IGNORED

Man Of The Match V Liverpool (cup Replay)

MikeO

MOTM v Liverpool  

67 members have voted

1. 1. ??????????

• Tim Howard
    • Tony Hibbert
    • Phil Jagielka
    • Joleon Lescott
    • Leighton Baines
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Phil Neville
    • Leon Osman
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Dan Gosling
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Andy van der Meyde

Have to agree what most peeps have said, everybody played well except the two substitutions Pienaar and Fellaini, i'm a great admirer of Pienaar but he was way off in that game, he was caught in possession and lost the ball too many times, and failed to find a pass all night, and What can i say about Fellaini, maybe he had a death threat or something but it looked as tho he'd never ever played football before, he was awfull.

Special mentions go to all of the back line, Arteta who played a lot better second half, and Cahill, you can see how much he wants to win these games, since playing in the unfamiliar role of lone striker he really does put in a good shift.

Jags just gets it for me, how much better can this man be, probs the best centre half in the country at the mo. :)

gave it to jags, hes had torres in his back pocket for weeks!

i was close to voting for hibbert, he was just like the whole crown playing right back, nothing but homegrown passion and determination.

moyes mad a big call by taking off fellaini, all credit to him for that one.

and its great to see a kid score the winner, but like that, against them, magic.

What can i say about Fellaini, maybe he had a death threat or something but it looked as tho he'd never ever played football before, he was awfull.

IMO a usual game for Fellaini :mellow:

Anyway, I went for Rodwell even though he didn't play a full game. The lad deserves a lot of credit for how well he plays.

If I hadn't voted Rodwell would have easily gone to Jags yet again.

I haven't got some sort of stalking going on with this bloke but I cannot believe that Phil Neville has not got one mention on here. He is captaining his team superbly at present, leading by example and to even cajole a 17 and 19 year old lad into the game show he is at present on the top of his game. As I have mentioned before all good sides need this type of player and the lad is standing up to be counted at present. It is with this improvement in his game that I feel compelled to give him my vote and that is without taking any recognition from superb performances from any number of lads last night.

Guest efctaxi
I haven't got some sort of stalking going on with this bloke but I cannot believe that Phil Neville has not got one mention on here. He is captaining his team superbly at present, leading by example and to even cajole a 17 and 19 year old lad into the game show he is at present on the top of his game. As I have mentioned before all good sides need this type of player and the lad is standing up to be counted at present. It is with this improvement in his game that I feel compelled to give him my vote and that is without taking any recognition from superb performances from any number of lads last night.

I mentioned Neville in my first post , and agree with what you've written wholeheartedly for the most part .

Chelsea fan here.

Just wanted to congratulate you lads on the yesterday's win against the Scum. Huge credit goes to your team for staying organized and showing great spirit, and your manager for doing so much with very limited resources. Great goal and I think I screamed as loud as I usually do when Chelsea score (doesn't happen that often nowadays unfortunately).

Really glad for you guys and at the same time very ashamed of the performance we gave on Sunday against them.

I'm going to go as far (as a Chelsea fan) as saying that I hope you win this cup as you definitely deserved it.

Good luck!

PS. I thought Phil Jagielka was immense yesterday. Good job containing lady Torres.

Edited by TheOtherBlue

Guest efctaxi
For efctaxi, aplogies for missing your praise for Neville, probably still intoxicated at present ha-ha. :D

After the United match , I mentioned Neville as one of the positions that needed to be improved , but after further consideration , I think his leadership qualities are invaluable in such big occasions , so I'll officially withdraw that comment , on those grounds , even though I still feel he's not the best passer of the ball . :)

Watching the game back over again Jags is so impressive. Not faultless, as was pointed out earlier he gave the ball away for the Riera chance, but his contribution to the goal hasn't been mentioned as far as I've seen. When the ball came out it looked like Hibbert was going to play it square but Jags stormed through and took it virtually off his toes before passing to VDM. Destined for pens until then. Deffo MOTM and player of the season so far for me.

This week really shows how SOME peeps dont always vote for the MOTM. how the hell can Howard, Lescott, and Cahill, not get a single vote after giving 120 minutes of blood and sweat, same also goes for Neville, Osman and Hibbert who hardly got a mention, as against VD Meyde who gets 5 votes for playing 15 mins and touched the ball once. :o ridiculous.

This week really shows how SOME peeps dont always vote for the MOTM. how the hell can Howard, Lescott, and Cahill, not get a single vote after giving 120 minutes of blood and sweat, same also goes for Neville, Osman and Hibbert who hardly got a mention, as against VD Meyde who gets 5 votes for playing 15 mins and touched the ball once. :o ridiculous.

Very true, why anyone voted for that loser is ridiculous. 1 single cross is all he did, it happend to lead to a goal. Bet he had a drink to celebrate his only meaningful contribution all season.

Agree with you there Bill. I don't agree with how VDM gets treated but on the basis of last night he wasn't the MOTM. One touch of the ball makes his performance better than Howard & Osman? Tch.

For me it could have been any of these;

Howard

Baines

Jagielka

Lescott

Neville

Hibbert

Arteta

Gosling

I went for Jagielka in the end. 120 minutes of solid performance, brilliant. Kept Fernando in his arse pocket.