Macclesfield (away)

dark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi

Not been the best performance though .

So far , Baines and Pienaar linking on the left has looked great , but everything else a bit stale . Lucky not to have been a goal down after the Maccs missed 2 good chances .

Think we're missing Fellaini :)

Get another goal then bring the kids on ;)

Edited by efctaxi

very good goal by osman, what a strike.

we're not very convincing in the midfield tho ..could be due to the pitch but mainly i think someone should just tell pienaar to stop hitting the ball with the back of his heel when there's nothing to gain from it.

thought baines played really well first half.

The commentators on Setanta are winding me up...on and on about Macc being on top and us taking the lead against the run of play. Bollocks.

We've had more posession and Macclefield have had zero shots on target and no corners....against three and three for us (all according to BBC stats).

Macc are playing very well and doing themselves proud, but they're not on top.

Anyone hear the story about the fourteen year old Macc lad spending all night at the ground working on the pitch and getting some kip on the chairman's sofa at six this morning?

Like someone said earlier, respect to the people who got the match on.

Guest efctaxi

Decent win , and as I predicted , it was 1-0 , but pretty uncreative with the posession .

I suppose credit must be due to their defense , but we should have pushed them further than we did .

Baines for me put the biggest shift in today .

That was the very scrappy 1-0 win I said we'd be happy to see!!

Just take a look at Chelsea and Man City (You know those two teams with more money than us!) and you will see it could have been far worse.

We know we can play better than that.....Macclesfield probably can't!

Another game without conceding a goal, great save at the end from Howard.Baines needs games, and well that's another one, and a pretty decent one.Well done Ossie a really well taken goal.

Nowfor the next round, a home tie against Sunderland will do me..... :)

Setanta guys were absolutely fucking appalling today. I was literally throwing shit at the telly. Someone PLEASE tell me how Macc were "on top" when we had 60-70% of the ball possesion and they had 1 decent chance?

Now I know this was their first FA Cup 3rd round ever as a broadcaster so I can forgive them for inexperience....But setanta, a bit of advice, don't keep mentioning "Cup Shock/Upset/Romance of the 3rd round" every 2 fucking minutes when the clearly better side was in clear control of the match.

dissapointing performance but it'll do i guess!

Dissapointed Moyes didn't make changes earlier but then if we'd scored a second goal he'd probably have made the changes. Macclesfield didn't create much but 1-0 just isn't enough in a cup tie and with 1 in the first half we shouldn have finished it in the second half.

Macclesfield played ok but we just weren't creating anything.

Just a thought on the Fellaini yellow card situation, surely we'd rather have him suspended for the Hull game than any of the other 3 games? Could it not have been an idea to bring him on and get him booked now? Otherwise he should have done it last week!

Guest efctaxi

Dissapointed Moyes didn't make changes earlier but then if we'd scored a second goal he'd probably have made the changes. Macclesfield didn't create much but 1-0 just isn't enough in a cup tie and with 1 in the first half we shouldn have finished it in the second half.

Just a thought on the Fellaini yellow card situation, surely we'd rather have him suspended for the Hull game than any of the other 3 games? Could it not have been an idea to bring him on and get him booked now? Otherwise he should have done it last week!

10 yellows = 2 match ban

ideally he should have gotten his 10th against middlesborough.

we clearly missed him today tho ..

Guest efctaxi
I didn't see the game but all I've heard is how shit Hibbert (his crossing mainly) and Anichebe (all round shitness in his case) were. Any truth in it?

Hibbert wasn't shit at all .

The team as a whole were poor , and uncreative .