IGNORED

Macclesfield (away)

dark

The tickets for the game have all been sold out and we should be hoping for a win. I'm guessing 4-0 :)

Nigel Martyn:

One Premier League team in form, one League Two side struggling – all things being equal, you would have to expect Everton will be in the FA Cup Fourth round this time next week. Some will examine the tie we have been given against Macclesfield and immediately fear the worst, thinking back to the banana skins of Shrewsbury Town and Oldham which we’ve slipped on in recent years. But I would be flabbergasted if Macclesfield joined that list – having seen them taken apart by Bradford City a couple of days ago, I really don’t envisage Everton being presented with too many problems at Moss Rose this weekend. In all honesty, I would have been more concerned had we been paired with either Wycombe Wanderers or Brentford, two sides who are right on top of their game and would have relished the opportunity to try and take a Premier League side down a peg or two. When teams are full of confidence, they have less difficulty bridging gulfs in class; look at what happened when Histon – who were then top of the Conference – played Leeds at a ground that screamed ‘upset’. Macclesfield will give it everything early on but if Everton play with the swagger and determination that has carried them through Christmas on the crest of a wave, they won’t have any problems.

More.

Kick Off is 15:00

Edited by dark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-0 to us I reckon.

Nash

Hibbert Jags Lescott Baines

Castillo/Rodwell

Gosling Arteta Cahill Kissock

Vic

We won't put that team out but it's what I'd like to see. A nice blend of youth and experience and you would think that's be enough to see Macclesfield off.

Edited by Romey 1878

I wouldent mind seeing some of the reserves playing against Macclesfield. I think we need one or two senior players to come up with the goods should things take a turn for the worst. We need to ensure that a repeat of Oldham dosen't happen again. I think that Arteta should play while his confidence is up, if he plays we could see more goals coming from him. The team I would like to see;

GK: Nash

DF: Hibbert

DF: Jagielka

DF: Lescott

DF: Baines

MF: Kissock

MF: Van der Meyde

MF: Arteta

MF: Fellaini

MF: Gosling

ST: Jutkiewicz

Subs: Howard, Valente, Osman, Fellaini, Agard

Edited by dark

That's the reason that I put him on the bench. He will miss the game if all goes to plan but should we be 1-0 in the lead in the last few moments or even drawing or losing we can throw him on for some high and much needed support. He's the kinda' player that could turn things around for us if they get nasty. I would like to see him on the bench for that game.

Who knows the facts about Saha? Because I thought he was hoping to make a return for the Chelsea game?

Hello lads, just popped on to not wish you luck on Saturday. Read what Nigel Martyn said in the Liverpool Echo, he wants to get his facts right before mouthing off. He said, " I watched Macc get hammered by Bradford a couple of days ago, so we should not have many problems on Saturday" If he thought Morcambe were us then I always thought he needed his eyes tested especially being a Goalie? What a TIT? Obviously we are not expected to win it, but ask West Ham how we frightened them a few weeks ago in the Cup, we were winning 1-0 with 10 mins to go & then the Ref sent one of ours off for nothing & we went down 4-1 in extra time. Here's to a Giant killing eh?

It will be good to see some of the youth given a run out. I'd like to see Gosling given another start, and also Rodwell and Jutiwich a start. This is what i'd go for.

Howard

Hibbert Jags Lescott Baines

Gosling Neville Rodwell VDM

Jutiwich Anichebe

Rest Arteta, Cahill, Osman and Fellaini. Keep a solid back line as I think we need a good run this year and don't think we should take any opposition lightly. It would be very disrespectful to anticipate that we could turn over any lower league opposition with extreme ease. Keeping a solid back line would allow more experimentation up front, and at the end of the day there isn't really many youthies pushing for defensive places, so i'd rest some of our attacking options, have them on the bench wrapped in cotton wool just in case!

I predict a win but it won't be a walk in the park. We seem to struggle against lower league teams in the FA Cup of late, i think it will be a scappy very english game. 2-0 win to us.

Macc Lad, what's the parking like around the ground and more specifically the drinking establishments and the pies.

Plenty of street parking, but if you drive past the ground on the main rd out of Macc about 100/200 yards on the right there is an industrial site, Car garages, Curry's, MFI etc there is plenty of parking there.

Some interesting stats. Macclesfield's best FA Cup record is the third round. They have managed it six times and crashed out to the likes of Chelsea, Port Vale, Fulham, West Ham, Watford and Swansea. Last year they failed to get past the first round losing 3-1 to Rushden & Diamonds and to get to the third round this year they have beaten Port Vale and Harlow.

We on the other hand have the final as our best run, we have won the FA Cup on five recent occasions and even though we crashed out of the cup at the same time as Macclesfield we have a better record. On paper the game looks like its going to be dominated by us.

Macclesfield 0 Everton 4

Guest efctaxi
Some interesting stats. Macclesfield's best FA Cup record is the third round. They have managed it six times and crashed out to the likes of Chelsea, Port Vale, Fulham, West Ham, Watford and Swansea. Last year they failed to get past the first round losing 3-1 to Rushden & Diamonds and to get to the third round this year they have beaten Port Vale and Harlow.

We on the other hand have the final as our best run, we have won the FA Cup on five recent occasions and even though we crashed out of the cup at the same time as Macclesfield we have a better record. On paper the game looks like its going to be dominated by us.

