IGNORED

Wigan (away)

toffee77

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We started this game really well, throughout the first quarter of an hour I thought that we would be at least one goal up. Cahill has had multiple chances to score and Saha was unlucky to be denied early on after Chris Kirkland made a fantastic save. We have allowed Wigan (who started diabolical) to get into the game and at times they have looked threatening. Valencia should have done better from his header - which he put over the bar from inside the 16-yard box. And along with Cattermole's late effort Howard has made some top draw saves to keep us in it. At the death I think it was Palassios that headed and somehow the American managed to keep it out. We've looked shakey towards the end of the half and I was more than relieved that the referee blew his whistle when he did.

I still think we will win, because we should and with the way we started the first half we could be a few goals in front now. Fellaini looks good so expect a goal from him. My guess is that we will get 2-0 up before Wigan claw one back in the closing stages to end the game at 2-1.

Nil all by the skin of our teeth.

Howard's a goalkeeping god! Fantastic saves left, right and centre. I don't know what Lescott's doing, 3 or few dodgy clearances by him alone. Not the only culprit, Jags isn't playing like his usual self. We're not pressuring the ball enough in my opinion, Palacios and Valencia are being invited to take those crosses and sooner or later Heskey is knocking one of them in. Speaking of Heskey, he's absolutely killing Yobo in the air.

Nil all by the skin of our teeth.

Howard's a goalkeeping god! Fantastic saves left, right and centre. I don't know what Lescott's doing, 3 or few dodgy clearances by him alone. Not the only culprit, Jags isn't playing like his usual self. We're not pressuring the ball enough in my opinion, Palacios and Valencia are being invited to take those crosses and sooner or later Heskey is knocking one of them in. Speaking of Heskey, he's absolutely killing Yobo in the air.

Heskey won't do much of a problem. It's the midfielders that are making the problems. Pallacios and Valencia are causing trouble along with Cattermole. Jagielka is playing well. I think that we are just getting used to his high standards and he's letting them slip slightly. I think the whole team played well altogether. Neville, Osman, Fellaini, Saha. Even Yakubu has looked good today. I'm pleased with him.

But yobo is keeping Heskey very quiet on the ground, out muscling him.

Was just going to say that. Yobo is doing well at keeping Heskey in his pocket on the field-wise. That one when he held him off so Howard could collect was good.

That was an absolute disgrace. Lescott and most of the team should be dropped after that performance. Baines looked OK even though he had little of the ball. Next time round he has to be in the team. Cahill and Yakubu just arn't good enough. Cahill should have scored that glorious chance at the end. I know that the pressure was high but as a proffessional footballer he should have put that into the back of the net and rescued a point.

Tim Howard was the only player that had any passion. A disgrace.

Absaoutely fucking useless.

hardly any chances, no one looks like scoring, defence are all over the shop and if Wigan could finish they'd have scored a couple in the first half.

Anyone know what was wrong with vaughan.

and why did moyes think bringing on an ex wigan defender would be a good move in the last 10? We had Jukewvitz (however it's spelt) on the bench, he might not have played any games in the league for us but he's a striker for fuck sake and can score goals.

We've been lucky with some good spirited finishes late on recently but now we've been shown up.

A good first 20 minutes but no real creativity then sloppy slow and lacking in ideas.

Anyone know what was wrong with vaughan.

and why did moyes think bringing on an ex wigan defender would be a good move in the last 10? We had Jukewvitz (however it's spelt) on the bench, he might not have played any games in the league for us but he's a striker for fuck sake and can score goals.

1) There is a thread on here mate, Everton Section I think, basically he's injured and would definatly miss the Wigan game at least. It's his knee, not the real bad one the other one but it's still pulled so bad he coulden't play.

2) I thought that Baines was a good choice. Make sure that the defence is still secure whislt attacking at the same time. Baines would defend and push up into attack it's just a shame he wasn't brought on sooner. Jutiwicz shoulden't have been brought on, it would have been his first game and under the circumstances he would not have delievered. Was a good decision from Moyes - just needed to be sooner.