IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

May be a clue in the fact that there's been few cases of haunted elevators.

But it must have been quite something for those involved, that kid looks quite creepy for the very instant you first see it, and of course some would have a spontaneous reaction.

That kid becomes more annoying than threatening after so much time above all else. But you think someone in a weakened condition, or with a heart problem, there could be a serious incident with this. It's easy to go beyond what some may see as a simple joke or bit of fun and have some unfortunate consequences.

What if someone had hit her?

Not remotely funny for me.

That was my first thought

I don't know which version was linked because it's been taken down I've seen 2 different ones. But there's one which is in a hall and there's a close call, a woman runs towards the girl and the parents/guardians(?) were just round the corner and they came out and held her, almost comforting her, it was quite sad to watch

It's when she starts screaming, that's more irritating than anything else after the first time, but does almost work for the very first time it's shown.

I think all said, it was a stupid thing to do. Yes organizers may of had their little bit of fun, but there was a real chance that something unsavory could have occured with all that.

Back in the nineteeth century, people would charge you entry into their workshops, to see the 'resident ghost' and someone would emerge from a hole in the floor wearing a white sheet and groaning, and people would run screaming. Doesn't quite work today

I just can't see how this has caused so much controversy, what happened to just taking things as a joke? As a TV prank it's obviously had the checks needed to ensure it was safe and I think sometimes people are just looking for an excuse to moan because they have nothing better to do. The UK in general has become so quick to get 'offended' and complain and it's fucking ridiculous.

Light hearted fun if a little girl gets a broken nose (but she didnt) or a middle aged overweight woman has a heart attack (again, she didn't)?

If any 'funny' video is broadcast and something went wrong, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be seen/shown.

Do those who disprove of the elevator prank, watch such programmes like 'You've been Framed' or Canded Camera? If so...what are your thoughts?

Using your argument. What if the guy who got smacked in the balls by a baseball, had to have his testies removed because of a ruptured bollock, and his life long dream of having children is no longer possible...see, that's not funny.

It's all 'what ifs'. I understand your argument Mike but it's funny because noone got hurt. It's harmless! Ok that examples are extreme, but there's hundreds of thousands of examples of pranks and jokes, which didn't hurt anybody or leave people physiologically disturbed.

I agree with the notion that if an innocent person is hurt or scarred (physically or mentally) as a direct result of a random attack, then I agree it's wrong. Happy slapping for example, is not a 'prank'...it's mindless violence that scrubby c*nts accept as cheap humour. That's not acceptable.

The broadcast pranks will have done their research, know their 'victoms' and probably have doctors or consultants to advise them on the 'what's what'.

I didn't expect that sort of reaction to the video but from now on, I'll write a warning for those who might not find themselves on a similar wavelength, when it comes to humour. I don't want to upset or offend, I thought it was funny and shared it. Apologies to those who didn't.

....I think sometimes people are just looking for an excuse to moan because they have nothing better to do. The UK in general has become so quick to get 'offended' and complain and it's fucking ridiculous.

That's just plain thick. I clicked "View new Content" and gave my opinion (as did everyone who didn't like it I guess) so for you to come over all sanctimonious is what's ridiculous. We're allowed to disagree.

If any 'funny' video is broadcast and something went wrong, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be seen/shown.

So that would have been OK then.....if someone gets hurt don't put it on TV and it doesn't matter?

Candid Camera was funny for about two episodes when I was fourteen but I grew out of it by fourteen and a half...always hated You've been Framed.

Don't be so defensive lads.....you're allowed to like it same as people are allowed not tosmile.png .