IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Today is Trevor Steven's Birthday, 49 Years Old

also, Richard Dunne, obscure player from Smith era, 33 years old

Today in 2010, Brentford cause another Toffee upset by beating us in the League Cup tournament.

Dunne, obscure? Infamous premiership player, due to his red cards and own goals.

Today is Trevor Steven's Birthday, 49 Years Old

also, Richard Dunne, obscure player from Smith era, 33 years old

Today in 2010, Brentford cause another Toffee upset by beating us in the League Cup tournament.

Would all these sporting anniversaries you have so impressively commited to memory not be better posted in the "Longest thread for Sport" DK?

This thread is supposed to be for irrelevant bollocks.

I was pressed for time and just included it where I thought it may be appropriate.

But yeah, it's been said before this is the miscellaneous index where anything goes, most, if not all, boards have them. People get bored pretty damn quick etc.

Maybe a mention on here some time after midnight and before 6am Monday? Not making any promises.. In all probability I won't even touch it.

dear lord (excuse the pun), that is a shitty attempt at restoration!

I'm not artsy, but even I found it to be more sad than funny, shocking what she has done. They should paint an apple over the face and claim it's in homage to The Son of Man. I can't believe she has the cheek to ask for royalties.

I'm not artsy, but even I found it to be more sad than funny, shocking what she has done. They should paint an apple over the face and claim it's in homage to The Son of Man. I can't believe she has the cheek to ask for royalties.

Maybe it was the apple of her eye? wink.png Let the puns begin! Did I pip anyone to it? Or is this getting away from the core of the subject? Edited by Matt

Today - 24 September is -

Anders Limpar - 47 years old. Disappointing purchase in 1994 that won an FA cup winners medal and won us a nothing penalty on the last day game with Wimbledon in 1993-94. Exciting midfield prospect with Kanchelskis for a short time,

Today in 1996 - I can remember where and when - a 3 -2 reverse at lower league York City sees Toffees eliminated from the League Cup tourney today in 1996 (1-1, 2-3) Royle was manager and later that season beaten by Bradford City in the FA cup in February 1997. Royle was fired a few weeks after. It was an embarrassment for cup tourneys that season.

Today in 2005 - Wigan Athletic take a 1 - 0 success at Goodison Park, Toffee's fourth home defeat in a row in all competitions

Today - 24 September is -

Anders Limpar - 47 years old. Disappointing purchase in 1994 that won an FA cup winners medal and won us a nothing penalty on the last day game with Wimbledon in 1993-94. Exciting midfield prospect with Kanchelskis for a short time,

Today in 1996 - I can remember where and when - a 3 -2 reverse at lower league York City sees Toffees eliminated from the League Cup tourney today in 1996 (1-1, 2-3) Royle was manager and later that season beaten by Bradford City in the FA cup in February 1997. Royle was fired a few weeks after. It was an embarrassment for cup tourneys that season.

Today in 2005 - Wigan Athletic take a 1 - 0 success at Goodison Park, Toffee's fourth home defeat in a row in all competitions

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24486-dks-random-facts/

Just so these things you remember / look up are in the right place and consolidated... Sorry but its irritating me that all these facts are sporting related and not in the general sports part....

what do you mean by nothing penalty?

Don't you remember the game in question?, Limpar made a run into the area, at the end where development was taking place, no fans, just a few construction workers in attendance, and Peter Fear I think it was (damn fine name), made the most innocuous challenge you will ever see, just on the inside of area, Limpar goes down, rolls halfway to Birkenhead and the referee awards a penalty kick (we were 0-2 behind at the time of incident)

What with that and the Stuart goal near the end, I still don't know how we survived that day. Limpar didn't get on well with the other guys of the team on first arrival in 1994, and took quite a while to be accepted or feel at home, however you want to word it.

Don't you remember the game in question?, Limpar made a run into the area, at the end where development was taking place, no fans, just a few construction workers in attendance, and Peter Fear I think it was (damn fine name), made the most innocuous challenge you will ever see, just on the inside of area, Limpar goes down, rolls halfway to Birkenhead and the referee awards a penalty kick (we were 0-2 behind at the time of incident)

What with that and the Stuart goal near the end, I still don't know how we survived that day. Limpar didn't get on well with the other guys of the team on first arrival in 1994, and took quite a while to be accepted or feel at home, however you want to word it.

i was there..never seen anythin like it..i just wasn't sure what you meant by a nothing penalty..seemed an odd term to use..it was a dive but the penalty meant far from nothing

I'm afraid politicians the world over invariably lack a certain commonsense, the United States is no different, a poor attempt at humor or whatever.. I don't think Romney will ever be elected though, and not really interested in politics, never have been, never will be. I no longer live in the US, so should maybe concentrate on the mess the UK government are doing rather than affairs back home.

Im assuming this an example of sarcasm?

Irony, or my post?

Irony is much more light hearted than sarcasm, which is much more aggressive.

Many comedians use irony as their main tool, but not everybody understands it, and instead there is a literal logic response that presumes the user is being serious. Unfortunately for me, most of my own humour is based around irony, which often gets me taken the wrong way. It would be a bad idea to offer irony to one with Aspergers for example.

On topic, I'm fairly sure that a man with the background of a leading politician will be more than aware of why plane windows remain closed, although they do say that irony is wasted upon Americans, so no wonder he was taken literally.