IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

People playing silly fuckers?, you know damn well what I'm talking about, just cut it out

Today we beat Manchester City 9 -1 ! but that was 106 years ago... mellow.png

First ever game at Goodison Park! - a 2 -2 score with Nottingham Forest, way back in 1892

First ever game at Goodison Park outside the first division - a 2 -1 success over Preston North End

Archie Styles has a Birthday today - 62 Years Old!

I had some initial problems early yesterday morning with log in. I wasn't in the mood for any nonsense. In any event, there was no harm done and I thought no more of it. I like to believe there was no malice intended.

I heard a few hours ago the guy who was in The Green Mile, tall guy, after seven feet tall, has died after a short illness apparently, there was quite some talk about it here and there, but I just felt totally indifferent to the news, but someone may be a fan of the movie or actor and find it relevant.

No former Everton player has a Birthday today, and only one match took place today back in 1937 and a defeat to neighbors Blackpool. It was the 14th game without a win in all competitions. Fucking strange really, considering the fine team we had the time, Ralph Dean had just left though, so that may have been a factor. would have effected anybody losing a player of that stature.

I had some initial problems early yesterday morning with log in. I wasn't in the mood for any nonsense. In any event, there was no harm done and I thought no more of it. I like to believe there was no malice intended.

Just for the record/future reference....if you ever have trouble logging on DK (or anyone) it's a site problem of some sort, not a malicious personal attack. No-one is playing "silly fuckers" so no-one can cut anything outsmile.png.

You don't matter enough for any one to personally block you from the site or whatever. No one matters enough for that. So stop being such a paranoid fool.

Paranoid , Maybe. (Sometimes). A Fool, No.

What Michael said is good enough. It was a site malfunction. I came in late, had a few malt whiskies, encountered some initial problems, and being of a suspicious nature, just assumed all sorts of things. I was jumping to conclusions maybe. Everything is find and dandy. There has been a number of site malfunctions in recent months, so what I may have experienced on Sunday was just another continuation. As Mark pointed out, I was maybe being paranoid. Suspicion got the better of me. I apologize for any wrongful thinking.

I had a go with a Slinky once, must have been the best part of 30 years ago. They don't work I found, put them on a flight of steps, push it over, or let it go, it goes as far as the first step and just comes to a halt or falters. They are to toy manufacturing, what Tomas Brolin was to the introduction of British soccer. Furthermore, Years ago, recieved a present from some relatives who went to Australia, and they brought back a boomerang.

Needless to say, when thrown, it didn't come back.

Today, 11th of September, a date some of us will never be able to forget sad.png , provides some former players with a Birthday

Slaven Bilic, reliable defensive unit of the Smith era, 44 years old today

John Spenser, disappointing midfield capture, mid 1990s, 42 years old today

Terry Owen (Michaels father) - short lived Everton player, 63 years old today

No significant games played today in history..

Today, 11th of September, a date some of us will never be able to forget sad.png , provides some former players with a Birthday

Slaven Bilic, reliable defensive unit of the Smith era, 44 years old today

John Spenser, disappointing midfield capture, mid 1990s, 42 years old today

Terry Owen (Michaels father) - short lived Everton player, 63 years old today

No significant games played today in history..

Are you for fucking real? Bigoted on the hello page and now this total pisstake of a lack of respect, especially considering your rant a few days ago regarding the bbc. Turn it in.

Today is the Birthday of one Neville Southall, finest goalkeeper I ever saw at Everton, as with Sagar, 54 Years old now of all things ohmy.png

An Everton legend if ever there was one, forget your Fergusons, Fellaini's, Arteta's and Cottee's, this man truly deserves his place in Goodison legendary status. Provided at least 20 points to the team alone during our 1984-85 Championship season, amongst all the other sometimes outstanding endeavors in goal and helping us to successes during his time at the club.

Have a good day Mr Southall celebrate.gif

one of my biggest heroes..now and as a kid..idolised him when i was younger

i remember that 95 final..he was outstanding..one bit it didn't show in that which stood out for me was when the ball came high into a crowded area and nev just stuck his arm up and caught it one handed..and then just told everyone in sight to fuck off...fantastic

happy birthday big man!

Edited by marcopaulo

That's odd, it's disappeared.

The incident in question was very near the end of the game when they had a corner or free kick I remember and there was only seconds left, just before Amokachi ran away and almost got a second at the very end when Schmichael was up the other end. Just put up his arm and rolled down it, I remember it vividly. Some of the saves that day were a bit exaggerated, if it had been the oscars Southall would have got a razzy award, but because it was such a big occasion it brought more attention to his game. He did well, but David Watson got man of the match if I remember.

They were about the same age on final day, and even continued for a couple of years more at the club as very good club servants.

Once again, a salute to one of the greatest players Everton football club has ever seen. It was a pleasure to have seen him play. Happy Birthday.

I just read this fine piece on Southall and working with some of todays troubled generation. Well worth a read if you can fight your way past the damn commercials.

http://www.independe...es-8117949.html

That's a nice piece....bit of a mistake at the end though....

Honours won at Everton Cup Winners' Cup (1985), First Division title (1985, 1987), FA Cup (1984, 1995), League Cup (1984).