IGNORED

Wigan (away)

toffee77

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the 4-5-1 may be back in favour for this one. After yesterdays point, Moyes will be looking for consolidation rather then attacking for the three points, not what i would want but feel he can be negative at times. However a similar result to last season looks on the card with Cahill getting back amongst the goals (if fit and playing).

If we keep Zaki quiet then we will be more than happy. Wigan are near the bottom and not playing particurlarly well and shoulden't be much of a problem to overturn, the only problem with Wigan is that they are lucky. I mean, look at Bramble's goal against Newcastle last week, lucky but it got them a point.

I think that we should and will win. 3-0 with Fellaini, Saha and Jagielka to score. I have a feeling Jags will get something. I don't know why :)

With Jags on song I cant see Zaki being a worry, But i though we would steam roll Middleborough <_<

Cahill will have to do alot to justify his place in the team, but to be fair to the lad he did feed of Arteta's crossing and set pieces...and we all now that has been somewhat lacking in recent weeks :angry:

I will be chanting loud as ever, but im not as confident as one should be going to the JJB stadium.

My quess ;) A scrappy 1-0 with Sahe coming up trumps :D

Edited by BlueNose1878

After a frantic 10 minutes of Blues onslaught – Holden’s side got what they deserved on 24 minutes when Jutkiewicz connected with a Tony Hibbert cross. His powerful header into the bottom right hand corner of the goal gave the Newcastle keeper no chance.

It looks like Tony Hibbert got an assist in that game, maybe he's having a nice spell at Everton now, or has he just found his level of football? I would go for the second option but I'm pleased to see him getting an assist as he's a good server to the club, maybe not the best of men but he's a loyal character.

Baines, Anichebe, Hibbert and Castillo featured tonight. I'm hoping that were going to see Baines & Castillo playing against Wigan. Lescott out, Baines in and Castillo sitting in the Carsley role with some baggage taken out, possibly Osman as Arteta could always come up with something. B)

Will Moyes stick with two up front?.....I can see him sticking with the Yak!

This said I really believe that Saha and Yakubu are starting to understand each other....ie Saha knows The Yaks not going to run around much, and the Yak knows Saha isn't going too either :o

Joking apart!...if those two can forge a partnership and we can create for them, opponents will really have their hands full.Middlesborough defended really well against us, happy to hit on the break.If Wigan come at us and we play as well as we did Sunday then I can see a win.

It would be helped greatly, if Arteta could live up to his reputation for a change.....here's a little bit of advise to our skillful Spaniard!..........."Collect the ball, now your not crossing a road!....so don't look left and right........instead, JUST GO FORWARD......THEN, JUST HIT THE FUC%ING THING!!!

Not every time now mind!............

Unbeaten run to continue :)

Can i play devils advocate for a second here and ask why there has been so much criticism of Arteta? Watching the game (mind you through bleary eyes at 1am on a Monday morning in Perth) I couldn't be overly critical of his performance, particularly when compared against the rest of the team. His delivery for the 'yak back' goal was fair... Timmy missed a fairly straight forward chance from a corner... i think you have to criticise our finish rather than our delivery on this occasion. I actually thought it was one of the few times, if not the first, we have looked the better side on the park for the majority of the match. We only need to play similar to the borough game and finish our chances to put Wigan away comfortably.

Can i play devils advocate for a second here and ask why there has been so much criticism of Arteta? Watching the game (mind you through bleary eyes at 1am on a Monday morning in Perth) I couldn't be overly critical of his performance, particularly when compared against the rest of the team. His delivery for the 'yak back' goal was fair... Timmy missed a fairly straight forward chance from a corner... i think you have to criticise our finish rather than our delivery on this occasion. I actually thought it was one of the few times, if not the first, we have looked the better side on the park for the majority of the match. We only need to play similar to the borough game and finish our chances to put Wigan away comfortably.

Mainly because he has been shit this season, poor performances are usually followed by criticism. In Artetas case he is one of those untouchables, you will never see him on the bench...which considering most players have played better than him is annoying to the fans. It is obvious he should be benched to give him a kick up the backside but it just wont happen.

Arteta at the moment seems to be staying the same or even getting worse whilst the rest of the team are slowly improving.

On the Wigan game, I see us winning it quite comfortably. I predict 3 own goals from Bramble and us to win 3-0.

Pienaar will miss Everton’s trip to Wigan on Monday after failing to recover from a knee injury. The South African international missed his country’s clash with Cameroon earlier this week after aggravating the problem during the Blues 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough. He is now being assessed by Everton’s medical team, who now hope that intensive treatment will enable Pienaar to be fit for next Sunday’s game at Tottenham. It has been a stop-start campaign so far for the 26-year-old, who was sidelined for seven weeks at the beginning of the season with a broken toe. Pienaar returned as a substitute in the second leg of the UEFA Cup clash with Standard Liege and, given his importance to the team, he reclaimed his starting place soon after. That’s why Blues boss David Moyes will be hoping this latest lay-off does not prove to be too serious and a week’s therapy will enable him to travel to White Hart Lane. The news surrounding Marouane Fellaini, however, is much brighter and Everton’s club record signing should be given the all clear to play at the JJB Stadium. He missed Belgium’s 1-1 draw with Luxembourg with a groin strain but has responded to treatment at Finch Farm and he should be fine to face Wigan.

I know that that has been posted in the News section, but seeing as they are over-looked I thought I would post it in here too as it could be very important to our chances against Wigan. He's the player that's been giving the attack flair to the team and the one that with a few games under his belt could really make a differance to us. I knew about him being held back from the South Africa games but I was un-aware that this would hinder his chances on Monday. I'll be dissapointed to see him out of the team. He wasn't playing against Middlesbrough and I think we missed him. Shame, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Wigan have doubts over Emile Heskey (hamstring), Amr Zaki (rib and calf), Mario Melchiot (knee) and Jason Koumas (groin), who all face fitness tests. Emmerson Boyce is suspensed after being sent off against Newcastle.

Everton duo Marouane Fellaini and Steven Pienaar face tests over the weekend to prove their fitness. Fellaini has a groin strain and Pienaar is struggling with the knee injury that ruled him out of South Africa's midweek 3-2 friendly win against Cameroon.

This will look good for us if it happens. I hope Fellaini comes back as Pienaar looks set to miss the trip. It would be good to see Zaki and Heskey out of the team as these two are Wigan's only potential threat to our defence, I'm sure Jagielka can handle any puny strike force Wigan can throw at him, Melchiot who is always good at the back looks set to be side-lined and Koumas, who always seems to pop up with something could miss out. This makes me all the more confident going into the game and I should now expect a comfortable 2 to 3 nil victory our way.

Well Howard alone has seen us through that first half unscathed. What in the world is Cahill doing out on the left flank pumping crosses in? Complete waste. Wigan aren't throwing height forward so I can't see why we need Lescott at left back. Need to bring Baines in to sling the crosses over for Cahill to get onto.

Edited by chicagoblue