IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

I honestly can't tell if people are being sincere or not. I was quite rushed this afternoon at time of initial response and guessed at once that couldn't possibly be his new car, simply doesn't fit the profile. Maybe a frequently owned jalopy or something but nothing so extravagant as mentioned. Then now, I think it could be true, then moments later I had my doubts again. I'm still very skeptical about all this and have every reason to be, but will let it lie.

Oh great, I've just found out that my old college is haunted.

I left my college in June 2012 and spent nearly a year in the place which is supposed to be haunted (beginning the year in September 2011). Now before I begin I'm as skeptical as the next person about the paranormal but I have to say that whenever we were in the building it did seem rather eerie. It was a two-floored building that was reletavly new but one which felt 'odd' and it's a feeling that I can't describe unless someone has been within a building that is supposidly home to ghosts.

I've left now as you all know and in the news this week is the reports of a ghost being sighted on the motorway bridge (about a 10 minute walk from the campus) and the bridge in question is the one which connects the town to Langtree Park (home of St.Helens Rugby Club). Apparantly this is what happened;

Only last weekend my mum and dad were up there shopping when they crossed the bridge over the road towards Tesco when my dad noticed a young lad of about 13/14 coming towards him. What made him look at this kid was the fact that the kid had grey hair!

As he passed, my dad said to my mum "did you see that kid’s hair?

"To which my mum replied "what kid?"

When they both turned round there was nobody on the bridge. My dad was shocked, he said there was nowhere this kid could have disappeared so quick. He even checked over the sides of the bridge nobody there

^so that's what all the fuss is about at the moment regarding the 'Ghost on the Bridge' but in one of the comments I found this.

plenty of sightings of ghost all around the town centre,when they knocked the church down and dug up the grave yard to build the tech college extension staff refused to go in the theatre because of sightings and had it exorcised

^strange how the building was always eerie with me or my friends knowing anything about this ghost story. Now that I've learned about the history of the place I have to say it gives me the chills. I'm unsure if I'm a firm believer in the paranormal but I have to say I'm a little shaken up by the events that have un-folded in recent weeks.

Edited by Zoo

a girl in my class had grey/white hair when we were 13 years old..and the kid could have simply ran off..how does he know how quick the kid was?

never believed in ghosts..until people can prove otherwise there is nothin there imo

It's all in the head. Untill one says any different, I stand by it being pyscological.

There must have been a plausible explanation to that kid sighting. I do believe in the paranormal, have a genuine interest, you have to be skeptical when the time arises.

Today (25 august), Billy Bingham took charge of his first game as Everton manager, lost to Revie's dirty Leeds side, on this day in 1973.

Today in 1992, Toffees' first ever premier league win, a 1-0 home success against Aston Villa, Maurice Johnston got the only goal. I don't remember this game, even though I know I should.

i don't get the people who believe in it having never witnessed anything they consider to be strange

me and my dad were driving along once and heard a train like it was right next to us..it was about 1am..no train track for about 10 miles..very odd but there will have been an explanation for it

me and my dad were driving along once and heard a train like it was right next to us..it was about 1am..no train track for about 10 miles..very odd but there will have been an explanation for it

I was driving over Exmoor (on my own) when Josh was a baby and I heard him cry really clearly....freaked me out so I pulled over and phoned home. At the exact same moment he'd fallen out of his high chair and banged his head!

Also seen many ghostly figures in the past but the doctors called that delirium tremensunsure.png .

I was driving over Exmoor (on my own) when Josh was a baby and I heard him cry really clearly....freaked me out so I pulled over and phoned home. At the exact same moment he'd fallen out of his high chair and banged his head!

Also seen many ghostly figures in the past but the doctors called that delirium tremensunsure.png .

Ah, that explains it!

Sorry Josh! :lol:

i don't get the people who believe in it having never witnessed anything they consider to be strange

It sounds like phantom trains, tracks pulled up and no longer in existence, where phantom locomotives still are evident. Never seen such a thing, but apparently these things are widespread around the country.

http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/reports/rail.php?pageNum_paradata=6&totalRows_paradata=171

Today (August 28)

1954 - an attendance of 77,000 people saw us beat Preston North End at Goodison Park. (wasn't that the year we were relegated last or came up from the second division?, one or the other)

1937 - William Ralph Dean scores his last goal as an Everton player sad.png

1975 - Gareth Farrelly is born. Not a player that lived long in the memory, but thanks for the last day endeavors in 1997/98

Today, Windsor Davies is 82 Years Old. I thought he was now deceased but apparently he's alive and well and celebrates a birthday today. I saw repeats of him in 70's British 'comedy' show It Ain't Half Hot Mum, some years after the original broadcasts, and he teamed up with Don Estelle (no longer with us) to do Whispering Grass. Happy Birthday Big Man

Not a date in history I care to remember, so we'll get it out the way before it really gets underway, but 29 August -

1978 - Robert Latchford scores five goals in one game, the last Everton player to achieve this, as we beat the now defunct Wimbledon 8 - 0 in a League Cup game. Last time Toffees scored eight goals in any game

1981 - Howard Kendall takes charge of an Everton game for the first time ever against Birmingham. It would be a bit of a wait for success but there you are.

1909 - ex player and manager Cliff Britton is born. Once again, hats off to anyone old enough to remember his tenure. (Last manager we had when club was relegated)

I had to make an edit.

And still we continue by saying that August 30 -

1930 - Toffees first ever game outside the first division, a win at Plymouth Argyle in the old second division

1995 - a 2 - 0 success at Manchester City. Think this was when Alan Ball was manager maybe, they went down on the last day of the season I think. Nothing like what we have today. Fifth game on the road with a clean sheet.

Whats up with the main index page listings not being available to non members or causal viewers? (once again)

This happened before, and many agreed that it was best left as it was, so that anybody is free to look through discussions. I know of a couple of other soccer fan sites of other clubs that did this in recent times, so people can't look in on discussions without first registering. I just prefered it as it was up 'til today, i.e. could just read whatever was talked about without the need to join in. Now once again, people won't be able to see what is being said (non members), I do think there is some good talk on these pages every now and again, and now outsiders don't have the benefit of that?

Today, Windsor Davies is 82 Years Old. I thought he was now deceased but apparently he's alive and well and celebrates a birthday today. I saw repeats of him in 70's British 'comedy' show It Ain't Half Hot Mum, some years after the original broadcasts, and he teamed up with Don Estelle (no longer with us) to do Whispering Grass. Happy Birthday Big Man

Miserable sod, why are all warrant officers all orrible feckers?

Hanging was abolished in the UK in the 1950s, and they're not going to string you up for being fucking intoxicated. Maybe in some countries, but the United Kingdom quite hasn't reached those levels yet, just give them enough time though..

Incidentally, was out and about a week or two ago, and those two fucking Idiots were stumbling about and all over the place, after drinking Heineken all night ?! I didn't quite understand.

Today in 1986 - we beat Oxford United at Home, the 49th consecutive match at Goodison Park where we scored a goal. Damn impressive.