IGNORED

Solid Evidence That Benitez Has Lost The Plot

This guy is a satirists' dream at the moment. He comes up with some corking statements. These are quotes from ONE interview, some funny, some stupid and mostly totally hypocritical:-

""One team was trying to win and the other team was trying not to lose," said Benitez, whose team have drawn five of their last eight games. " Really? I thought the object of the game was not to lose and try to win, kind of the same thing. We are only warming up though.

""We dominated the game, controlled everything but it was just one mistake and they have scored,"" Are Liverpool really SOOOO good that is was their only mistake! I think you were just out thought and out fought Rafa my man.

""We know some teams will do the same thing and defend. We just have to learn to upset them and to attack." " Try and have a go at the manager and the fans, call them names and pull faces, that might work!! ;)

""When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield you know the game will be narrow." " You mean like a subbutteo team or table football? We all usually play on a football pitch and hang on, weren't we at Anfield? Isn't that your ground, I'd have a word with the groundsman Rafa, he might be a blue.

""I have never played like that here, and never did this while I was at Valencia, maybe at Extremadura a few times,"" OOHhhhh, so you mean when you have limited resources and a lack of options, playing this way is justified? Pot kettle? Sauce for the Goose?

And my favourite""It is hard against a team with 10 players,"" Really Rafa? I'm sure your board would be pleased to hear that at the moment. You were actually playing against 11 players and the sport is called Football. Maybe you thought it was basketball or figure skating. Yes, possibly figure skating, lots of pretty movement with no real point.

This guy is a satirists' dream at the moment. He comes up with some corking statements. These are quotes from ONE interview, some funny, some stupid and mostly totally hypocritical:-

""One team was trying to win and the other team was trying not to lose," said Benitez, whose team have drawn five of their last eight games. " Really? I thought the object of the game was not to lose and try to win, kind of the same thing. We are only warming up though.

""We dominated the game, controlled everything but it was just one mistake and they have scored,"" Are Liverpool really SOOOO good that is was their only mistake! I think you were just out thought and out fought Rafa my man.

""We know some teams will do the same thing and defend. We just have to learn to upset them and to attack." " Try and have a go at the manager and the fans, call them names and pull faces, that might work!! ;)

""When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield you know the game will be narrow." " You mean like a subbutteo team or table football? We all usually play on a football pitch and hang on, weren't we at Anfield? Isn't that your ground, I'd have a word with the groundsman Rafa, he might be a blue.

""I have never played like that here, and never did this while I was at Valencia, maybe at Extremadura a few times,"" OOHhhhh, so you mean when you have limited resources and a lack of options, playing this way is justified? Pot kettle? Sauce for the Goose?

And my favourite""It is hard against a team with 10 players,"" Really Rafa? I'm sure your board would be pleased to hear that at the moment. You were actually playing against 11 players and the sport is called Football. Maybe you thought it was basketball or figure skating. Yes, possibly figure skating, lots of pretty movement with no real point.

I watched his wingeing press conference deliberately trying to view what he said as impartially as possible. If I had supported any of the other teams at the top of the league right now his statements said just one thing, our bottle has gone, we can't score although all my players were available (at least those that wanted to be). I felt that the press guys actually started giggling in the back ground his statement were so BITTER to-wards our team.

Benitez is a man who lacks grace, has selective eyesight and has the manners of dog. Sportsmanship is not a part of his persona, he considers everything he does must be right so anyone who disagrees with him, or proves him wrong (as we have done twice recently) either don't know what they are talking about or cheat (basically the accusation he lays against us)

The one thing that scares me about his latest rant is Yanks may suddenly suss him out, if not them then the new owners if they ever find any. That will mean he will be dismissed, something I really don't want to see. Never has anyone cause so much hatred to-wards Anfield than this man, he is now despised throughout football. Players are losing trust in him yet he is still wanting to spend and spend and spend some more.

Benitez will be the ruination of LFC so long may he reign

Personally I think Rafa is a decent manager. I think sometimes he makes strange decisions, much like Moyes, but he's still one of the best in the league.

He's a prick, yes, but he's still a good tactician. He lacks grace and is extremely bias, but most managers are the same... Ferguson, Wenger especially.

THey've improved under him and he's signed some top players, some shite too but who hasn't? I think he's doing a decent job there and I'd rather he got sacked than stayed. Atleast then maybe some players will get pissed off and follow suit, Torres, Alonso etc.

Guest efctaxi

I think too much gets read into everything .

I don't remember a good manager who wasn't outspoken or indeed a little eccentric . Remember the chosen one ? ; or even Neil Warnock . Benitez was a good manager even before he came to Liverpool , and after a period where Red managers were being swapped a lot , he settled the ship somewhat .

I think he looks under a great deal of stress at the moment , but it would take a complete idiot to suggest he was a bad manager . He also looks like he has high blood pressure looking at his cheeks .

