IGNORED

Manchester City (away).

toffee77

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made up with that right at the end just what we needed from last week! Briliant play by all the team 4 5 1 is defo are best formation and arteta should stay in the center. Fellaini played great today i think was are motm causing problems all day an doin sum good defending 2 apart from another silly yellow card. Was good 2 see castillo gettin a full 90 mins aswell think he did good in his role today. good game and a well earnd 3 points COYB!

Edited by coxy051

Great stuff...

My stream froze the moment the goal went in....I'd have loved to have seen the defence's attitude when City kicked off again after last week.....bet they were all 100% concentration.

What a result....if only we can start playing at Goodison we'll be flying.

"I'm starting to wonder if £200m will be enough in January. Hughes has got to go."

David, Cheshire

Great stuff...

My stream froze the moment the goal went in....I'd have loved to have seen the defence's attitude when City kicked off again after last week.....bet they were all 100% concentration.

What a result....if only we can start playing at Goodison we'll be flying.

Mike Elano almost kicked a goal 10 seconds after we scored, and Castillo was lucky not to give away a penalty aswell.

Great performance today!.....outplayed Spurs, Aston Villa and now Man City.

From the parts I saw everyone played well, Osmans corners are better than Artetas ,and Arteta can shoot from around the area, just keep doing it!!

Their goalkeeper made some great saves, kinda kept them in it.Fellaini seems to get better and better.It was a foul by Ball on Osman in the area, but oh well we didn't need it in the end.

Team spirit looks good, get a couple of forwards fit and we could well go on a cup run!

Nice one David Moyes, you took a team with no strikers on the road....and went looking for a win!

A great response to what must have been a real downer for the team last week. (Well I still feel bad about that one!)

Pretty much in control of that game, I just wondered if we were ever going to get the goal.

Feeling much more upbeat about the team now even with our lack of strikers, 3 good back to back performances now, long may it continue!

well played i'd say. i only saw 20 minutes of first half which was highly entertaining especially for neutral as was some good end to end stuff.

Second half was pretty dull, what I enjoyed was that Man City weren'a ble to stamp and home team authority on the game. Very few chances in second half either side.

A Bit dissapointed that no subs were brought on. of course most wanted to see VDM on again today, Jurcievitz (awful spelling!) should have played some part mainly because if we've got no fit strikers he needs to be able to step into the side with some confidence.

Not even Baines gets to come on.

Of course a 0-0 draw with Man City would have been a good result but I still think a like for like swap with VDM or J would have been worthwhile.

good result though and well played, I think had we had Saha or Yakubu a goal would have come earlier, not necessarily from them but the difference a striker can make who can hold the ball and help get things going for the midfield.

Guest Moe Joe

Hey toffees I want to know if this has happened to any of you.

Usually after an Everton goal or win I am ecstatic and jump up and down. I was on the edge of the seat all game; so excited and scared. But when Cahill got that goal, I felt nothing. No motivation to smile, no energy to jump up and down; just absolutely nothing :/

I am happy that we won, but god - I would love to jump up and down for it. Is this normal? :lol:

What the hell.

Guest efctaxi

I've seen some real positives over the last month with Everton , and I'm confident that our poor early form is now behind us . Granted , we have no strikers , but we're really playing quite well at the moment , and I'm starting to like Fellani more and more each week .

Fingers crossed that we have a good Christmas and add a few names in the next window .

Enjoyed the match today .

Great performance considering our absences .

No :) .

Nice comment in the Daily Telegraph report today...

"What Everton lack in the way of financial resources they continue to compensate for with the wealth of their character and willpower."

....I like that.

Usually after an Everton goal or win I am ecstatic and jump up and down. I was on the edge of the seat all game; so excited and scared. But when Cahill got that goal, I felt nothing. No motivation to smile, no energy to jump up and down; just absolutely nothing :/

I am happy that we won, but god - I would love to jump up and down for it. Is this normal? :lol:

What the hell.

Let me think about that for a se......

NO... NEVER!

to earlier post im not picking but the team palyed so well moysey had no need to alter it if its not broken dont fix it kinda thing the workrate from the team was great moysey probably thought let em see the game out

also i wouldnt have thought moysey would have come under any stick today if we hadnt of got the winner we went to a ground were they have been free scoring and would have kept a clean sheet with no experianced forwardi beleive he got it bang on today well done dm

just my opinion dont wanna ruffle feathers

Just got back in from the match!! WHAT A WIN!! We battered them 1st half and personally i thought we missed our chance but fair play to the lads they stuck at it with a great performance from start to finish. Castillo was magnificent. Reminiscent of Carsley, he just sat there and did his job and this allowed Arteta to have proably his best match in a blue shirt this season - he was evreywhere. Fellaini was class aswell, always battling and showing some great touches - same for Ossie. If anyone deserved a goal today it was Timmy The Blue Kangaroo. He did not stop running. He will be fucked tomorrow morning!! Shere pandamonium when the goal went in!! Went some of the way to make up for last week!! Great great win.

Regarding the trouble - it was brewing all through the match. The fans are way too close with minimal stewards between the sets. When we scored Neville ran the length of the pitch to celebrate with the fans - this did not go down well witht them as you could imaine. Bottles, coins and whatever people got on their hands on were thrown it was total handbags. Both sets of fans were guilty and also one of our lot ran on the pitch when we scored. Hopefully we won't be punished. The trouble continued outside with a lot of taunting and it ended up with a brick being thrown at our bus!! Luckily it was double glazed and only broke 1 pane.

I was really disappointed in city today. They showed nothing to me to suggest they're going to be anywhere better than 10th this season. Robinho and Jo were nowhere to be seen. They don't seen to care. I'm really proud of the blues today. Top top win - let's take this to our own patch now and we'll fly up the league.

NSNO.

Edited by EFCfanatic

No :) .

Nice comment in the Daily Telegraph report today...

....I like that.

still nothing on henry winter (closet blue but who cares he's the telegraph's top guy) report last week on everton dumbfounding all with pleasing and penertrating football!

we're playing well bring on le chelsea!!

in a side note, i would like to point out a RS who tried to cause an arguement at work!

i was in them toilet getting changed listening to radio city, when i heard that in i laughed and celebrated, i walked into the staff room, and i was accused of everton being "Jammy Bastards!" i was hasty to point out "how many times has one man saved liverpool?" to which the responce was "we're still top of the league!" (typical rs i know this is more a When Skies are grey post but!.......)

4-6-0 works!

good night x

Guest Moe Joe

I don't think our home form will do well against Chelsea's away form TBH.

I just hope that Jagielka can stay in top form and annihilate the long balls to Anelka.

I don't think our home form will do well against Chelsea's away form TBH.

I just hope that Jagielka can stay in top form and annihilate the long balls to Anelka.

I think we'll raise our game as we did against United and get a point.

Not overly bothered by Anelka, without looking it up I don't think he has a great record against us; Drogba is another matter...just hope he doesn't start :) .

I think we'll raise our game as we did against United and get a point.

Not overly bothered by Anelka, without looking it up I don't think he has a great record against us; Drogba is another matter...just hope he doesn't start :) .

I actaully think that Anelka has a very good record against us, i'll have to look it up but I have a feeling that he has scored more goals against us then any other team in the prem. I think thats right, ill have a quick look.