IGNORED

Manchester City (away).

toffee77

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

Why are people all of a sudden throwing VDM straight into the starting 11? I thought he played well when he came on against Villa too but he was on the field for less than 10minutes, we don't know from that cameo what his fitness is like because he didn't really have any running to do. It would be suicide to throw him back in. If he's on the bench bring him on for the last 15 and build him up atleast, we all know his injury record after all.

I reckon we'll lose 2-0 though - Elano and Benjani.

I'm with Mark on this one, but possibly from a different perspective. I think if we want to get the most out of VDM then we need to bring him back slowly, not just throw him in at the deep end. If we can keep building him up with a little bit more each game then he could be a real asset. I would hate to see him thrown in too early and get injured straight away, we could need him alot during the christmas fixtures so slowly does it for me.

I would like to see him invlolved, but not straight away.

As for the game. 2-1 to them. Robinho x 2 Saha for us.

If Man City play well, 3-1 to them, if we play like we have against tottenham and villa and Saha plays, 2-0 to us.

Howard

Neville Yobo Jags Lescott

Osman Fellaini Arteta Pienaar

Cahill

Saha

The VDM point, I'd like to see him play a bit more as a sub before any thought of first team. He had a good run out but he is there as an option to add pace up front when other players get tired, taking Osman/Pienaar off and throwing him on wide with 20 minutes for half a dozen games will get his confidence and fitness up and maybe then he could start. It's been one match for a few minutes, I'm not ready to trust that he won't just fall over and get injured again. However, I think if his fitness is brought up he could be a valuable asset amid the striekr crisis and I'm glad to have him on the bench.

1-1

Howard

Neville-Yobo-Jags-Lescott

Vdm-Arteta-Fellaini-Pienaar

Cahill

Anichebe

Think we should think about bringing Castillo in before VDM, let Fellaini stay forward in Cahills role and let Castillo guard the back four, fellaini isnt fit enough or fast enough to do both jobs box to box.

---------------HOWARD-----------------

NEVILLE --YOBO--JAGIELKA--LESCOTT

--------------- CASTILLO ----------------

OSMAN ---ARTETA---FELLAINI---PIENAAR

-----------------ANICHEBE----------------

If its not working we can bring Baines on for the last half hour and push Lescott up front.

subs.......... Cahill, Baines, Nash, Jutkewich, Rodwell, Vdm.

Think we should think about bringing Castillo in before VDM, let Fellaini stay forward in Cahills role and let Castillo guard the back four, fellaini isnt fit enough or fast enough to do both jobs box to box.

---------------HOWARD-----------------

NEVILLE --YOBO--JAGIELKA--LESCOTT

--------------- CASTILLO ----------------

OSMAN ---ARTETA---FELLAINI---PIENAAR

-----------------ANICHEBE----------------

If its not working we can bring Baines on for the last half hour and push Lescott up front.

subs.......... Cahill, Baines, Nash, Jutkewich, Rodwell, Vdm.

This is the team I'd like to see.An in form Cahill in a 4-5-1 would be a must, but for me he's not in form.Against villa with Castillo in instead of Cahill, with how we dominated we would have probably won by about 3-0!!

I'd like to see Moyes give Anichebe the nod over Saha!.....this would give Victor a massive boost of confidence, plus have Saha maybe on the bench.

VDM, also could be an impact sub if needed, teams wont know what to expect from him...we don't know what to expect from him :huh:

Aren't villa supposed to be better than Man City?.......Play like we did Sunday, cut out the bad mistakes and we could well get a victory.Lescott's got his scoring head on again, Fellaini's getting better, Neville will want to beat City!!........Jagielka and Yobo rock solid.

1-0 Everton.....Lescott or Anichebe.

VDM, also could be an impact sub if needed, teams wont know what to expect from him...we don't know what to expect from him :huh:

....and you can be sure Villa wil have no clue what to expect from him....mind you, neither do we :unsure: .

Blatant plagiarism there 250....you'll be hearing from my lawyer in the morning :P .

I think we've every chance of winning if we play like we did on Sunday, our away record is bettered only by Chelsea and L'pool, City have lost four at home.

2-1....Osman and an 87th minute 30 yard screamer from Van der Meyde....natch :lol: .

I suspect we'll take this game. City are a good team and getting better but they've had real selection inconsistency and their back line doesn't exactly look impenetrable.

What I think we'll see

------------Howard-------------

Nev----Yob----Jags----Lescott

Osman-Fellaini-Arteta-Pienaar

-------------Cahill---------------

-----------Anichebe-------------

Assuming of course Anichebe's injury was minor.

I too would like to see us start Castillo and sit Cahill but I just don't see it. I think we'll see big Vic go to about 65 or 70th minute then Saha on and, just maybe, VDM in the 80th if needed.

3-1 to us

Blatant plagiarism there 250....you'll be hearing from my lawyer in the morning :P .

Blatent plagiarism!!....That's esay for you to say!...If I knew what it meant I might be worried :huh:

Don't go using your private school education to intimidate us country folk :angry:

AND Heather_6 ! ^^^^^.You say we've already lost 3-1!....Did they kick off early?

I suppose which Everton team turns up if we play like we have in the last two games i think we will have enough to beat City and i would go with a 2-1 win Saha/Fellaini. If we play as we did prior to those two games i would expect us to get our arses spanked good and proper 4-1 Robinho-2 Ireland-1 Benjani-1 and Saha-1