IGNORED

Portsmouth. (home)

Bill

I fucking hate being right!

Truth is mate not many argued with you, the truth hurts sometimes.

It wasn't that many years ago when we lost the first six or eight then went on an unbeaten run. The trouble is this term we should be challenging for top spot based on last season and the opponents we have played. I trust in Moyes and we have the international break to get in right, I hope that he does :)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is mate not many argued with you, the truth hurts sometimes.

It wasn't that many years ago when we lost the first six or eight then went on an unbeaten run. The trouble is this term we should be challenging for top spot based on last season and the opponents we have played. I trust in Moyes and we have the international break to get in right, I hope that he does :)

Jimmy, we have two days to get it right. The international break won't help us one bit if we haven't made the neccessary signings :(

Jimmy, we have two days to get it right. The international break won't help us one bit if we haven't made the neccessary signings :(

I don't think anyone else will be coming in, I can't see any of the so called big names coming here especially after today so we will have to get by with what we've got. I knew we'd miss Lee Carsley but even I did expect a melt down to this degree. AJ was never going to be a big loss, defences used to sheppard him to a corner and that was that. From the regular playing pool of last season we are only three down counting Wessels. Why should we collapse like this can only be explain by tactics, Lescott wants to play in the middle, hes fucking lost in the middle, Moyes wants jags to play in the Carsley role when he is better in the middle. Like many have said I just hope that Castillo, that great unknown, can replace Cars if so then we reurn to last seasons format.

This Nigerian kid will give the attack some pace. It is my understanding that Vic seemed to still be in China when he came on today, I've said it before he is not good enough.

Romey I hope we won't have a shitting ourselves season this year, I hope that as I write the lights will be burning bright in GP with phone calls winging there way around the world seeking out players to come to our rescue, I hope :angry::rolleyes:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

This Nigerian kid will give the attack some pace. It is my understanding that Vic seemed to still be in China when he came on today, I've said it before he is not good enough.

Let's hope we can actually sign Obinna with this trouble with the work permit.

You're spot on about Vic, he's just not good enough for us or the Premier League tbh.

Let's hope we can actually sign Obinna with this trouble with the work permit.

You're spot on about Vic, he's just not good enough for us or the Premier League tbh.

You know I've been unable to watch it, told a brother in law red to fuck off on the phone and kicked the bloody cat (the daughter gave it a red collar) but like me we'll get over it but not just yet

These games proved only one thing to me... we could have been screwed even last season if only not for Carsley....

Surely he is greatly missed...the unsung hero who did the dirty work but flair players and forwards took the credit every other game....

Wish we can pay him double of what he is currently earning and bring him back to Goodison for 2 years!!!

.....sigh

We lost for the following reasons:

Dafoe played well

Lescott was CB when he should be playing as LB

Jag was in midfield when he should be playing as CB

We have yet again showed little or no creativity in moving fowards. Morover the 3 excellent chances to score we did not take.

Moyes and co. have infused an aura of dread

In my opinion all is in our hands. If we reshuffle our defence and get a decent playermaker as Gravison was in the past we can go a long way. Furthermore once we win 2 matches on the trot maybe the gloom will start to end.

Last but not least we should start praying daily for some bilionnaire to buy Everton, but who has Everton at heart as BK does

Edited by malmic

In my opinion all is in our hands. If we reshuffle our defence and get a decent playermaker as Gravison was in the past we can go a long way. Furthermore once we win 2 matches on the trot maybe the gloom will start to end.

Last season the way people ranted on you would have thought we were in the bottom 5 not the top 5 so its only to be expected

Agree though that all moyes hard work can be undone this season

2 seasons ago we had a disasterous start and finished 6/7? after finishing fourth the season before

PMA

2 seasons ago we had a disasterous start and finished 6/7? after finishing fourth the season before

Didn't have a great start last season either....only thirteen points from the first ten games, the last of which was the derby which turned it around.

The world's not come to an end yet :) .