Macclesfield 0 Everton 4

Can you name how many players in our squad have an FA cup winners medal ?

Macclesfield 0 Everton 4

Listen as you know we are not expected to win so all the pressure (if there is any) is on you.We tend to play well against good teams as we did at West Ham earlier on in the season. It is very cold here, no underground heating here I am sorry, but covers are on & more insulation is going on as we speake? If the game was to be called off, it would be a Tuesday night game, maybe a better chance being live on TV?

The pressure may be on us but we are from the Premiership and know how to deal with this kinda' thing. I fully expect us to put four or five into your goal and comfortable progress into the Fourth Round. We will be able to cope with the bad conditions as most of the players featured will be from the Acadamy and Reserves who will be used to that kinda of pitch. I dont really care if the game is called off, I expect us to win whatever day its on.

Again - Macclesfield 0 Everton 4

The pressure may be on us but we are from the Premiership and know how to deal with this kinda' thing. I fully expect us to put four or five into your goal and comfortable progress into the Fourth Round. We will be able to cope with the bad conditions as most of the players featured will be from the Acadamy and Reserves who will be used to that kinda of pitch. I dont really care if the game is called off, I expect us to win whatever day its on.

Again - Macclesfield 0 Everton 4

Can I just say that our pitch all be it hard with the frost, is one or one of the best in leagure 2, its like a billiard table. Although you may have the right to think it, do I detect a slight, "we are a bigger team than you" in your postings? Click below for our West Ham goal

http://www.sportizo.com/football/league-cu...macclesfield-t/

Edited by 12thman

Can I just say that our pitch all be it hard with the frost, is one or one of the best in leagure 2, its like a billiard table. Although you may have the right to think it, do I detect a slight, "we are a bigger team than you" in your postings? Click below for our West Ham goal

http://www.sportizo.com/football/league-cu...macclesfield-t/

I don't think the bigger team card can be played based on our recent form, we have been decimating premier league teams as of late, holding chelsea, and taking wins from tottenham, manchester city, middlesborough and sunderland, conceding 3 in our last 6 games and scoring 8, 1 draw 1 loss and 4 wins.

I understand the whole giant killing aspect, look at the finalists last year, if you based every cup on who was considered the best rather than who was better on the day, then it would be the same teams every time.

However, considering we are out of europe, out of the carling and fighting for 4th, the FA Cup is our only chance at silverware this term and we won't play arrogantly because we think we can beat you, we will be clinical.

I'd admire optimism as much as the next bloke, but I have strong doubts we will suddenly falter against macclesfield :huh:

I'm going for 2-0, nothing amazing, just the norm.

Edited by The Regulator

The pressure may be on us but we are from the Premiership and know how to deal with this kinda' thing.

Like against Oldham and Shrewsbury.

I fully expect us to put four or five into your goal and comfortable progress into the Fourth Round.

Asking for trouble that. Have you ever played any sport Dark? You raise your game....it'll be the biggest game some of these players are involved in in their lives. I saw Woking play at Goodison in the FA Cup and they played out of their skins for ninety minutes. Kevin Sheedy nicked a win for us but it could have gone either way.

I'd settle for 1-0.

We will be able to cope with the bad conditions as most of the players featured will be from the Acadamy and Reserves who will be used to that kinda of pitch.

You're delusional if you believe that. Our only chance of silverware and you really think Davey'll put out the kids?

It'll be a virtually full strength squad for sure....one or two first choices may be left on the bench but nothing more than that.

If the team show Macclesfield as little respect as you have we'll lose.

Like against Oldham and Shrewsbury.

Asking for trouble that. Have you ever played any sport Dark? You raise your game....it'll be the biggest game some of these players are involved in in their lives. I saw Woking play at Goodison in the FA Cup and they played out of their skins for ninety minutes. Kevin Sheedy nicked a win for us but it could have gone either way.

I'd settle for 1-0.

You're delusional if you believe that. Our only chance of silverware and you really think Davey'll put out the kids?

It'll be a virtually full strength squad for sure....one or two first choices may be left on the bench but nothing more than that.

If the team show Macclesfield as little respect as you have we'll lose.

Completly Agree. As i stated before its very disrespectful to expect an easy victory. No game is easy! Dark has clearly shown his young age by predicting a walk over.

Completely Agree. As i stated before its very disrespectful to expect an easy victory. No game is easy! Dark has clearly shown his young age by predicting a walk over.

The only way that i would be disappointed is if we didn't put up a fight & lost by a hat full? You see I am not expecting to win because of the vast distance in player for player, & myself am treating the game as a bonus & what ever happens happens, at the end of the day we didn't embarrass our selves at Chelsea, I know we lost 6-1 but come on 2-1 at half time at Stamford bridge & to go down to 10 men just after half time was asking a little too much?

The best way for Everton to beat Macclesfield!

Is to go out there fully aware that Macclesfield COULD beat them! Show them the respect they deserve, play for each other, and law of averages should see us win!

I hope Macclesfield have a great day, but just find themselves outclassed on the day, surely a chance to pick up a few more future Evertonians!

If Macclesfield bottle it, it will be a comfortable win.If they are totaly up for it and one or two of our top payers don't perform, then I'd take a bloody scrappy 1-0 and be happy!