going to get three of us plus luggage to Gatwick Airport in July on a motor bike.....I'd just decided on two trips when I woke up and remembered I had a car.

Was a relief I can tell youunsure.png .

medication not working any more mate ;)

I never was one for women with large breasts, but then Dolly Parton is one of my favorite music artists. Just good music is what is, appearances seem irrelevant.

Years ago there was this 'woman' called Lolo Ferrari or something, who decided (after frequent implantations) on having the most embarrassing pair imaginable, and probably succeeded. In the end she died at an early age with nothing more than a series of badly done X-rated movies and unsavory attention and not much more. Only what I remember or was aware of, you understand