IGNORED

Portsmouth. (home)

Bill

Arghh. I have to miss the game today. I've got Gastric Flu, can't move without being sick. Rubbish. Can't believe its only second home game and I have to miss it, fucking rubbish.

I'd be happy with a draw today though, i think Pompey will have way to much for us though, we have been shit in every game so far this season.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Vaughan returns to Everton's starting line-up for the visit of Portsmouth.

The striker replaces Jose Baxter in the team, and is the only change to the side named by David Moyes.

New signing Lars Jacobsen is on the bench, alongside Victor Anichebe who is back from Olympic duty.

The defence is unchanged from last week, and includes Phil Neville, Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott and Leighton Baines.

The four man midfield features Leon Osman, Mikel Arteta, Phil Jagielka and Jack Rodwell, while Vaughan partners Yakubu up front.

Alongside Jacobsen and Anichebe in reserve are Iain Turner, Nuno Valente, John Paul Kissock, James Wallace and Baxter.

Pompey include Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe in their starting line-up.

Team:

Howard

Neville, Lescott, Yobo, Baines

Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Jagielka

Vaughan, Yak

Bench:

Anichebe, Jacobsen, Turner, Valente, Baxter, Wallace and Kissok.

Still the same weak looking team made up of too many defenders but I think getting Vaughan in from the start will be good, he made a big difference when he came on last week. Hopefully a few new faces to the squad for the next game.

Why oh why does he persist in playing Jags/Rodwell in CM to start the matches, it's the least creative midfield in history and there is a distinct lack of pace. Get Arteta in there, he's our best player by a mile and will never get on the ball with those 2 in midfield. To be honest, with the players we have we should be playing 532 at the moment, get Baines and Neville going down the wings. We have 3 excellent CBs and Osman and Arteta could easily do a job in a midfield 3.

Edited by carlmc25

Neville not playing that badly, Baines great going forward, Yakubu's delivery is good, Arteta so unlucky.

If it wasn't for the score and our back 4 this would be okay.

Bring on valente, take off Rodwell, move Ossie to the centre and let baines play LM

Edited by Grarghsies