Here are some stats :

Spain U-19 League

Winner (1): 1993

Spain U-19 Cup

Winner (2): 1991, 1993

CF Extremadura

Segunda División

Promotion: Runner-up (1): 1997-98

CD Tenerife

Segunda División

Promotion (1): 2000-01

Valencia CF

La Liga

Winner (2): 2001-02, 2003-04

UEFA Cup

Winner (1): 2003-04

Liverpool

FA Cup

Winner (1): 2006

FA Community Shield

Winner (1): 2006

UEFA Champions League

Winner (1): 2004-05

European Super Cup

Winner (1): 2005

Individual Awards

FA Premier League Manager of the Month

Winner (4): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008

UEFA Champions League Manager of the Year

Winner (2): 2003-04, 2004-05

Not many managers can compare with the above :)

The thing that strikes me most is that he left Valencia because of disagreements with the board , and it wouldn't surprise me if he left Liverpool for the same reason .

Edited by efctaxi

For pity's sake you lot. What is wrong with you? The thread was having a laugh at Rafa's complete lack of thought when his flapper opens up, not about his managerial credentials. Do you all belong to the 'loved up with Benitez' club or what? Yes he is a good manager, but lets face it, as a Blue, I couldn't really give a toss. They could win every trophy under the sun and I would still be laughing at ALL the other managers because of their pathetic 'mind games' and 'wars of words'.

It doesn't matter which way you cut it, or what has passed before, Rafa has become a standing joke recently. He has had too much to say, has no real concept that his words are being widely ridiculed and has built a great team of almost achievers with vast swathes of money. This compared to what Moyes has achieved with the limited resources he has had, his dignity in all circumstances and general modesty and measured views on everyone else, Rafa is definitely a figure of fun.

If you want to glorify Rafa, start another thread, I am sure it will spark off some interesting comments. The man is a prize COCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all my years as a blue I've never known a more abhorant manager over the park that the Onion. Every on of his predecessors treated EFC with due respect I remember speaking with Gerrard Houllier who actually told me he quite liked EFC and our traditions. Some other former LFC managers cringe at his anti social attitude towards us. Bitter Benitez is pure self centred crap, his record does not reflect the man, I bet he is a back stabbing creep to work for, oh yes thats what Keano, Louis Garcia, Peter Crouch and one or two others think. No blue should show that bum any respect whatsoever

Edited by Jimmy the blue

In all my years as a blue I've never known a more abhorant manager over the park that the Onion. Every on of his predecessors treated EFC with due respect I remember speaking with Gerrard Houllier who actually told me he quite liked EFC and our traditions. Some other former LFC managers cringe at his anti social attitude towards us. Bitter Benitez is pure self centred crap, his record does not reflect the man, I bet he is a back stabbing creep to work for, oh yes thats what Keano, Louis Garcia, Peter Crouch and one or two others think. No blue should show that bum any respect whatsoever

Hello Jimmy hope your well mate, I agree how any Blue can actually defend the man is beyond words he has shown no respect for our club and our achievements in recent years. It does not matter how many trophies or awards he has won thats besides the point he can do no wrong and his team are always hard done by no class no grace nothing.

Master tactician my arse the man has made some of the most ridiculas substitutions and tactical choices i have witnessed in football the onion has spent a large fortune and acquired over 50 players with the funds he has been given in his time at the shite and still has the cheek to label other managers and clubs for his misguided managerial skills.

This is pure quality....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/robborobson/200...red_missed.html

Highlights...

...meanwhile Benitez sits on the touchline writing out ideas in his little notebook. What's he writing in there? I bet it's not a shopping list. If his work in the transfer market is owt to go by, his missus'd never let him near Morrisons!

You can see it now - Rafa comes home and offloads the groceries and she's all "What you go and buy some more Spanish sausage for? The shelves are full of dried up, uninspiring lumps of meat - and you get more?"

"I buy custard, too!"

"Custard!!! We are having mushroom soup, coq au vin and cheese and biscuits - where you think I can fit custard into that?"

"I am sorry!"

"AND the custard was £20 a tin! Aieee! Rafa! It's like Robbie Keane all over again."

...resorting to moaning about the way the opposition played is pretty feeble stuff.

It's an age-old gripe by indulged managers. It's not our fault - they were nasty. They parked a bus in front of the goal, they got men behind the ball, they tackled us, they tried to stop us scoring! My heart bleeds.

You never hear a lower club manager whingeing 'It's not fair, they've got better players than us and they kept passing it to each other and trying to score! Wahhhhhhh!'

Moyes had precisely no strikers at his disposal. None. Still, we'll put Phil Neville at centre-forward, play 2-3-5, and if that doesn't work we'll tie Yakubu and Saha's legs together and see if we can get one fit forward out of the two of them.

