IGNORED

Portsmouth. (home)

Bill

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portsmouth arn't that good with Krancjar. I can still see it being a tough game but I'm more than confident of the win. Yakubu's good form will help us and with the likes of Osman and Arteta already with goals in the season we could see more midlfield and winger goals.

My prediction is that we will score early with Yakubu. His good form is giving him real confidence and he played well against West Brom. From there we will keep going and nick another before half-time. Second-Half will see us defend and allow Portsmouth to have some chances but Howard will stay strong and keep his first clean-sheet of the season. 2-0 Everton.

I'm going to reserve judgement untill the end of the week to see what kind of squad we have. If we bring in two more midfielders then i'll be more confident, at the moment though i think we will loose, regardless of what the man pompey result is.

Jamie, we've signed the magnificant Jacobsen now who is exactly what we've been crying out for so how can you need to reserve judgement? ;)

Jacobsen hat-trick :P

1-0

Nevile to boss the mid and drive through on goal in the last min smash it ......... hit the post come back to him.... smash it again hit the bar........... then for it to drop down a Jimmy V's head ;)

I think Pompey smell blood and will be looking at us for there first points of the season, we will have to be at our best to match them to be honest. I want to be proved wrong but I can see a Pompey 0-3 scoreline :(

However as mentioned earlier in the thread maybe their morale will be low, we shall wait and see. Would love Yak to bury them though ;)

id assume with neville and hibbo out our lineup might look something like this:

--------------------HOWARD----------------------

--JACOBSEN---YOBO----LESCOTT---BAINES--

--------------------JAGIELKA---------------------

-----OSMAN-------RODWELL--------ARTETA----

--------------------VAUGHAN---------------------

---------------------YAKUBU----------------------

Bench:

Valente

Baxter

Turner

Anichebe (if he's back and playing)

Gosling

Wallace

Irving

hopefully some new signings by the end of the week might feature as well...

If Neville is injured and missing, this is about as good as we can get, unless we sign Moutinho before Saturday.

.................. HOWARD .......................

JACOBSON .. YOBO .. JAGIELKA .. LESCOTT

OSMAN ... CASTILLO .. RODWELL .. ARTETA

.............VAUGHAN .... YAKUBU .................

If Neville is injured and missing, this is about as good as we can get, unless we sign Moutinho before Saturday.

.................. HOWARD .......................

JACOBSON .. YOBO .. JAGIELKA .. LESCOTT

OSMAN ... CASTILLO .. RODWELL .. ARTETA

.............VAUGHAN .... YAKUBU .................

Jacobsen has only played once in the last 3 months so I don't think Moyes will throw him straight in Bill. I bloody hope not anyway.

I am queitly confident of a win. Portsmouth have a few weaknesses, Pedro Mendes has left for Rangers and they're low on morale, and I can't see any of thier strikers scoring past Tim Howard.

Plus they have to play us at home, so it will be all the more harder, trying to get your first point of the season in front of a loud Everton crowd. I can really see them struggling against us, we just need to keep our focus and concentrate on the game. If we can do that Portsmouth shoulden't be much of a challenge. A good three points in the bag, looking ahead to Hull City.

Howard, Jacobsen, Jags, Yobo, Lescott, Arteta, Castillo, Osman, Obinna, Yak, Vaughan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subs: Turner, Neville, Valente, Baines, Rodwell, Baxter, Anichebe

Edited by toffee77

Ill Think difference in this game is on mental side and i expect us to win this one. Hopefully lads founded their fightingspirit at last match and wanna also show homecrowd they can play well. Pompey is a good side, but usuallu better at home. They have had tough games and ill think they would be happy to get a draw from Goodison. Now we got defensive midfielder, will he start today? Saha is a bit mystery for me. If he will find back hes good days he could get useful for us and we might have dangerous top 2 up there, unfortunately im just hoping he can even play about 10 games this year. We will win today 2-1 with Yakubu netting em both :D