IGNORED

Hugo Almeida

my portuguese mate thinks he's alright, could be good says he's acontact threat, especially from set pieces because of his height and could be good here...

anyone seen the freekick he scored in the cl by theway? RIDICULOUS

Well, I've always was partial to him in our national team, since I was fed up of only having nuno gomes up there, but the truth is, he isn't producing what I'd expect of him. We play with a lot of crossings to the penalty box, and he gets his fair share, but doesn't score all that much...

Maybe it's a reflection on his current club status, so a move might be good for him. He's certainly a powerful figure up front, so defenders will have to keep a sharp focus. He's not too slow, although he's not a dribler, so he's not the guy to be given a running ball, move past a defender and shoot kind of player.

But like you guys said, you're short handed up front, he's not an option at the moment, and he has had good seasons in the past, so maybe a move is what ne needs.

Well, I've always was partial to him in our national team, since I was fed up of only having nuno gomes up there, but the truth is, he isn't producing what I'd expect of him. We play with a lot of crossings to the penalty box, and he gets his fair share, but doesn't score all that much...

Maybe it's a reflection on his current club status, so a move might be good for him. He's certainly a powerful figure up front, so defenders will have to keep a sharp focus. He's not too slow, although he's not a dribler, so he's not the guy to be given a running ball, move past a defender and shoot kind of player.

But like you guys said, you're short handed up front, he's not an option at the moment, and he has had good seasons in the past, so maybe a move is what ne needs.

my friend also joking said to not lsiten to you :P

he's a benfica fan

i shall do, i imagine he'd mention the league table also.

he's not overly bitter though, he loves ronaldo and is a big fan of moutinho and veloso...although he does wish they'd move to england haha

don't see why he'd mention the league table, we have the same points and we deserved them, unlike some...

but this is much more fun directly ;) With people in the middle, it just gets weird.

And I bet he'd love them away from Sporting fast :D

Oh, and while you're asking him about the UEFA, also ask him about how he feels about his club refusing the son of one of their football icons from the 80s because he was a bit chubby as a kid, and now to see just what an amazing player he truly is, and that Sporting know talent when they see it, even if it's under a few extra pounds... I'm talking about Miguel Veloso, by the way. ;)

this just came up on the "A Bola" site, that "newspaper" I so love...

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...en&ie=UTF-8

It might mean nothing, but the simple fact that nothing is mentioned about a potential loan, and that he's focused on reaching for the title might mean he's staying put...

But, given this "newspaper"'s reliability, don't take this as a given.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Aaaaand we're linked again...

To be honest, if we got him for £1-1.5m, even with his injury problems, I'd be happy about it. He scores goals and he provides well for other goal scorers.

...however, he wastes some UNBELIEVABLE chances.

Oh shit, here's the link: http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4775

Edited by JoeQuince

Aaaaand we're linked again...

To be honest, if we got him for £1-1.5m, even with his injury problems, I'd be happy about it. He scores goals and he provides well for other goal scorers.

...however, he wastes some UNBELIEVABLE chances.

Oh shit, here's the link: http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4775

"Everton scored the fourth fewest goal in the top half of the English Premier League table this season - 55."

Um, we also finished 6th so that's not really an unbelievable stat... lazy piece of journalism. We scored less than only one team below us on the table - Liverpool. Still would be nice to get more goals to finish higher though obviously

"Everton scored the fourth fewest goal in the top half of the English Premier League table this season - 55."

Um, we also finished 6th so that's not really an unbelievable stat... lazy piece of journalism. We scored less than only one team below us on the table - Liverpool. Still would be nice to get more goals to finish higher though obviously

That's about the stupidest and most useless stat I've ever read, "Team finishing sixth only seventh in total goals scored shocker!"

What a prick :rolleyes:.

I'm not saying anyone will get special privileges

Just that money talks.

It does indeed but there has been no solid link just rags putting two and two together and it's common sense not to assume a player will leave on no basis other then United may need a new LB...