It's the equivalent of having a boxing match against a bloke with his hands manacled together and complaining 'cos he keeps on moving his head out the way.

It's nonsense! And despite the fact Rafa claims only one side was trying to win, Everton were 1-0 up at half-time, thanks to the fact that Tim Cahill was freer than a pensioner's bus pass when that corner was knocked in.

I totally agree with those who wouldn't give him any credit at all. If one man has ignited the hatred between Everton and Liverpool, especially over the last 4-5 years it's him. Granted it has been there for a while now but he just has not got a clue about quelling situations, instead just ignites them. His 'small club' rant from 2 years ago, shows that the man has no dignity and respect for anyone else and for those arguing what a great boss he is, then a great boss would realise the rivalry between teams from that city and how it can be managed appropriately, especially regarding events that have happened within the city and football related matters. He does the same in Champions League games as we did to them on Sunday but yet he opens up further chasms of hatred towards himself and his team by spouting his vitriolic crap about other teams tactics, probably to deflect from their own current shortcomings and problems. Christ! second in the league, champions league, money to spend and they still moan. He should actually take a leaf out of his captains book when being interviewed and asked about us, he didn't question our tactics, just accepted that they knew they would be in for a tough game from the start. He obviously knows not to fan the flames purposefully. Rafa Benitez a man of little or no dignity.

Hello Jimmy hope your well mate, I agree how any Blue can actually defend the man is beyond words he has shown no respect for our club and our achievements in recent years. It does not matter how many trophies or awards he has won thats besides the point he can do no wrong and his team are always hard done by no class no grace nothing.

Master tactician my arse the man has made some of the most ridiculas substitutions and tactical choices i have witnessed in football the onion has spent a large fortune and acquired over 50 players with the funds he has been given in his time at the shite and still has the cheek to label other managers and clubs for his misguided managerial skills.

Hi Paul, its good to be posting while I can. I think we've got a very interesting run in and unfortunately the Onion may be ousted over the park, I think he'll walk out on them claiming that the board wouldn't back his transfer judgement :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .

I must say that some of the reds I know actually hate him nearly as much as I do, he's graceless arse-hole on a good day! :angry::angry::angry:

I totally agree with those who wouldn't give him any credit at all. If one man has ignited the hatred between Everton and Liverpool, especially over the last 4-5 years it's him. Granted it has been there for a while now but he just has not got a clue about quelling situations, instead just ignites them. His 'small club' rant from 2 years ago, shows that the man has no dignity and respect for anyone else and for those arguing what a great boss he is, then a great boss would realise the rivalry between teams from that city and how it can be managed appropriately, especially regarding events that have happened within the city and football related matters. He does the same in Champions League games as we did to them on Sunday but yet he opens up further chasms of hatred towards himself and his team by spouting his vitriolic crap about other teams tactics, probably to deflect from their own current shortcomings and problems. Christ! second in the league, champions league, money to spend and they still moan. He should actually take a leaf out of his captains book when being interviewed and asked about us, he didn't question our tactics, just accepted that they knew they would be in for a tough game from the start. He obviously knows not to fan the flames purposefully. Rafa Benitez a man of little or no dignity.

Good post and well said Beard, if i had posted in this thread my reply would have been along the lines you have stated, but seeing as you are much better with words and have put it so eloquently, i'll agree with you wholeheartedly. :)

""I am disappointed with a number of things but no, the Wigan approach I will not talk about them," he added.

"It has happened in the last three games. They have something in common I don't like. I know why but I cannot say anything."

He can't say anything because he knows everyone is laughing at him already (apart from his own fans who just want him sacked) and if he says anything else everyone will just laugh more.

Since he pulled out his little speech in that press conference he and his team have been imploding in a fog of phoney, delusional self righteousness.

On his way before long I think. Regrettable some blues may think, but it'd still be nice to see him off like we did Dalgleish :P .

More of rafa's interview after the game ....... my best rafa impression

fist haf we control game yea, secund haf was crazy they keep stopping game with fouls

are you saying too many fouls stopped you winning ? yes, too many fouls

I havent seen the foul count but i bet theres not a lot in it either way. :) but teams are supposed to allow rs to walk past them and win easy, without competition. :lol:

I havent seen the foul count but i bet theres not a lot in it either way. :)

There is quite a difference actually Bill....one team commiting over 50% more fouls than the other so maybe he has a point.

:o Wait a minute! Nineteen fouls to twelve (see where this is going? You can just guess can't you :lol::lol: ).

The link don't lie http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ext/5260928.stm

Rafa's birthday anytime soon? Let's all club together to buy him a shovel so he can keep digging himself further and further in :D .

im not sure hes the great tactician someone earlier said in this if he was he'd find a way to beat teams that defend and not complain when they cant you know what i mean? the spanish waiter has completely lost it and doesn't know what to do! i mean takin gerrard off when the games not won? long may it continue! :lol: