IGNORED

Hugo Almeida

Don't get your hopes up, guys... I'm not a great fan of him, I expected more from him, honestly. Nuno Gomes has always been lackluster at best, and i hoped Hugo would do some good stuff on our national team, but...

He's an average scorer in germany, and I think someone of his stature should score more goals from crosses. Maybe he'll work better in the EPL, but I honestly don't see it.

Don't get your hopes up, guys... I'm not a great fan of him, I expected more from him, honestly. Nuno Gomes has always been lackluster at best, and i hoped Hugo would do some good stuff on our national team, but...

He's an average scorer in germany, and I think someone of his stature should score more goals from crosses. Maybe he'll work better in the EPL, but I honestly don't see it.

Thanks for the insight, Sporting4ever. That's really disappointing about him though, we still need another striker.

Guest Cahill17_Moe

I was chatting to a mate who follows the German League like a religion. He said that Almeida has to compete for his place as a new striker is coming in, and may not even be used for the season. He said that if his club loaned Almeida out, it would have no impact on them, and we could have him for the season.

Come on Moyes, work your pick up lines.

I was chatting to a mate who follows the German League like a religion. He said that Almeida has to compete for his place as a new striker is coming in, and may not even be used for the season. He said that if his club loaned Almeida out, it would have no impact on them, and we could have him for the season.

Come on Moyes, work your pick up lines.

I knew before this link that Almeida wasn't prolific but to go for a player that can't start in his own team in the Bundesliga can't be that good!? Would he really benefit us in anyway? we might aswel use our youth than spend loan money on people ranked 4th in the peckin order?

Guest Cahill17_Moe
I knew before this link that Almeida wasn't prolific but to go for a player that can't start in his own team in the Bundesliga can't be that good!? Would he really benefit us in anyway? we might aswel use our youth than spend loan money on people ranked 4th in the peckin order?

He's got to fight with Pizzaro and company. ;)

That's hard competition.

He's a big boy and he can stay on his feet better than Anichebe. A switch to England may be what Almeida needs to dip back into form. He isn't on the bench because he is a bad player; he is on the bench because Werder Bremen has some near world class forwards.

I would like to see Almeida, Fellaini, Cahill and Lescott in the box at once. :)

He's got to fight with Pizzaro and company. ;)

That's hard competition.

He's a big boy and he can stay on his feet better than Anichebe. A switch to England may be what Almeida needs to dip back into form. He isn't on the bench because he is a bad player; he is on the bench because Werder Bremen has some near world class forwards.

I would like to see Almeida, Fellaini, Cahill and Lescott in the box at once. :)

Granted it would deffinately add to our vertically challenged squad, and it would make us a much more dangerous team from set peices!? but Pizzaro couldn't cut it in the prem, and he's similar in build but was tauted to be a 'big' thing. Im just a little scepticle on this one... :blink:

Granted it would deffinately add to our vertically challenged squad, and it would make us a much more dangerous team from set peices!? but Pizzaro couldn't cut it in the prem, and he's similar in build but was tauted to be a 'big' thing. Im just a little scepticle on this one... :blink:

To be honest if Pizzaro's been keeping Almeida out that might not be so bad. I've been watching the Budesliga this year and Pizzaro has been on fire, can't stop scoring. Not really sure how similar they are, but if Werder can really go without him then I'm sure they wouldn't be opposed to loaning him to a team where they know he'll be playing.

To be fair who ever we take on loan is going to be because their club doesn't see them in their plans for whats left of the season, so bit of a moot point really. He's an international so cant be that bad.

I'm anticipating the lunchtime rush on signings on deadline day.

The only promising aspect of this is that the club are open to loan with option to buy deal....which is exactly what we need.

I think given that the transfer window shuts in 279 hours, our focus should be on numbers, not quality at this point. After all, we've had a striker crisis, but what if Cahill were to get injured, I don't think we'd cope with just Anichebe....

Another striker would mean we have someone to bring off the bench when we're winning games, and to start against bottom of the table teams to rest players, and he may not be the best but if we can get any player this transfer window I'll be happy.

Supply him, he'll score. He'd offer us another option. I'd love bent but we can't afford him and doubt spurs would loan him (unless they sign a couple more strikers).

Feed the *scribbles out Yak* Hugo!

I agree, Bent is not realistic. This really is our best shot.

Speaking of Valente's involvement, I know some people want to get rid of him but he has been an absolute professional to the club. We could do a lot worse for a reserve left back and he's always willing to do his part if we ever try to bring in a player he can relate to.