There was some good flashes in there yesterday I thought.

Granted I thought Lescott was at first for the first goal, but in the case of the other goals, it was definitely a case of us missing Carsley badly. There was no-one sitting in front of the defence to give the centre-backs time to re-organise. I remember watching the replay for the Glen Johnson goal and seeing the gaping space Johnson running into and thinking if this was last season I would've seen Carsley in there.

After going 2-0 down, even I could see we needed to reshuffle because Rodwell and Jagielka simply wasn't working in central midfield. Even with our limited bench, I thought a simple reshuffle of our pack would've worked wonders.

We had:

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Osman Jagielka Rodwell Arteta

Vaughan Yakubu

I would've gone to:

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Arteta Osman Rodwell Baines

Vaughan Yakubu

Baines is still able to get in his crosses, and Jagielka is back to doing what I think he does best, marking a striker. Osman is best in centre midfield, as he loves to shoot from the middle.

What do we all think?

Didn't have a great start last season either....only thirteen points from the first ten games, the last of which was the derby which turned it around.

The world's not come to an end yet :) .

there was one reason for that:

Tim Cahill

once he came back, we got our game on

Edited by troy

Granted I thought Lescott was at first for the first goal, but in the case of the other goals, it was definitely a case of us missing Carsley badly. There was no-one sitting in front of the defence to give the centre-backs time to re-organise. I remember watching the replay for the Glen Johnson goal and seeing the gaping space Johnson running into and thinking if this was last season I would've seen Carsley in there.

After going 2-0 down, even I could see we needed to reshuffle because Rodwell and Jagielka simply wasn't working in central midfield. Even with our limited bench, I thought a simple reshuffle of our pack would've worked wonders.

We had:

Howard

Vaughan Yakubu

I would've gone to:

Howard

Vaughan Yakubu

Baines is still able to get in his crosses, and Jagielka is back to doing what I think he does best, marking a striker. Osman is best in centre midfield, as he loves to shoot from the middle.

What do we all think?

In short I AGREE

We had:

Howard

Vaughan Yakubu

I would've gone to:

Howard

Vaughan Yakubu

What do we all think?

Dont you read the threads.??? if you look back over the last four pages you'll see what we all think. :rolleyes:

at the end of the day we're only really missing (permanently) one player from last year and that's Carsley. Aj and McFadden contributed little to our success. If Castillo can do Carsley's job then there is no reason to think we can't be in the running for the top 5/6 again once Cahill and Pienaar return. At the moment we'll struggle to beat anyone but once they're back we'll be a completely different team. It is still incredibly frustrating though, Liverpool and Arsenal have not really strengthened much at all and if we could have bought well then we could possibly have realistically aimed for 4th, now there is basically no chance unless there are some amazing signings tomorrow. Who knows who is to blame, but let's not all get too despondent, our season will turn around once Cahill and Pienaar return, we hardly won a game without Cahill last year. Aston Villa are still no great shakes, either are Pompey or Spurs, once we have everyone fit I'd expect Everton to beat any of them - AS LONG AS CASTILLO IS GOOD!

at the end of the day we're only really missing (permanently) one player from last year and that's Carsley. Aj and McFadden contributed little to our success. If Castillo can do Carsley's job then there is no reason to think we can't be in the running for the top 5/6 again once Cahill and Pienaar return. At the moment we'll struggle to beat anyone but once they're back we'll be a completely different team. It is still incredibly frustrating though, Liverpool and Arsenal have not really strengthened much at all and if we could have bought well then we could possibly have realistically aimed for 4th, now there is basically no chance unless there are some amazing signings tomorrow. Who knows who is to blame, but let's not all get too despondent, our season will turn around once Cahill and Pienaar return, we hardly won a game without Cahill last year. Aston Villa are still no great shakes, either are Pompey or Spurs, once we have everyone fit I'd expect Everton to beat any of them - AS LONG AS CASTILLO IS GOOD!

Nice post mate and I totally agree